OEM 3rd gen TL wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:05 AM
yay! for SRS xtension

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM 3rd gen TL wheels...

these wheels look AMAZING on our cars and i found some on ebay - they are chromed and the seller talks a big game of quality.

but the price is so damn low its scary...guys tell me, are these trash?

MOD EDIT: NO EBAY LINKS... THANKS FOR PLAYING

much thanks..
Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM
yay! for SRS xtension

DAMN you mods got so touchy latley...
well if you cats want to check it out it is "17 inch acura oem" wheels on ebay...
$89.00 for the set of four...cheap....but he explains his companys plating process(copper then nickel then chrome) also they were impact tested load bearing tested or somthing. seems almost trustworthy (like i said it seems too cheap)...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Whats with the "No ebay link" edit? This isn't the Black Market.

He's not selling it here. He's discussing a product for his CL. If I search for 17 inch acura oem wheels on ebay, I get 17 results.

Bring back the link!

Oh, however... this does happen to be in the wrong forum though.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:43 AM
yay! for SRS xtension

maybe this belongs in "car talk" not too sure.. regardless im gonna get that dudes ebay name...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Actually, it belongs in Tires, Wheels, & Suspension.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Thread moved...

Jade, feel free to repost the ebay link.... As Chris mentioned, it's totally acceptable to post other people's auctions as a start of discussions... The NRG Engine Damper links are a perfect example of how an ebay link can be used to start a topic of discussion.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Thanks, John.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 AM
Racer

I've seen those one ebay i believe. The ones w/ the copper, nickel then chrome plating sound good, but i dont know jack about chroming. The ones from this seller has the rims w/ the bolt looking things around the edge of the rim.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Ch...QQcmdZViewItem
<-Link wasent working when i posted it, seems to be a prob w/ the store or something

Theres another seller as well(which is just triple plated, not dipped in 3 diff metals) without the bolts. I personally prefer this second sellers rims. Though i dont think the others look bad by any stretch. You also have to spend another 400 dollars.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Ac...95519910QQrdZ1
Old 03-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Mmmmm...sausage...

I purchased a set of those last summer. I was skeptical of the quality at first because of the price. I was relieved when I got them. They still look great. I looked at lots of aftermarket chromes that cost twice as much but didn't look as good. Heck, the new rubber cost me hundreds more than the wheels

Jabo
Old 03-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Gonna cost to catch up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not diggin the chrome TL wheels. But the OEM powdercoated look HOT on the CL.

Chromies for the Homies
Old 03-30-2007, 03:08 PM
CLS-6

Originally Posted by kyle77777
Im not diggin the chrome TL wheels. But the OEM powdercoated look HOT on the CL.

Chromies for the Homies

Word

They look like an $89 set,

I would like the OEM set as well
Old 03-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Mmmmm...sausage...

I guess chrome is an "old-school" thing. Just like common courtesy and manners.

I have been on this board for about 4 years now. What I have noticed is, the older and less expensive these cars get, the more rude and impersonal the new posters have become. Is it age or socio-economics? Who knows?

Have a little respect here, at least be personable and say, "Hey Jabo, those look like an $89 set"

I've had this car 5 years. I have put over 120K on it and the new has worn off. I think the chrome lit it back up pretty well.

Have a great weekend guys.

Jabo
Old 03-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Gonna cost to catch up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jabodacious

I have been on this board for about 4 years now. What I have noticed is, the older and less expensive these cars get, the more rude and impersonal the new posters have become. Is it age or socio-economics? Who knows?

Have a little respect here, at least be personable and say, "Hey Jabo, those look like an $89 set"

I've had this car 5 years. I have put over 120K on it and the new has worn off. I think the chrome lit it back up pretty well.

Jabo
If that was intended at me then im sorry if I offended you. Everyone has got there own style on what they like. Was just stating my opinion on the wheels. And I have to say iv noticed the last few years(?) people have been leaning away from chrome
Old 03-30-2007, 06:46 PM
CLS-6

Jabo
I was commenting to the original poster that the ebay rims he wants to purchase in chrome look like he is getting what he is paying for.

If you would like me to comment back and say, Hey JadeFox Jabo's rims, ya the look like an $89 dollor set, then should I tell you as well to be personable, Hey Jabo, Ya I think those look like an $89 dollar set

I have always hated chorme and especially if you are racing it(or at a raceway) yes my opinion and my comment directed to him was about THE rims. Not Jabo's car or Jabo's rims so no hard feelings

Age or socio-economics
Old 03-30-2007, 07:06 PM
yay! for SRS xtension

you guys go off sometimes - its just opinion

I got the feel of those rims from the OEM style - they look light and compliment the CL very well, i happened to see them chromed and it caught my eye.
Although they are a great price ($89 was just the shipping they were around 600 for all 4) the bolts on the lip arnt really my style but on your SMR they look to be quality and SO MUCH better looking than a lot of the wheels out there...
Old 03-30-2007, 07:16 PM
CLS-6

Originally Posted by JadeFox

I got the feel of those rims from the OEM style - they look light and compliment the CL very well, i happened to see them chromed and it caught my eye.
Although they are a great price ($89 was just the shipping they were around 600 for all 4) the bolts on the lip arnt really my style but on your SMR they look to be quality and SO MUCH better looking than a lot of the wheels out there...

($89 was just the shipping they were around 600 for all 4)

Ya I cought that too
Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm here in spirit...

I don't like them. OEM TL wheels look better. Probably even if they were chrome.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Mmmmm...sausage...

Originally Posted by JadeFox

You can get the TL OEMs (without the rivet lip) in chrome. The ones I saw cost twice as these much and are not factory chromed but a used wheel that has been chromed. Much more potential for plating problems. These wheels are made by O.E. Wheels who make OEM wheels for Acura and Honda. They are a high quality.

-----

JRezo & Kyle, both of you stated that you HATE chrome to begin with, so why would I be offended that you don't like mine? If you post a brocolli recipe thread, I'm not going to come in there and put recipes down. Because I HATE brocolli! That would be pretty juvenile and rude, now wouldn't it? I move on to things I'm interested in. If you can't understand this then it must not be age or socio-economics, but possibly intelligence that has changed here.

Jabo
Old 03-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Mmmmm...sausage...

P.S. Lord Helmet's post is a great example of how to respond. He states straight-up opinion without the on-line slams about homies rolling $89 wheels. Plus, he didn't disqualify his opinion by stating he hates all chrome to begin with.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:21 PM
CLS-6

You can get the TL OEMs (without the rivet lip) in chrome. The ones I saw cost twice as these much and are not factory chromed but a used wheel that has been chromed. Much more potential for plating problems. These wheels are made by O.E. Wheels who make OEM wheels for Acura and Honda. They are a high quality.

-----

JRezo & Kyle, both of you stated that you HATE chrome to begin with, so why would I be offended that you don't like mine? If you post a brocolli recipe thread, I'm not going to come in there and put recipes down. Because I HATE brocolli! That would be pretty juvenile and rude, now wouldn't it? I move on to things I'm interested in. If you can't understand this then it must not be age or socio-economics, but possibly intelligence that has changed here.

Jabo
Intelligence, right you are. Thread stated OEM 3rd gen TL wheels; yes we already stated that we like those rims, but not the chrome. Don’t be butt hurt that we don’t approve of the style you are sporting and as I already stated it was directed to his question "guys tell me are these trash??". We never brought you into it until you brought yourself in. We never mentioned Jabodacious, his car, or his wheels so no hard feelings.

And please don’t think you can try to insult this community by thinking that you are a social-philosopher, then again it’s ironic that you seek our approval so it is in fact age and socio-economics.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Mmmmm...sausage...

It's no thang dude, you have a right to your opinion here. I only pointed out the tactless way it was given. I see that you have used the same stereotypical one-liner in other chrome wheel threads, so no, I don't take it personally.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to install my new curb-feelers and put up an antenna to tie my racoon tail on.

Jabo
Old 04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
CLS-6

Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I personally do not care for the chrome TL wheels. The rivets and the chrome cheapen it for me. That's why I went with the stockies, plus they fit over the BBK with no spacers and fill the wheel well nicely.