All-season performance tires that meet the CL's requirements?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 11:46 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSKid
j, its bout damn time!!! :P

As far as I've heard, the pilot sports are gonna be the way to go for all season performance. Also, don't buy from tirerack, they sell "junk" tires, or reprocessed shiat. It's not brand new, this is what I've always heard as to why they can offer lower pricing.

Call around. I got my tires from a place in silver spring, it's on brookville road, the # of the place is 301-585-2740.

Radial Tire Company, call and ask for Sam, and get a price from him.
They do GREAT work, and I always see some HOT cars when I stop in. Everybody I know has gotten tires there, all the VDUB guys, lex guys, benz/bmw's, etc. They do all makes here. I even saw a modena in there when i was getting mine put on. (The place looks ghetto as shiat though!
They do free rotations too, and also only charged $9/tire to mount/balance.

Post your impressions, cuz I have summer tires on right now, and I may need to switch to some all seasons if I don't end up driving my girls rover for the winter....
YOU HEARD WRONG ! I have been buying from Tirerack for 30 years. Get some FACTS, not hearsay.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Classless
Uncalled for
Characterless

Originally posted by Collective27
Old 10-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Racer

Rumors are amazing!!! They are almost as powerful as a mob scene. I have bought many sets of tires from Tirerack and never had a problem. I didn't know there are that many leftover tires that Tirerack can get their hands on! Come on, man, reputable car magazines such as Car and Driver regularly have projects together with Tirerack. Some people need to think logically before specualtion
Old 10-28-2002, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Jacob,

Just call up Radial Tire and speak with Sam or Paul, they will point you in the right direction.

You could fit 235s on.. its only 10mm more... but I don't know how much of a performance benefit you will get because the footprint wont be right...

Remember, our team can get some good pricing at Radial Tire... so if you need something lemme know (I told you this before too).

Why didn't you want the Toyo Proxes T1Ss again Jrock? I forgot... was it price?
Old 10-28-2002, 06:13 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, price. I would have gone through you and got hooked up on the Toyos. I love them like everyone else, I just don't have deep enough pockets to spend that kind of money on my car, especially when it's just my daily driver. If I was building it to perform I'd feel better about spending $700+ on tires/mount/balance.

I just ordered the Falken Zeix 512s or whatever they are called from discounttiredirect.com for $408 shipped. Hopefully they'll work out all right. Got 'em in 225/45. Revs are about 15rpm higher than the stocks (818rpm is the stock tires) but that is minimal and at least they meet the rim width and car weight requirements of the CLS unlike some of the other all-season tires out there.

Thanks for your offer to help a brother out though.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:12 PM
Ain't No Other...

give us your review after you get them installed, because I already got two Falken Ziex 512's for the front in 225/40/18, and they are pretty damn quiet, but havent pushed them hard, as I don't want to wear them out, since I have a bad camber problem...I will get the rears once I get my rear camber kit installed and an alignment...
Old 10-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If someone wants to trash Tire Rack or some other vendor, lets hear specific accounts of problems or ripoffs. Don't hide behind "a friend told me", "I heard" or " its well known". I've purchased 10 sets of tires for 8 cars over the past 12 years from Tire Rack and have never had a problem. Each set of tires was brand new and was a current product. I will keep buying from them until I find the same tires at a better price.