Bubbles in two month old tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubbles in two month old tires

Hi,

Two months ago, I bought 4 brand new BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S from tirerack and had them install and balanced at a mechanic shop. After two months of not even heavy driving, my two front tires developed bubbles on the side of the tires. One of the tires, I have to be putting air every week.

I do live in NYC and there are potholes, but again, I have driven lightly. Tirerack told me warranty does not cover because they say its a road condition and it does not cover.

The tire mechanic (which his shop sells tires) told me not to buy from the internet companies cause they can sell you anything. He wanted $150 installed for each tire. I proceeded to call tirerack and they told me about the non warranty and told me that they could sell me the same tires for $60 per tire....so I chose to go with them...again.

Anyone care to comment about my situation.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:56 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by grodri02
Hi,

Two months ago, I bought 4 brand new BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S from tirerack and had them install and balanced at a mechanic shop. After two months of not even heavy driving, my two front tires developed bubbles on the side of the tires. One of the tires, I have to be putting air every week.

I do live in NYC and there are potholes, but again, I have driven lightly. Tirerack told me warranty does not cover because they say its a road condition and it does not cover.

The tire mechanic (which his shop sells tires) told me not to buy from the internet companies cause they can sell you anything. He wanted $150 installed for each tire. I proceeded to call tirerack and they told me about the non warranty and told me that they could sell me the same tires for $60 per tire....so I chose to go with them...again.

Anyone care to comment about my situation.
First off I have to say I have had a bad with BF Goodrich tires also I didn't have bubbles develop but several months after I purchased them they developed slow leaks. After about a year I took them back to where I purchased them and explained that these were the worst tires I ever had and they took them back and replaced another brandthem not because what I said but because they had many customers with the same problem.

Needless to say I will never buy BF Goodrich tires again and your story confirms that even more. I think that this is a manufacturer defect not a road hazard and Tirerack should replace them. Good luck