This is my first thread in Acura Zine :p

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:11 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first thread in Acura Zine :p

It is nice to find a place like Acura Zine, Im writing this if I can get any advice or help with my car from you guys
Long story short, i got some problems going on here and there with my CL-s 03(auto) about 120k.
Lets me start with the headlights. Since i got my car, both headlights had moisture inside the headlight. I didnt think of the moisture that bad cuz I was thinking of getting a new sets, but I later found out it is damn hard to get the OEM or used headlight for this car. Okay, my first question is, is it hard to get rid of moisture from the headlight? If there's a method, please help me out. Or, if there is a place selling the headlight, let me know!!!
The second problem is the recline of both passenger and driver side are not working. I can move the seat forward and backward, but no recline. Whenever I try to recline the seat, I hear the motor being stuk by something. For the passenger side seat, the heated-seat does not work too, the lights on, but the seat does not get heated up.
The third problem is the sound coming from the car. I have no idea where the sound coming from, but when I move the car forward, some part of the car makes a squeaking sound. I assume it comes from the front passenger side suspension... not sure.

Well.... these are the main problems Im facing at the moment. If you have any answers for these problems, I'm willing to be a good student. (will listen to what you say)

Alright, thanx for your time. ^^ have a nice day ppl.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 AM
'01 Acura CL Type-S

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well welcome to the forum i'm not sure about the first two problems but I had a squeaking noise in my front end and it turned out to be my ball joints and sway bar and that ran me about $500
Old 02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
For the headlights, there is a simple thing you can do and a much more complicated.

Simple: remove the HID bulbget one of those silica gel packets you find in clothing tie a string to it, and stick it inside the headlight (the string will allow you to get it out easier when you're done. Seal the opening with tape and let it sit for a day or so in a dry location (in the sund preferably). This should remove the moisture. Remove the packet and reinstall the bulb.

Now after you've driven around for a while it still has moisture you'll need to re-seal the headlight. Do a search for the how to .

Heated seat not working. Search the DIY. Typically it's a broken wire in the heating coil pad that is in the seat. Hope you know how to solder.

Seat recline: I would remove the seat, flip it over and look at the motor and gears to make sure nothing it jammed.

Squeaking could be any number of suspension issues. Check the front sway bar bushing and end links. Same with the rear.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
9th Gear

Thanx everyone!!

you guys are great help for me
Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Instructor

My brother's got a cl and we heard the weirdest squeaking noise coming from what we thought was the dash. It was so hard to pinpoint. Turned out to be the moonroof there's a tsb on it I think. Just a maybe.