Ultra Racing 4 point brace for YA4 chassis

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ultra Racing 4 point brace for YA4 chassis

Hey gang,
I have an 01 Accord 2 door. I know our chassis might be pretty damn close to being the same.

Does anyone have the Ultra Racing 4 point brace on their YA4 chassis (01-03 Acura CL/CL-s)?

I'm trying to find out if it would also mount up to the Accord CG2 Chassis. So, I would ask that you compare and/or even mock it up to a 98-02 2 door Accord chassis to see if the Accords could use it.

send me a PM if you can help.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 01-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
It is the same chassis so should work. Not sure if anyone on here has it yet. I ordered it from heeltoe on 11/25/2010 and still havnt even received an email that it shipped or anything yet. You reminded me its been over a month without hearing anything thnx.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

Originally Posted by brian6speed
It is the same chassis so should work. Not sure if anyone on here has it yet. I ordered it from heeltoe on 11/25/2010 and still havnt even received an email that it shipped or anything yet. You reminded me its been over a month without hearing anything thnx.

sweet, I got lucky. 1 guy already.

Let me know when you get it, so I can see the acutal product please. Wanna see the bracing style for that peice.

They are probably still making it. They do other car models also, so you gotta wait in line.
...Make it, then ship it from way abroad. That's the price of waiting on quality.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm Cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting, any reviews on the bars?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Lone Wolf

I was told that they dont have enough orders atm to ship a shipment from asia, so i will have to wait till more ppl order their parts. Could take awhile.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

I was told that they dont have enough orders atm to ship a shipment from asia, so i will have to wait till more ppl order their parts. Could take awhile.

Doh!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, you going to ask for a refund if it doesn't ship by a certain date?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
Damn, you going to ask for a refund if it doesn't ship by a certain date?
Im not that worried about it atm. My car is in storage now anyway so dont need it for 3 more months.

They usually ship one shipment at the end of every month and they just didn't have enough orders in december to ship. Hopefully at the end of January there will be enough.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
Brian, definitely write a review when you get it. Id like to see how low it sits and if you actually notice a difference.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Brian, definitely write a review when you get it. Id like to see how low it sits and if you actually notice a difference.
Yea will do, I am a lil worried about how low it might be for street use, but i dont plan on lowering my car that much, probably a 1 finger gap or so.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Lone Wolf

Got an email today stating "It sounds like we have one tracked down for you. It is supposed to show up here in the USA in about a week, and then we'll ship ASAP."

Wheelman see if you can find an accord owner near the chicago area that would be willing to meet up to test fit it. I am willing to drive to meet someone but not gonna go out of my way searching for someone.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

...Wheelman see if you can find an accord owner near the chicago area that would be willing to meet up to test fit it. I am willing to drive to meet someone but not gonna go out of my way searching for someone.

Will try my best.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

I have a member from V-6-Performance.net that is in Glenview, IL that may be able to help. Is this close enough Brian6Speed?

Nothing confirmed from him yet but, wanted to let you know now so you could let me know if that is close enough.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

update FYI:

talked to a US seller and the US distributor for Ultra Racing, no one knew for sure.

I bit the bullet and picked one up for a CG4(2000 Accord 4 door). Test fitted on my friends 99 Accord 4 door (CG1 chassis code) and it fit.

Mocked it up on mine and it will also fit. So the 4 point lower brace for a CG4 will basically fit ALL CG chassis' 98-02 Accord.

** Know, I wonder if it is the same item for the Honda Accord and Acura TL/CL. Part #'s are the same except last digits.

Thanks to Brian for stepping up to help me out. If I can help out later, let me know.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN
update FYI:

talked to a US seller and the US distributor for Ultra Racing, no one knew for sure.

I bit the bullet and picked one up for a CG4(2000 Accord 4 door). Test fitted on my friends 99 Accord 4 door (CG1 chassis code) and it fit.

Mocked it up on mine and it will also fit. So the 4 point lower brace for a CG4 will basically fit ALL CG chassis' 98-02 Accord.

** Know, I wonder if it is the same item for the Honda Accord and Acura TL/CL. Part #'s are the same except last digits.

Thanks to Brian for stepping up to help me out. If I can help out later, let me know.

so how is it?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Lone Wolf

It's been 3 months since I ordered mine from heeltoe and it still hasn't shipped. Just a warning if anyone thinks of ordering from them.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 AM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

Originally Posted by pb22
so how is it?
I was unable to mount it to my chassis.

It mounts to 2 bolts on k-frame and 4 bolts on chassis itself. My K-frame is lowered 3/4". I need to have some spacers made for the rear brace mounts, so it mounts up level.

It's been 3 months since I ordered mine from heeltoe and it still hasn't shipped. Just a warning if anyone thinks of ordering from them.
Unfortunately, buying some overseas items through US distributors/sellers for items like Ultra Racing, Cusco, etc. put you at the mercy of the dis/sellers. You have to wait for them to ship after it becomes cost wise for the manufacturer.

**I ordered mine through an EBAY seller who is in Malaysia. He shipped it via UPS express/courier and I received it in 3 days. Not only was shipping faster, but it was also cheaper than Heeltoe.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Do you have any pics with it on the car? Which bolts do they bolt to? Do they mount with existing bolts, longer bolts or do you have to drill new holes? Just trying to visualize how it mounts, maybe one can be custom made to fit.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

Originally Posted by RooEng
Do you have any pics with it on the car?
see below -- this is on my friends 4 door Accord, mounting is the same for all 98-02. We just wanted to see if it would even mount up and compare chassis mounting points before we tried my car, so it's not on all the way.

Which bolts do they bolt to?
Front mounts to the K-frame bolts. Rear mounts to the 2 bolts on the chassis itself.

** In the 1st pic you will see that one bolt (for the A-arms?) that has the front sway running over it. I think that is where a Cusco tie rod mounts. so, after it is installed , it looks like you could also use the Cusco lower tie bar.

We'll see later, I got one in the mail now I picked up cheap. Not sure if it would be "redundant" if using both, meaning it would have no effect, but I'm going to use both anyways.

Do they mount with existing bolts, longer bolts or do you have to drill new holes?
uses existing bolts, no need to drill anything. As far as I know all of the Ultra Racing braces/strut towers use existing bolts.

In the 3rd pic, you can see the U/R chassis brace rear mounting bracket that has 2 holes for the existing 2 bolts in the chassis.

Last edited by WHEEELMAN; 02-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Lone Wolf

So it looks like only one you can buy on eBay is the accord one which is a different part number than the cl one. Heeltoe canceled my order because it was gonna take over 6 months if it ever even happened. Looks like my options are to forget this bar, buy accord one and hope it fits, or order another cl one and wait 3 to 6 more months. Does anyone know of another option, this sucks.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
Make your own? Doesnt looks like a difficult design to replicate.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:39 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

pfff. That's bullshit Brian. Heeltoe needs to get off their asses and help a customer out.

I'm sorry to bash Heeltoe but that is piss poor customer service. Make a customer wait 3 months and then cancel the order.

** I checked stock on that part with HEELTOE before I bought mine from EBAY and he replied "should take 1-2 weeks to arrive"..... really?

Last edited by WHEEELMAN; 02-21-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Lone Wolf

I am not really concerned with who is to blame. I just wish I had the bar. After looking online the only mention of the cl bar is on heeltoe's website. No one else offers it. I wonder if it even exists. I can find accord one elsewhere.

As for making my own, yes that is possible but I already have so much else to do, and I'd have to find a fabricator to make one. Then lend them my car.

I think I might as well buy accord one on eBay and if it dsnt fit I can mod it to work.

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-21-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
This post came to my attention so I thought I would just try to clear our name a bit here...

I hope you meant a warning for people if they ordered this particular bar, because on the whole we have a very good ability to supply more conventional parts and have good communications.

Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN
pfff. That's bullshit Brian. Heeltoe needs to get off their asses and help a customer out.

I'm sorry to bash Heeltoe but that is piss poor customer service. Make a customer wait 3 months and then cancel the order.

** I checked stock on that part with HEELTOE before I bought mine from EBAY and he replied "should take 1-2 weeks to arrive"..... really?
You, my friend, might be over-reacting to a misunderstanding. I did my best to try and get this bar, including calling all over the country an emailing all over the world. Ultra Racing's communication is completely horrific. They truly are destined to be relegated to being an "ebay company." We can't work with companies like this because of damage like this that happens to our rep.

And just saying, if you ever did business with us you would know comments like "we need to get off our asses to help a customer" are completely unwarranted. We place customer needs above all. The fact that this deal went bad should be made up for with the good communications and willingness to simply refund the order we had. You weren't privy to the deal. I don't think you really have a right to say what you said.

I am not really concerned with who is to blame. I just wish I had the bar. After looking online the only mention of the cl bar is on heeltoe's website. No one else offers it. I wonder if it even exists. I can find accord one elsewhere.

As for making my own, yes that is possible but I already have so much else to do, and I'd have to find a fabricator to make one. Then lend them my car.

I think I might as well buy accord one on eBay and if it dsnt fit I can mod it to work.

Thanks for being objective about it. You were very understanding with the deal we had. One thing you should know is that all 98-02 Accord, 99-03 TL, and 01-03 CL chassis are the same, or close enough for parts like this to be known to be interchangeable sight-unseen. So the fact that we list it for a CL means that we know more about the car than other companies do. For nothing else we should get credit for this.

Order and Accord one. If it doesn't fit, I will buy it off you.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
ronrecr

I have the ultraracing 4 point bar east install and make a nice difference..tight you can tell how stable it is...almost no cowl shake,,but bar is tight under catalytic converter which is on that flex piece so when you hit a bump or rough road the clang a bit..I doulble checked tightness and fit..used locktight...so it is just the heat shield/cat hitting it..annoying sometimes but other than that worth it,,
Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by ronrecr_RENAMED
I have the ultraracing 4 point bar east install and make a nice difference..tight you can tell how stable it is...almost no cowl shake,,but bar is tight under catalytic converter which is on that flex piece so when you hit a bump or rough road the clang a bit..I doulble checked tightness and fit..used locktight...so it is just the heat shield/cat hitting it..annoying sometimes but other than that worth it,,
My bar doesn't make any noise but I have an aftermarket cat with no heat shield.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
i have stock cat and no heat shield