P2R TB Spacer Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:45 PM
6speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2R TB Spacer Install

I just got my P2R tb Spacers and IMG from excelerate yesterday and tried to install them today. The IMG installed fine but man I feel like an idiot after trying to install teh tb spacers haha . So I disconnected the stock air box tubing and all that and took off the 2 12mm bolts on the bottom half of my throttle body. Then I took off the 2 wingnut kinda looking things off the top of the tb. I then sat there for a good 10 minutes looking stupid becuase I couldnt figure out how to take the tb off. It looked like there was 2 reverse screws on the top. There was a bolt looking thing coming out of both sides of the tb with threads on it. I thought that that had to be unscrewed somehow. After a while I said screw it and put everything back on to go to schucks and buy a torx security bit so i can replace my headlights with the 8500K burners i just got with the tb spacers (probably could have just used a small screwdriver but i like using the right stuff) I asked the guy if he knew how to take off the bolt thing and he said no. So i went to my acura dealership and bought 3 of those stupid plastic fasteners that I always break. While i was there I asked him about the bolts. turns out they were just posts and the tb should have just slid off. i felt retarded after that haha. Are the throttle bodies on the 01 02 different then the one on the 03? I thought i was supposed to replace 4 bolts and not 2. oh well you live and learn. still feel retarded though. i was just wondering if anyone else did this or if im the only one