Contiextreme or Avid V4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:59 PM
1-2-3-4-5-6-speeeeeed!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contiextreme or Avid V4S

Hey guys, looking into getting a set of all season tires for this winter. I would like to know if anyone has any likes and dislikes between these two tires. Especially snow reviews!!! Yes there is material in the search button, but I rather have more up to date reviews!!

Yokohama Avid V4S vs Continental Contiextreme Contact

Thanks in advancE !!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLASSYCLS
Hey guys, looking into getting a set of all season tires for this winter. I would like to know if anyone has any likes and dislikes between these two tires. Especially snow reviews!!! Yes there is material in the search button, but I rather have more up to date reviews!!

Yokohama Avid V4S vs Continental Contiextreme Contact

Thanks in advancE !!
Do not get the ContiExtreme's.
I had them for months and they would not balance. I had a terrible wheel hop with them also. I went to several different locations of the tire shop I bought them from to get them balanced and no one could. I even contacted the tire balancer equipment manufacturers to get their help. The tire shop I purchased them from even paid for me to have the local Acura dealership balance them on their Hunter Roadforce equipment. I wound up getting Continentals customer service manager involved who admitted to me that there are tires that just do not work on some cars. I even tried a different Continental tire and had problems with them also. Continental was great in issuing credits to the tire shop on my behalf.

I finally went with the Bridgestone Fuzion's and all my problems disappeared. I had several people say to me "put Japanese tires on Japanese cars and European tires on European cars". I believe it now.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:23 AM
1-2-3-4-5-6-speeeeeed!!!!

Originally Posted by TampaBayCLS
I had them for months and they would not balance. I had a terrible wheel hop with them also. I went to several different locations of the tire shop I bought them from to get them balanced and no one could. I even contacted the tire balancer equipment manufacturers to get their help. The tire shop I purchased them from even paid for me to have the local Acura dealership balance them on their Hunter Roadforce equipment. I wound up getting Continentals customer service manager involved who admitted to me that there are tires that just do not work on some cars. I even tried a different Continental tire and had problems with them also. Continental was great in issuing credits to the tire shop on my behalf.

I finally went with the Bridgestone Fuzion's and all my problems disappeared. I had several people say to me "put Japanese tires on Japanese cars and European tires on European cars". I believe it now.
Thanks man!!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Type S-man

Originally Posted by TampaBayCLS

wow. i did not know this. i have conti-extremes and was told by acura that my tires needed to be balanced, i then took my car to ntb to get them balanced and afterwards was told that my wheels were bent...how should i find out whether its my wheels or my tires? tia.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by skgarach
wow. i did not know this. i have conti-extremes and was told by acura that my tires needed to be balanced, i then took my car to ntb to get them balanced and afterwards was told that my wheels were bent...how should i find out whether its my wheels or my tires? tia.
Mine were so bad when the Acura dealership had the car on the lift about a foot or so off the ground they put the car in gear and it was clearly visible. Find a tire company that has the Roadforce equipment by Hunter. It was the best equipment I tried. Most shops do not have it because of what it costs. The tire manufacturers hate it for what it shows. You can go to Hunters website and find who has it in your area. This is something that really blew my mind: If you are familiar how tire balancing equipment works, they mount your wheel/tire assembly to the spindle with centering cones. The tire spins and the machine tells them where and how much weight to put on. They then spin it again to make sure it is correct. Here is where it got crazy. I asked them to loosen the outer centering cone and hold the spindle. I would then rotate the wheel 90 degrees and retighten the cone and spin it again. Guess what.. It was out of balance. No one at the three shops I did this at could explain it. I think one guy had about a pound of weights on the wheel at one time. It wasn't until I got Continental involved that they said to stop trying and put a different tire on it. I had those tires on about a year and finally gave up on them. I just received an email today from Continental that they issued a credit to the tire company I was using. Once I put the Bridgestone Fuzion on ALL the problems disappeared. I have 20K of 50/50 city/interstate and they still look new. I did a lot of research and reading reviews before I bought the ContiExtreme's. If you go to Tire Rack and dig deep in the reviews you will find similar problems.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Yokohama V4S' have worked well for me. I'm very happy with them. I'm using stock size on stock wheels.