avoid cush acura escondido for tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down avoid cush acura escondido for tires

executive summary: cush acura escondido (ca) really screwed up but made good on fixing the problem.

i needed new tires for my '01 cl type s with stock wheels. the oem michelins are ridiculously expensive so with the help of people here i settled on yokohama avid v4s.

i was very worried because i have been ultra careful and haven't scratched the wheels in 4 years of ownership and didn't want them scratched. i had read plenty of horror stories of scratched wheels here. i thought that cush acura would have the expertise to install the tires succesfully. they advertised that they were a full-service tire dealer.

they aren't: they only sell oem tires. they couldn't (or wouldn't) sell me the yokohamas. undaunted, i bought them from tirerack.com and took them to the dealership for install. they charged me a premium price for install and balance ($140) which i was glad to pay because i was sure they would do a good job.

result: FOUR SCRATCHED WHEELS. it seems like it would be hard to screw up as badly as they did but they did. one wheel looked as if it had been dropped face down and had pit marks on all of the spokes. all four had similar scratches all the way around the outside edge.

they refunded $90 and offered to repair the wheels and although i was skeptical, i let them try. the wheels looked pretty good. the two wheels that had the most damage were painted silver but still looked pretty good. if i had damaged the wheels myself, the repair job would have been ok. but i did not.

so they got me four brand-new wheels. and they hooked me up with a better installer that could actually do a good job. (innovative wheels 760-535-3388).

they did finally "make it right" as they promised but i wasted a lot of time.

after this experience, do not even consider cush acura escondido for tire installation.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Bag O' Hammers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your painful experience, but you got a fresh set of wheels to go with the fresh set of tires, and that rocks! I don't live on the west coast, so using Cush Acura is unlikely, except....

...that they sell Comptech parts on ebay for great prices, and I have a set of sways and icebox coming from them on their way across the country as we speak!! I'm going to have my local Acura dealer install that stuff.