teaser pics...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
RIP Dodge Shadow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by underst8
I like it a lot, pretty cool looking. I would take out the black section completely and mold in a CF diffuser panel
accuratein has one on his TL...not too cheap
Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Caffenine Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that has to be the ugliest exhaust ive seen on a cl ever.. on the other hand you beat me to the blacking out on the rear. Im going to pick up a rear bumper here soon to fix mine and do the same thing.

What kind of paint did you use? What kind of prep did you do before you painted it.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Originally Posted by teinCL
accuratein has one on his TL...not too cheap
Sorry i didn't answer your call son, ...we were trying to get the camera rig to work for the movement shot of the TL.

But i see you've done work and it looks better than i had imagined. In fact that shit looks hot!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by brianlin87
are you serious? how does naming other cars of different models and makes prove anything? the honda legend is NOT the acura CL; the is300 is NOT an acura CL.

there's HUNDREDS of cars out there that have dual exhausts that are head and shoulders faster than an IS300/WRX/Evo/AP2/Skyline.

your 'rebuttal' in any way, shape or form, is completely bunk. if you know nothing about the CL, especially having driven a TL this entire time, I think you should stick to what you know, rather than attempting to convey knowledge that is completely false.
Brace yoself fool! I havent conveyed any false information. The statements I made are completely true. I am simply sharing information with you guys, most of which everyone already knows. But I must say, pay special attention to that Acura RL/Honda Legend prepped by Spoon Sports...basically the same J-series motor as the CL. Surely the Spoon engineers wouldn't throw on a single outlet exhaust for shits and giggles, now would they?! Maybe i'll throw some pictures in here so you can get a little closer to grasping the concept...
Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Racer

yeah i like it. duals would look a lot better. it gives it a lil more jap look.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
666 Speed

I like it more than I thought I would.
I'm partial on the exhaust though... Dont know if I like it.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Not a doctor

i'm not a fan of the muffler itself. it's too big for my taste, but the painted bumper does make it look better.
and since you have a CL-pee so you might actually see some performance gains from the exhaust
Old 01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Brace yoself fool! I havent conveyed any false information. The statements I made are completely true. I am simply sharing information with you guys, most of which everyone already knows.
Get of Spoon's jock and realize that their car is a track car. This CL is no where NEAR that.

But I must say, pay special attention to that Acura RL/Honda Legend prepped by Spoon Sports...basically the same J-series motor as the CL. Surely the Spoon engineers wouldn't throw on a single outlet exhaust for shits and giggles, now would they?!
If the OP had done to his CL what Spoon had done to their RL, I wouldn't say anything. Fact of the matter is, this CL is a stock car compared to the RL.

Maybe i'll throw some pictures in here so you can get a little closer to grasping the concept..
WHAT concept? The concept that the CL is not the RL? The concept that Spoon ONLY uses single outlet mufflers on ALL their cars?

Find me ONE Spoon car that uses a dual exhaust. It's Spoon's trademark to use a single muffler along with the blue/yellow paint scheme. If the OP wanted to make his car similar to the Spoon RL why didn't he buy the Spoon Muffler? Why opt for the Apex'I N1 universal?

I don't understand why you didn't bring up Mugen/Amuse in your argument? Amuse has made an exhaust made for the RL:

o look at that, it's dual. Surely the Amuse Engineers wouldn't throw on a single outlet exhaust for shits and giggles, now would they?!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:38 PM
RIP Dodge Shadow

Get of Spoon's jock and realize that their car is a track car. This CL is no where NEAR that.

If the OP had done to his CL what Spoon had done to their RL, I wouldn't say anything. Fact of the matter is, this CL is a stock car compared to the RL.

WHAT concept? The concept that the CL is not the RL? The concept that Spoon ONLY uses single outlet mufflers on ALL their cars?

Find me ONE Spoon car that uses a dual exhaust. It's Spoon's trademark to use a single muffler along with the blue/yellow paint scheme. If the OP wanted to make his car similar to the Spoon RL why didn't he buy the Spoon Muffler? Why opt for the Apex'I N1 universal?

I don't understand why you didn't bring up Mugen/Amuse in your argument? Amuse has made an exhaust made for the RL:

o look at that, it's dual. Surely the Amuse Engineers wouldn't throw on a single outlet exhaust for shits and giggles, now would they?!
quite frankly if u wanna continue ur arguement over this, then PM him instead of filling this thread up with ur bickering...
Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
RIP Dodge Shadow

Originally Posted by Tweek
that has to be the ugliest exhaust ive seen on a cl ever.. on the other hand you beat me to the blacking out on the rear. Im going to pick up a rear bumper here soon to fix mine and do the same thing.

What kind of paint did you use? What kind of prep did you do before you painted it.
i like my exhaust b/c its original...i didnt want to be like everyone else and throw on a chrome one. anyways, as far as the bumper goes...i did a wet sand with 320 grit paper, used painters tape to mark off my lines, used a PLASTIC spray paint primer and satin black PLASTIC spray paint for the top coat, let it dry for 3-4 hours and untaped it then slapped the ass back on the CL
Old 01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
RIP Dodge Shadow

by the way...i appreciate all the comments/distastes for the CL so keep em coming...both drive me to do more and more, so thank u
Old 01-08-2008, 06:35 PM
hmm...

Actually looks pretty decent. Is definately wierd seeing a single on a second gen, but do your thing. Now let's hear that sound clip =)
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
i like it.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks better painted than it did before, but i think a HKS carbon or apex'i would have looked better than that gold can.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Racer

I have to say it looks better than i thought it would, i thought it would stick out like a sore thumb. Take some more pics from a lil further away when you get a chance, would prob almost not even show.

I want the sound clip too, i'm curious.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like it... Especially after the lower section of the rear bumper was painted black.

It's original...
Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Instructor

sound clip please
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
I think you have a very nice thing going there. If I were you, I would just completely black out the tail lights. I have always wanted a gold CL, most people would think it was an older person car, while I think when modded nicely (like yours), its one of the better colors out there. Great looking car.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
tehLEGOman

Single Outlet Systems 1101.

These are all vehicles that came from the factory with the split y design exhaust system. Notice how on each one of them there is only one outlet after having been engineered by each prospective race team.

Figure 1A:

Figure 1B:

Figure 1C:

Figure 1D:

Figure 1E:

The single outlet design is a trend that is seen time and time again in the motorsports domain. Many teams from across the nation have gone with this design concept, and will continue to do so.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:22 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
These are all vehicles that came from the factory with the split y design exhaust system. Notice how on each one of them there is only one outlet after having been engineered by each prospective race team.

The single outlet design is a trend that is seen time and time again in the motorsports domain. Many teams from across the nation have gone with this design concept, and will continue to do so.
realize that their car is a track car. This CL is no where NEAR that.
i think you missed this.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
tehLEGOman

Scott i'm gonna take some pics of your car tomorrow when i'm in Raleigh. Also wondering if you would like to roll around on my te37s for a little while, i'm about to buy BK's ce28s here in the next week or so.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Seton Hall Pirate

i like your car alot but def not feeling the single muffler at ALL. also i dont understand why you would paint your lower bumper...id say keep it clean how it is. my mod suggestions would be 03' tails and debadge the rear, would def provide a clean and fresh look!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Smoke The Tails You Have Man. Your Car Looks Good. Single Isnt That Bad Especially With The Mod, But I Would Agree About A Black Or Carbon Muffler As Well..gl
Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Instructor

SOUNDCLIP!!!!!! please?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 AM
RIP Dodge Shadow

Originally Posted by calvinnguy3n
SOUNDCLIP!!!!!! please?
lol...i know man my bad. its been cold as fuck here lately and ive been lazy. this weekend i promise. my buddy will be in town so better sound clips can be taken now. ill post it up this weekend.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 AM
RIP Dodge Shadow

i really want some '03 tails too...i think u guys are right, it would really clean up the ass end a lil more
Old 01-25-2008, 05:12 AM
RIP Dodge Shadow

Originally Posted by notorious7182002
i like your car alot but def not feeling the single muffler at ALL. also i dont understand why you would paint your lower bumper...id say keep it clean how it is. my mod suggestions would be 03' tails and debadge the rear, would def provide a clean and fresh look!
i did the lower bumper to make my car more unique. it looks better in person than in the pics i do believe. but thank u for the comments and suggestions. ur CL is one of my favs on here...did i read ur lookin at gettin new wheels? what do u have in mind?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:14 AM
RIP Dodge Shadow

Scott i'm gonna take some pics of your car tomorrow when i'm in Raleigh. Also wondering if you would like to roll around on my te37s for a little while, i'm about to buy BK's ce28s here in the next week or so.
u fucker...u gettin the wheels that ive wanted since the beginnin...i hate u now. haha. those ce28's are gonna be hot. and yeah i think the te-37's might be worthy of rollin on the CL for a minute. haha! holla at me when u get in town tomorrow
Old 01-25-2008, 02:36 PM
tehLEGOman

u fucker...u gettin the wheels that ive wanted since the beginnin...i hate u now. haha. those ce28's are gonna be hot. and yeah i think the te-37's might be worthy of rollin on the CL for a minute. haha! holla at me when u get in town tomorrow
Well what's really going to happen is once i get them, i'll mount them on your car, and then you'll croak. Once its all said and done, you will have some ce28s. $1600 with tires!
Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Any body shop could also bondo & fiberglass the hole & make it smooth & repaint the bumper. It would look like it wasn't there.
I would do this if it was my car.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Seton Hall Pirate

i did the lower bumper to make my car more unique. it looks better in person than in the pics i do believe. but thank u for the comments and suggestions. ur CL is one of my favs on here...did i read ur lookin at gettin new wheels? what do u have in mind?
thanks for that compliment, likewise. i plan on getting either 19 or mayybe 20 inch CHROME Neeper Moxys. They have a big lip (for a cl) and it is a 5-spoke design. They look alot like the foose speedsters except with a much deeper lip. http://www.streetdreams.org/nocache/...oxy_chrome.jpg

Leme know what u think
Old 01-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Seton Hall Pirate

btw and those blacked out headlights with the tan exterior is just FRESH. also like how u did the grill i was thinking of doing that myself....kinda off topic but..lol
Old 01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Instructor

Bump for creativity.....but the dual is sweet, gotta take advantage of the fast that we can do that. Not ruin it!!! :-)
Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
RIP Dodge Shadow

sorry it took so long...sound clip 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tf5V9y2ZWc

i cant get the second clip to work yet, but actually if u click on "view the rest of my videos" then it works for some reason...if i can get a link to work, though, ill post. lemme know what u guys think
Old 01-28-2008, 08:02 PM
tehLEGOman

sorry it took so long...sound clip 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tf5V9y2ZWc

i cant get the second clip to work yet, but actually if u click on "view the rest of my videos" then it works for some reason...if i can get a link to work, though, ill post. lemme know what u guys think
Good work, i knew you had the potential. Learning how to post clips is hard sometimes.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Advanced

wow much props im liking it. it flows with the rest of your car. clean cl-p to me.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 PM
RIP Dodge Shadow

updated pics...

recently had the mudguards paint matched, did the 03 inserts up front, and also cut the rear section out of the inserts and matched the honeycomb grille in those to my grille up front at the hood. also had stainless steel lines and hawk hps pads put on - wow, what a night and day difference over stock. i highly recommend to those who dont have the budget for a BBK ...i love em!!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
told you the painted guards would look better!
-your rears should never scrape, its only the fronts you have to worry about. the only thing mine would scrape on was the occasional freakishly tall speedbump. i found that if you just angle over them on your approach, and let the car drop off the other side REALLY SLOW (so the suspension doesnt compress really hard) then you wont scrape at all or if you do it will be minimal.

awesome looking neighboorhood man. i cant wait to move out there in may!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Nice ride..
Old 03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
RIP Dodge Shadow

Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
told you the painted guards would look better!
-your rears should never scrape, its only the fronts you have to worry about. the only thing mine would scrape on was the occasional freakishly tall speedbump. i found that if you just angle over them on your approach, and let the car drop off the other side REALLY SLOW (so the suspension doesnt compress really hard) then you wont scrape at all or if you do it will be minimal.

awesome looking neighboorhood man. i cant wait to move out there in may!
so far so good...whatch u think about the 03 inserts...and did u notice the chrome corner lights? haha

Quick Reply: teaser pics...