Turanza LSV Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turanza LSV Tires

Hello guys, whats your opinion of the Bridgestone Turanza tire in stock size? I was told by the guy at a Tires Plus location here in Atlanta that the Yoko Avid V4s was NOT a good replacement tire for the stock crappy Michelins. He highly recommended the Turanzas, any have any experience with these? Thanks!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Instructor

My dad has some sort of turanzas on his G35 (they came stock) and they have been absolutely terrible. For the longest time he's had this horrible sound from the front end. We thought it was either the breaks or a wheel bearing. Turns out it was just those tires. They had flat spots all over them, they were cupped, and just awful. I read on the G35 forum that many people disliked their turanzas and had them replaced...hope this helps
Old 07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Racer

Hmm, I could be wrong but I thought the overall impression here of the Yokohama V4S was positive.

I am sure you will hear from some of the members that have them, but like I said, most people have reported positive experiences.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AT7Driver
Hello guys, whats your opinion of the Bridgestone Turanza tire in stock size? I was told by the guy at a Tires Plus location here in Atlanta that the Yoko Avid V4s was NOT a good replacement tire for the stock crappy Michelins. He highly recommended the Turanzas, any have any experience with these? Thanks!!!
I have no experiance with the Bridgestone that you mention, however, your tire guy is either confused or lieing in an attempt to sell you the Bridgestones. I have the V4s on my '03 CLS-6speed. I have had them for about 7500mi. So far they have been very good in the wet and dry. Gas mileage is excellent. Time will tell as to how long they last. They have the 93 load rating that we need and for the price ($101.00/ea. @ Tirerack), I beleive it to be an excellent choice. 85% of my driveing is highway.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by MG2020
My dad has some sort of turanzas on his G35 (they came stock) and they have been absolutely terrible. For the longest time he's had this horrible sound from the front end. We thought it was either the breaks or a wheel bearing. Turns out it was just those tires. They had flat spots all over them, they were cupped, and just awful. I read on the G35 forum that many people disliked their turanzas and had them replaced...hope this helps
Not all turanzas the same. You need to look at the model number. I have LS-V, which is quite different from what they put on 04-05 TL (I belive its EL42 or something).
I have LS-V, and really like them. they are pretty good all season tires. If your main concern is performance, I would get something else, but if you want all-season year round tires, I'd highly recommend it.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AT7Driver
I have had these on my '01 CL-S for close to a year now (~10,000 miles) and they are the best "all-season" tires I have ever owned (I'm 52yrs old so I've ran thru a lot of tires :-( ). Like someone said in an earlier reply, if you are looking for high performance summer tires then these will disappoint. Likewise if you are looking for 'snow' tires they will also disappoint although they do ok in the white stuff. I don't drive the CL in snow but got caught a long ways from home one time during a light snow and they performed decently but I wouldn't want to find out how they would behave in heavy snow. They are quiet, provide excellent traction in rain/dry and they still look like new (tread depth is down 2/32 after 10K miles).
Old 07-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by mdbenge
They are quiet, provide excellent traction in rain/dry and they still look like new (tread depth is down 2/32 after 10K miles).
Yep. You will definatly get more tread life out of these tires (compared to OEM tires).
I like everything about these tires. One thing that I dont like (and its really minor to me). When I drive on highway above 70 MPH, I don't get the same confortable ride as I used to with stock tires. Its still acceptable to me, but I know some of you will complain about it But I drive mostly in the city, so this is definatly not a concern for me....