AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-problems-fixes-70/)
-   -   Hard restart when warmed up, possibly flooded (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-problems-fixes-70/hard-restart-when-warmed-up-possibly-flooded-977706/)

6568 03-05-2019 03:43 PM

Hard restart when warmed up, possibly flooded

I have a 2003 Acura CL, the car starts up fine when cold. After driving a while and making multiple stops, it is hard to restart , it appears to be flooded and I have to press gas pedal to floor to start. The car runs rough for a few seconds and then clears up and runs fine. If the car sits for more than a half hour it will start up fine. I have replaced the throttle body, temp. sensor, plugs, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, o2 sensors, charcoal filter and purge valve , main relay, and still have the same restarting problem when the car is warmed up. Don't know what else to do at this point. Hope someone has a suggestion that can help me along, Thanks

horseshoez 03-05-2019 03:53 PM

This sounds like the old J-Series Vapor Lock issue; I thought it had been corrected by the 2003 model year, but maybe not. Does it happen less in the winter time versus the summer time?

Skant 03-05-2019 04:08 PM

What is hot temp to you ??

Your Throttle body takes control and computer's on this vehicle mass air iacv and egr and on fuel injection no need to press fuel on start. The brain then controls cyl#1 by advanced pressure , air and re introduction to exhaust. Re train your ecu as well look into a elm327 this is a adaptor that plugs into obd2 and will show you main brain sensors and 18 to 27 features at once. Your car shouldn't run above 200 deg maybe a few over before both fans cool back to 180 deg Or mid temp on that car. Is any check codes on And or any srs lights if so please include
The plug to read and view are hardware and software under 20$ or at. So your computer all have a process clearing old info helps huge on this year and make also the pin reset on srs system. Then train ecu will re learn at 100miles ish. Warm oil car will act differently but should never stall Rpm is 750 warm And will adjust it self for temp Pressure. and intake exhaust. Honestly for under 20 $ that obd2 reader named elm327 will help every vehicle you care to work on.

horseshoez 03-05-2019 04:30 PM

@Skant, why go to all that trouble when there was a known issue with J-Series engines from that era? Long story short, check the easy/obvious stuff first.

Skant 03-05-2019 04:42 PM

Honestly no idea why

But sometimes it's what you have to make work for that time in your life. And nothing like knowing your machine. Accountability would of been nice but a few s/n got a few remanufactured parts. Was a sexy looking car to me.

horseshoez 03-05-2019 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Skant (Post 16393321)
But sometimes it's what you have to make work for that time in your life. And nothing like knowing your machine. Accountability would of been nice but a few s/n got a few remanufactured parts. Was a sexy looking car to me.

Say what?

zeta 03-05-2019 08:05 PM

^
:rofl:
:dunno:

horseshoez 03-05-2019 11:11 PM

Hmmm, my broken leg is hurting enough to have woken me in the middle of the night; maybe I need some of the drugs @Skant is on. :tongue:

Iggy 03-06-2019 09:37 PM

Lol