Hoping someone can help with parts for my CL

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Hoping someone can help with parts for my CL

Hey I need to find a timing belt, drive belts, water pump, and tensioner for my 03 Acura CL. I was gonna order through the Acura dealer but they want $460 for all the parts. I'm thinking if I do a little digging I can probably find them cheaper. Anyone on the boards have any ideas?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
ebay, and you might as well do a pulley while your in there doing all of that.
timing kit with water pump is 225, then 30 for underdrive pulley and another 20 for shorter drive belts.....grand total $275...gl
Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by AARONSredTYPE-S
ebay, and you might as well do a pulley while your in there doing all of that.
timing kit with water pump is 225, then 30 for underdrive pulley and another 20 for shorter drive belts.....grand total $275...gl
Ok I found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...Q5fAccessories

Is it really necessary to replace the underdrive pulley? Or are you basically saying I might as well get a smaller one so I have more power? Doesn't that slow down the efficiency of the other stuff that runs off that underdrive pulley? I'm don't want the car to be faster at the expense of other stuff not running to full strength. Maybe I'm way off base though
Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 557 Likes on 447 Posts
Ahhh, I remember a post in which a new dealership offered AZine a really great price on a DIY timing belt kit. It was like $200 something. It was so popular, he made it the regular price for us.

Search for that thread, and call the dealership.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 557 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by cuseC08
Ok I found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...Q5fAccessories

Is it really necessary to replace the underdrive pulley? Or are you basically saying I might as well get a smaller one so I have more power? Doesn't that slow down the efficiency of the other stuff that runs off that underdrive pulley? I'm don't want the car to be faster at the expense of other stuff not running to full strength. Maybe I'm way off base though
The car will still run fine with an under drive pulley, unless you have a powerful audio system. Personally, I would just get a light weight pulley (stock size), because I need my A/C at full power here in AZ. Or, you could just keep the stock pulley.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Karanx7
The car will still run fine with an under drive pulley, unless you have a powerful audio system. Personally, I would just get a light weight pulley (stock size), because I need my A/C at full power here in AZ. Or, you could just keep the stock pulley.

I'll have a look but I'm kinda not in the best financial situation right now. So an extra 40 bucks for a new light weight pulley is pure luxury for me. I'm in Orlando FL. It's very hot down here as well. Def need full A/C here lol. Do you really notice a difference with a light weight pulley? I wouldn't think it'd make a big difference
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

well, i havent done the pulley, but thet did the timing belt before i bought the car.
you def dont have to at all, and i have never heard of anyone losing a/c power, but if so, dont do it. I live in bradenton, and its hotter the hell here...lol...the power difference is noticeable with the pulley though...gl
Old 06-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by AARONSredTYPE-S
well, i havent done the pulley, but thet did the timing belt before i bought the car.
you def dont have to at all, and i have never heard of anyone losing a/c power, but if so, dont do it. I live in bradenton, and its hotter the hell here...lol...the power difference is noticeable with the pulley though...gl
I actually used to have an 01 Prelude back in the day and put a full OBX pulley set on. With that car I noticed nothing. Probably different with the CL.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah, like headers on other cars, hardly any difference, and with ours about 30hp, same with the pulley, its about 10hp compared to 1-3 on other cars..gl