newbie...soon to be cl-s owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002 | 01:03 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

newbie...soon to be cl-s owner

hi everyone, this is my first post of this website...but i've been looking around for about 2 weeks. i'm coming from a 1999 Prelude, which by the way i sold to car max because i did the stupid thing of test driving a 02' cl-s /w navi and feel i love a week later the prelude was gone. i'll see if i can attach a few pics of it. anyway, i have a few question to ask before i get mine. color i already know...silver, of course. but i can't decide if i want it /w or w/o the navi. i wanna keep the clean look inside, but i know i will want to install a dvd and tuner eventually...probably in the center console somewhere my questions are:

- can i connect a dvd and tuner to the navi monitor?

- how much more horsepower and performance does the comptech package produce(headers, exhaust, intake, springs,... etc)?

- is there a way that to still be able to control aftermarket system through the steering wheel volume/channel controls?

- will 19' wheels with 40 series tires fit w/o making any mods?

- when is the best time of the year to go for i can get the best price? i'm thinking around october/november when they have to make room for the new models...and maybe they have a brand new last years model.

sorry this post is so long...but i've been contemplating getting a cl-s for some time now and i wanna know my options before going to the dealership. thanx in advance
Old 02-02-2002 | 01:40 PM
Banned

answers to ur questions??

whats up,
welp to answer your questions very quickly

--yes u can connect a dvd player or tv tuner to the navigation monitor.talk to a guy on here named rmstoico from street fx.they sell a coonection for that.

-if u install the headers,intake ,and exhaust you will pull an easy extra 35 hp out of your car.

yes you can control an aftermarket stereo through the steering wheel with a connection they sell.some stereos may not work witht hat but again,ask street fx guys.

-yes 19" wheels will fit the cl-s without any modifications but when lowering dont go to low.do eibachs or comptechs.

-and last,i have no idea when the best time to buy a car is but hey,search around the internet or local dealers and see what you can dig up.all u have to do is wheel and deal them.good luck and hoped i help!!!!-----seeya--onedayzpay78@aol.com---joe
Old 02-02-2002 | 02:07 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

thanks for answering all of my questions...it's helping alot. wow...35 more horses...i have to get that then!!. that will bring it to about 295hp i'm also thinking about getting the manual too, but driving a manual now and my prelude was a manual...i get tired of it sometime. will the sequential-shift satisfy that craving for driving a manual? i guess that's directed at the people who drove a manual before getting the cl-s
Old 02-04-2002 | 04:31 PM
What can I get ya?

The best time to buy was a couple of months ago when all of the 2002 models were coming out. You still might be able to get a good deal on some leftover models if you can find some. Right now interest rates are erally low also, so that will keep your payments low. Good luck
Old 02-06-2002 | 07:58 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

i was thinking around the same thing...a few months ago probably would've been the perfect time. hey moforose3.0
i see you have a R6. i'm waiting on my 02 R1 that should be coming in the next month or so. if you ever come down to MD to ride...maybe we can meet up a ride a bit.
Old 02-06-2002 | 08:08 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

i was thinking around the same thing...a few months ago probably would've been the perfect time. hey moforose3.0
i see you have a R6. i'm waiting on my 02 R1 that should be coming in the next month or so. if you ever come down to MD to ride...maybe we can meet up a ride a bit.