Comptech Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech Springs

Alright, listen the first thing i did was a search so no need to jump on me yet i found a couple of things but nothing that was newer than 2004 that helped im looking into buying some comptech springs (yes i know they have pretty much closed their doors so please dont remind me) and basically want to know how you like them or should i just find something else also my goal is a small drop nothing to drastic i dont want to feel every bump in Austin and i dont mind spending a bit more for higher quality last thing is what else would i have to get besides the ct springs like what kind of shocks do you guys recommend and do i need a camber kit and what kind for this set up
Old 04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i'm not familiar with the CT springs, but Koni Yellows and Tokiko Blues are
Old 04-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177845
Old 04-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Instructor

thanks for trying to help greenmachine i already read that post it was the frist thing i did i belive only one or two people said much about they and they basically reiderated to me what was on the comptech website i just wanted to see if they are good springs and what they feel like on pretty ruff dirving and was hoping to get responses from more than just one person again thanks for the effort
Old 04-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Pro

Tanabe NF210's They are not an extreme drop but will get you down without suffer on the ride quality. Drop 1" Front .75" Back for mine. Handling, acceleration and braking all improved but ride quality stayed constant..possibly a tad better. No more nose dive under braking, no worry with going over speed bumps and best of all..no camber kit required. Might not be for everyone but if you want lowered without scraping on the ground everytime you drive or feeling every bump on the road they are a good alternative. Good luck on the choice.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:45 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,099 Posts
Originally Posted by cbusAcuracls
Tanabe NF210's They are not an extreme drop but will get you down without suffer on the ride quality. Drop 1" Front .75" Back for mine. Handling, acceleration and braking all improved but ride quality stayed constant..possibly a tad better. No more nose dive under braking, no worry with going over speed bumps and best of all..no camber kit required. Might not be for everyone but if you want lowered without scraping on the ground everytime you drive or feeling every bump on the road they are a good alternative. Good luck on the choice.
I've been thinking about the Tanabe NF210's or the Tein H-Tech myself. So it lowered .75" in the back? I keep seeing it only goes .5" in the back. Not that it's that big of a difference. Any pictures to see what the drop looks like on your ride?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are interested in the Comptech dont worry that they are closing, because they were just rebadged Eibach Sports anyway. The Eibach sports are too aggressive for me I don't want such a harsh ride.

IMO the H&R give you the best drop and ride for the money. Mine are slightly stiffer then stock with Tokico blue stuts.
See sig
Old 04-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Instructor

thanks spdy that really helps because pretty much what i am trying to achieve a 1-2in drop with at the min no lose in ride comfort
Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
uu
Burning Brakes

I have comptech springs with Tokico ajustables, I am not complaining, the ride is a bit on the stiff side since I set the Tokico to the middle (3, I think).

Be careful with the comptech springs, there are two generations. The 1st one had some rusty problem, search the forum you'd find a lot threads regarding it. I had some problem with it, Comptech replaced them for free (but I had to pay labor). But the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation is that the latter one has a lot less of rake look than the 1st generation.

Hope it helps.