01' Cl type s transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015 | 12:17 AM
1st Gear

01' Cl type s transmission

my car does not like to go into 2nd gear and this is the only gear it has a problem with. I've been told my transmission fluid is dirty but also been told to never get a tranny flush and who knows if that would fix the problem. do I really need a new one? I use to be able to just put it in neutral and back into drive and it would be fine but it's starting to not accept that. Any tips/suggestions?
Old 03-03-2015 | 04:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by stypecl01
my car does not like to go into 2nd gear and this is the only gear it has a problem with. I've been told my transmission fluid is dirty but also been told to never get a tranny flush and who knows if that would fix the problem. do I really need a new one? I use to be able to just put it in neutral and back into drive and it would be fine but it's starting to not accept that. Any tips/suggestions?
Whoever told you to never get a transmission flush needs to shoot himself in his reproductive bits.

It sounds like your transmission is boned. If you weren't already aware, the automatic transmissions in our cars are incredibly, extremely unreliable and are generally going to fail abnormally soon. I wrote up a post a while back looking into the issue, and I feel it pretty well describes what's wrong with the transmissions in our cars. You can view it here: https://acurazine.com/forums/second-.../#post14678775 <<<<Link

Many members on this forum will tell you that you should flush your automatic transmission fluid a lot more often than most other cars. Look around on the forum for advice on how often.

You should try a transmission flush. I've read from other members that it can help temporarily when transmission issues occur. I would also take the car to a transmission shop or a Honda/Acura dealership and have the transmission looked at.
Old 03-05-2015 | 08:11 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Transmission flush and transmission fluid change are different. A flush can push debris into places causing more issues. A flush actually pushes/drains all the fluid out of the Trans which is good technically but because it's forcing it out to an extent it can and often does created things liked clogged orfices and gummed up solenoids because when u flush it there is always clutch material in the Trans and then is collects in certain areas which is why some ppl have horror stories after a flush.

A drain and fill however is never ever a bad idea. You can do it 3 times and requires very close to 9 quarts of fluid.

First make sure ur fluid is good then u can see what's up.

I am on transmission 4 so unfortunately I have experience with how they fail. The first two it was 2-3 that was slipping hard and u had to let off the gas completely for it to get into 3rd. The last Trans that just went it was 1-2 that was significantly bad. It would look for 2 nd gear and then hit into gear hard... It was the clutches. There is usually no one answer for any symptom all the time. There are just typical symptoms and and fixes.

I cannot say with certainty that it is the clutches but if I were to guess it probably is . What is ur mileage? Have u had a Trans replaced? If so at what mileage. I'd honestly get prepared for the worst news. These cars tend to give nasty news for the transmission
Old 03-12-2015 | 03:00 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by stypecl01
03-07 Honda accord V6 3.0 transmission fits and works great never had and issue since,my 3rd gear was done so I had to jump the gear and go in 4th from 2sec, swap just swap it out don't rebuild with the same transmission or buy the same one,it just going to act u down the road have to get the Honda accord transmission
Old 03-12-2015 | 03:04 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Jr_saber
03-07 Honda accord V6 3.0 transmission fits and works great never had and issue since,my 3rd gear was done so I had to jump the gear and go in 4th from 2sec, swap just swap it out don't rebuild with the same transmission or buy the same one,it just going to act u down the road have to get the Honda accord transmission
The port hole are to small and Honda made it this way,its in the recall,theirs no way to fit with this transmission,junk it and get the Honda accord ,bolt right up and all plugs fit.. Can't go wrong or do ur home work
Old 03-13-2015 | 05:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Do what progression said. It might cure your transmission for a bit. At least until you get your hands on a replacement.