Neuspeed or Cusco Front Strut Bar Effect Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neuspeed or Cusco Front Strut Bar Effect Question

Well I have shocks/springs/sways/intake/ and now headers will be installed on fri

and I am happy but more handling performance would be better. I was looking at the neuspeed front strut bar and the cusco front strut bar and I read many archived posts about both of these and some people say they have a great effect on the tightness and handling, and some say they dont what so ever.

The question is with my mods will I feel a significant difference with the addition of one of these. Is it worth putting on a cusco rear low bar, does it have more of an effect than a front strut bar? Will the cusco rear low bar fit with headers, I think I remember reading it does. Thanks guys as always.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the comptech strut bar for a few months and I felt a small (very small) differnce in tightness of the steering wheel around turns. My guess is because the comptech is a strut bar replacement of the original. then I sold the Comptech bar and re-installed the stock bar and then a month later i received the cusco front strut bar. I felt (again) a small increase in stiffness but slightly more than the Comptech bar. Prolly due to the fact that the Cusco bar is an add on bar instead of a replacement. If i were you I'd go w/ the cusco bar just because it looks nicer. As far as handling upgrade...very minor but if ur extremely sensitive on how ur cars feels...u should feel a light upgrade.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I thought the only rear lower strut tower tie bar was from Neuspeed, and I thought there was an issue with fitment.

I've had the Neuspeed upper front strut tower tie bar and chucked it -- it rubbed against the stock bar and made an annoying clunk noise when the suspension un-compressed. When I posted this I found that a few others have had the same problem.

I now have the Cusco upper and lower front strut tower tie bars. They (as the Neuspeed) add very little to handling. I think the steering response is a bit quicker, but it's so borderline of a change I question whether I am really feeling a difference. Other people have commented that Honda/Acura body construction is fairly stiff and these front bars add very little.

I actually took off the lower bar because of fear of bottoming out combined with the negligible effect.

The Cusco lower strut tower tie bar clears Comptech headers without problems. The Cusco upper strut tower tie bar can be installed without removing the stock strut tower tie bar.

I think the installation of these any of these (front) bars are more for looks, and possibly for completing an obsession to do 'everything' possible for the suspension. Functionally, they add very little.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
I have the Neuspeed bar, I feel little difference in steering (higher speeds, it is more noticeable), but it feels good that all suspension compenents are on; so all in all, everything helps in unison IMHO.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
///M POWER

mostly just for looks....unless i got one for free i dont think i would get one
Old 09-13-2004, 10:26 PM
cl-:P

i got a cusco, it looks good, I felt a slight difference. i think it was worth the 170 bucks.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
I have the neuspeed bar. If this is your only suspension mod you will feel a big difference. You will feel less of a difference with each suspension mod you do. Sways, springs, tires etc. However they all work together to make the car feel better overall. I had the same bar on 2 differenct CL's & never had any noises, rubbing or other problems. Talking 3+ years here.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:24 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i got cusco and it looks/feels good to me
Old 09-14-2004, 08:51 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the neuspeed bar used from a member of the board months ago. I finally got around to installing it a couple weeks ago as my first suspension mod. I can say that I didn't really notice a diffrence at first but since the install I have taken some pretty hard curves and noticed it helped out a lot. Yes it took some muscle to make it fit but I like how it sits right behind the stock bar and since its black with the stickers removed it looks like a stock peice. I haven't noticed any noises as mentioned by others.