My Build Thread - bordering on more BS! 56K Beware

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,141 Likes on 4,808 Posts
My Build Thread - bordering on more BS! 56K Beware

Well, as most of you know my previous build thread is currently sitting at 30 pages, with maybe 3.5 pages of actual info. So, I decided to start this one. Im going to copy and past all of the updates and good info into this thread. Its going to take me a while to go through all 30 pages and pull out the good stuff. Please keep off-topic comments to a minimum. Id like to keep this thread clean and on topic so others can use it as a reference and we can get questions answered quickly. Thanks

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Since most of my upgrades are scattered around this site, I thought it would be a good idea to get an actual build thread going so I can stop taking other threads offtopic So here goes.

I bought my 03 CL-S6 on August 8, 2008 from the original owner. It had 56,6xx miles on it.

8-23-08
This was two weeks and nearly 3k miles later.

My first mod was the shift knob.

8-23-08
After that I installed the CT Icebox and removed the clutch dampening device and installed a stainless steel line along with Corsport aluminum shifter bushings. I also ordered a P2R throttle body spacer and thermo gaskets.

9-24-08
Then I installed a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT and my JL 13TW5 sub, Alpine PDX 1.600 and Uncald4s custom enclosure.

11-16-08
Finally got around to installing my XS headers. That was a fun install But definately worth it.

11-27-08
I then picked up a Comptech rear sway bar and poly-urethane bushings.

12-2-08
I ordered two NRG torque dampeners, one front and rear.

12-21-08
Scored a Neuspeed front strut tower bar off eBay for practically nothing.

12-23-08
I ordered tail light tint and attempted to install it. It didnt go well. Its sitting a landfill somewhere by now.

1-2-09
After trying to make up my mind between the Neuspeed short shifter and the P-Spec short shifter, I went with the P-Spec and I couldnt be happier. I also picked up an S2000 titanium shift knob for it.

1-5-09
Ordered blue LEDs for the dash. Sorry for the horrible pictures.

1-28-09
Bought a now discontinued RonJon grille from a member on here. I rocked that for a few weeks, but couldnt get used to it, so I took it off.

1-29-09
Finally did a de-badge. I left the Type S emblem though.

2-20-09
Got sick of the blue dash lighting. It just wasnt matching what I was going for with the car, so I bought red LEDs.

2-22-09
Got around to installing my K-Sports. I fell in love with the car all over again after these went in.

3-12-09
Got tires mounted on my RJ Legends and also had the tint done.

3-16-09
Ordered the Ingalls rear camber kit. That was a bitch to install. Two of the bolts had to be cut off because they were rusted to the bushing sleeve. Fun times.

4-8-09
Ordered 80A poly-urethane to fill my engine mounts with. That alone made wheel-hop almost non-existant.

4-14-09
Brake time! I went small, and just upgraded to Racing Brake slotted rotors in the front and Hawk pads all around.

4-15-09
Made the best purchase for this car, a Helms manual. If you dont have one, get one.

5-29-09
Bought all the parts that I thought were needed to do my first projector retro-fit. I had a spare set of headlights that I attempted to do it on, and it didnt end well. So the retro-fit idea was shelved for a few months.

6-2-09
I finally got alittle serious (and some would say careless with my money) and decided to upgrade the intake. I purchased the 09 TL 3.7 intake manifold and top cover from Honda, and the throttle body adapter from P2R along with a ported throttle body.

6-6-09
Met up with a member in NY to buy a set of CT axlebacks from a TL that I would later use to trade with a member in Chicago that had CL axlebacks on a TL. I love the sound and the way they look. It took me a few months to get around to installing them

6-14-09
I had a slight impulse buy. I saw a set of wheels in the BM that I fell in love with. I went for a test fit and ended up buying them. They were 19x8.5 RonJon Devotions, staggered lips, 40mm offsets, matte black centers and gloss black lips.

7-3-09
Bought an RT 2.5" high flow cat from Excellerate. I never installed it.

8-10-09
Bought a clear brake light for the spoiler. Not only does it look better, but it is actually brighter.

9-14-09
Got the car polished.

9-19-09
Picked up some CCFLs for the trunk. Super easy to install, and made the trunk BRIGHT.

10-19-09
Finally rolled 100k miles!!!

10-24-09
Bought a modded Versus front lip from EasyMoney in the Black Market. Little did I know he was a piece of shit scammer and never sent anything out or returned any of my messages. Eric Nguyen of Florida, just remember that Karma is a bitch.

11-3-09
Purchased a Clutch Masters stage 3 clutch for my soon-to-happen motor build.

11-27-09
Revisisted the retrofit idea I had. And I actually completed it!!! I can see!!!

12-2-09
Yes, 5 days after I completed my retrofit I had ordered brand new headlights from Honda and all the parts needed for the next retro. Now to find the time....

12-18-09
My car had been getting some work done for the past week and a half. I am now the proud owner of a 3.6 CL

-3.7 Crank
-05 RL Pistons
-KMS Valve Springs and Retainers
-Full Port and Polish

Also finally hooked up my gauges. God I love these pods.

Im going to keep this updated as I do more modifications, and believe me, there will be more modifications
The following users liked this post:
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 PM

I got my lights from www.LEDautomotive.com

And yea, it was just the LEDs.
My fuel pump died last night and stranded me 5 miles from home around 8pm. Not a big deal I thought, except that the two tow trucks the sent out refused to tow my car because it was a "lowrider". Thats exactly what they called it.

So after arguing with roadside assistance they searched for a "snatch" truck and dollies, and no operators in my area were willing to send that truck at night.

That was at 4am this morning. So I left the car there and went home. At 8am I called again and they searched for another operator. It took them over an hour to find one, and they sent him out.

When I met him there, it was another damn flatbed. I was ready to kill someone. But this guy actually knew what he was doing so he was able to get it on the bed without damage.

Now the car is home and Im waiting for my Walbro to get here. My gaskets and filter should be in at Honda tomorrow. Im hoping to get it back up and running by the weekend.

Even though the car isnt running right now, Ive still got some work planned for it this week. Ill be posting updates
12-24-09

Installed Walbro GSS342HP pump. I also picked up the fuel filter, the gasket, and a new strainer. It was really simple to install and the pump was a direct drop in. I didnt have to do anything with wiring. The new filter from Honda came with the wiring. The install took me about 45 mins. I wasnt able to get pictures because it was getting cold and dark fast. This one is noticeably louder then stock, which doesnt bother me at all.

Sadly though, Im still not getting any fuel pressure. My next step is to try a new FPR, luckily I have one in my "stock"
Originally Posted by Rajca
Originally Posted by friesm2000
so the new honda strainer snapped right on???
yup. its a quick and simple job
Well the issue is definately the FPR. I swapped it out with another one I had and it held pressure, until one of the gaskets on it blew

Its pouring out and cold, so I wasnt messing with it any more. I plan on working on it tomorrow morning.
Still going through the thread...
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-25-2010, 12:53 PM

FPR was replaced. Now one of the fuel lines are leaking.

Gotta wait for a ride to go up to the store in hopes that they have the parts I need.
I picked up a ViS carbon fiber hood awhile ago. I finally mounted it, but I dont like it, so its up for sale.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/brand-new-vis-01-03-cl-carbon-fiber-hood-%24400-758805/

www.ledautomotive.com
SHE RUNS!!!

Fuel systems must hate me.

-This past summer my motorcycle stranded me on the highway about 12 miles from home with a burnt out fuel pump.

-A week after getting the CL back from Paul I lose fuel pressure and my stock pump died, stranding me 5 miles from home.

-I get the new pump and FPR installed and then one of the fittings decides to spring a leak.

I roamed all over Richmond yesturday chasing down leads because no speed shop or parts store had the correct fitting (6AN 90* female compression fitting). I finally found one yesturday at a store that was literally around the block from my house. I didnt even know the store existed.

So today I installed it, had to charge the battery (car sat for nearly 3 weeks) and finally started it. I dialed in the fuel pressure and it sounds better now then it did before.

That is until I tapped the gas and the fucking IAC valve went apeshit

The saga continues....
At this point I just blocked the IACV. That work-around will be fixed later down the line. Read on...

Well, its the end of an era. Yup, thats right. Its gone.

Im talking about the 18s

Im rolling on the 19" Devotions again for alittle while. I did a test fit of my "mystery wheel" and its a tight fit. I dont know if Im going to go through with them.
In other news, I finally hit 1k miles. I put around 250-300 miles on the car today, and it took it like a champ. I still have another 1500 miles before I can go WFO with it, but I can start easing into it little by little. Now I can rev up to 5k rpm, and give it alittle more then half throttle. I did that on an on ramp earlier and I gotta say it brings a smile to my face just thinking about it

It sounded great, and the torque Ive never driven a Honda with so much torque Passing people in 6th gear is just so easy now. It just pulls. I caught myself doing 90 a few times just while passing.

I seem to be getting used to the clutch which is good. It doesnt even feel heavy to me anymore. Hopping in my brothers Accord is wierd though, because I cant pick up where the engagement point is anymore, its just so damn soft.

These past few days Ive really been thinking about just doing an all-motor build. I think the turbo may be too much power for FWD. If I go all motor Ive already got the first few mods planned out. And no, Im not telling

If the rain isnt heavy tomorrow I will try to take a few pictures of how the car sits now.
Heres a few pics of my car from the meet today.

Thanks to Nick (01clinprocess) for the QD

I hope to upload my pictures tomorrow. Im too damn tired to do anything now.
Originally Posted by MD03CL-S
Adding a couple of your car that I saw posted in the TL section. I really like these...

friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered Abuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cars looking real nice....u got the black theme going on...tint ur windows!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:06 PM

And I know its dirty. Shuddup
It does. Almost too much. I have yet to drive with them because the o-rings between the two halfs were leaking. I should have it up and running tomorrow. Its a shame its going to rain otherwise Id wash the car.

They still look small in the 19s, but Im still planning on downsizing to 18s, so that should close the gap a bit.

Still havent decided if I am going to do the work to make them [the wheels] fit, so Im not talking until I make my mind up about them.

However I did make my mind up about something else.

The turbo is not going on the car. Its going to be too much for the chassis with my motor. Instead I am going all motor. My goal is 325whp. Its a bit lofty, but I think eventually I can hit it, especially with some items Ive heard rumors about

So Ill be putting the turbo up for sale in the coming weeks.
Took some pics today after I washed it. Nothing major. I just felt like taking pics

The sun was going down so I had to play with the levels alittle bit, so they look a bit washed out. Oh well. I cant wait to get my new 18s in so I can sell the 19s and lower the car more. I need more S T A N C E.

And the blue calipers aren't that noticeable surprisingly. I caught some kid at Auto Zone staring at them when I came out though

Over the next few weeks Im going to be some minor mods, and Ill be updating this thread with actual on-topic info
Heres the difference in rotor sizes. Top is [obviously] the stock sized rotor vs the 350Z Nismo rotor.

Theres not much to look at under the hood. Everything of value is under the valve covers

I have some more goodies coming in over the next few weeks.
F*ck you snow; messin up my clean car.

He ran out the door when I opened it just to come running back to me wanting to come back inside.

We've got about a foot so far and that shit is still falling.
This morning I put just under 15 gallons in with ~380 miles on the tank. So thats about 25mpg. Now that its broken in though, theres really no difference in my driving style vs. pre-build. When I dropped the car off, Paul said that my valves sounded horrible, so that probably has alot to do with my previous mpg numbers.
Its sad that Im on page 15 and this is the only useful info I found so far
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by immauser
cars looking real nice....u got the black theme going on...tint ur windows!
They are tinted. 50% in the front and 35% in the rear. My last car had 18% all around and Im tired of dealing with the tickets.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by CL-S6
Civic, are you running a cat?
Stock cat and b-pipe for now.

Originally Posted by DC3328
any difference in exhaust and intake note?
Theres a noticable gurgle when you let off the gas that I didnt hear before. The tone is a bit more coarse though, but not in a bad way.
Ok, back on topic with the car (for now )

1) Two more parts came in yesturday and today. I should be able to get at least one thing done this weekend.

2) Im at 108,3xx miles already.

3) I have a bit of a dilemna. I like the CF hood. But I dont know if I like it enough to keep it. I have it listed for sale, and there is a member interested in it. I just cant make my mind up. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by StreetKA
ok guys. wake up! lets keep this thread runinng

civic did you finally broke the engine in ? how does it feel at high rpms ?

something similar to this ?? great tq and high end xD

Theres not much up top because my intake and exhaust is strangling it. It still hauls ass though.

Ive got about 3700 miles on it.

I need to tear into the suspension tomorrow because Ive got some very odd knocking noises coming from the rear, and as of last night I have some wierd noises coming from the front end

BTW, all I have done to the exhaust right now is headers and CT mufflers. As for intake I have the CT Icebox. So I am definately strangling this motor.
It's official. The parts I already have will be going on the car, but nothing more will be done. It will be strictly a daily driver and only maintenance will be done to it. Im most likely selling my other project car and all the parts and picking up another vehicle later this year/early next year, one that has a much better chassis. Looking back over the past 1.5 years, I realize I went way too fast through the mods. I had fun, I cant deny that, but I feel as though I spent money where it should not have been spent trying to make the car something it is not. I will be listing some parts up for sale in the BM, however I will not be parting the car out any time soon, so dont ask.
No, the chassis cant handle it, and that power would be useless for daily driving duties.

The largest item Ill be listing for sale in the immediate future is the turbo kit I have. Ill also have the CF trunk for sale. Other then that its just a few non-stock parts that I wont be using. Ill post the FS link here when I do.

Fries - I can't tell you how many people said the same thing, but Ive been thinking about this for the past week or so. Why do you think there hasn't been many updates lately? Ive stopped working on the car about 2 weeks ago. Ive got some more stuff still planned, but thats only things that Ive spent money on already, so no new parts will be purchased.

I love the car, I love the motor, I hate the chassis. Having the same power at the wheels in the car Im looking at is breaking me into the low 13s/high 12s without breaking a sweat. Not only that, its lighter and will handle the twisties with ease.

Don't worry StreetKa, Im still planning on getting it dyno'd. Im also planning on bringing it to the track when it opens in the spring just to see what it can run.
Page 22 now
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,409 Likes on 3,021 Posts
Closed your other thread since it now serves no purpose
Old 03-25-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rajca
u said u want the engine to breath?
nva-av6 pics
Some pics of the start of a 80mm throttle body for 2nd Gen TL/CL and those with J35A4/J32A2 swaps....

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
It is his, NVA is building it for Civic.
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6
LOL, the intake is necessary, not even the 09 Mani can be made to fit this TB, the 09 is only 70mm wide thru the neck and does not have enough material to be opened up to 80mm. Anyway the 2nde gen intake flows much better than any of the newer intakes and can be ported and modified to flow even better.
New neck welded in and roughed out....

4" IC piping for the intake side would be needed, and damn that stuff is not cheap when compared to 3".
Looks good. Im going to take some measurements tonight and order my parts for the intake.

On another not, I Tire Rack. I ordered tires Monday around midnight and they were delivered today

Now Im just waiting for my wheel guy to finish touching them up and I should hopefully be able to mount them Saturday.

And Brian - This is all stuff I had ordered a few weeks ago. Im just finishing up the last 4 or 5 things for this car and then thats it aside from maintenance.
I still think some form of boost will be in the future, granted the J36 is very potent NA but like you guys are saying, it will be gotten used to and mor powar will be wanted. Is it easy to hold 400+FWHP, hell no, it requires finese with the throttle, great tires and suspension, well mounted and dampened power train, and I have a couple of other ideas for suspension mods to keep it planted (mainly looking at the bushings and radius arms). Now as I understand it this is his daily driver so for reliability I would lean more on the SC side than the snail side.
^ Thats what I was thinking about, if I ever wanted more power. It is my daily driver. I want a reliable car. If I boost it, I want solid tuning with the ability to advance timing. Right now we dont have that, so no boost for me.

And yea, the suspension can be tweaked to handle the power, but at what cost? Looking at the reciepts I have makes me wonder why I put so much into this car. So Im a bit hesitant to drop any more cash into it, especially when Ive got my other car and my motorcycle to finish.
Boost would be a good year away, I know you have to recover from all you have done so far, expect something for timing advance this summer after I get a couple more pieces for my machine shop so I can properly make timing gears. Now if/when you go boost you really don't want timing advance anyway, just retard which is well avalible today.

Suspension stuff should NOT be that expensive when I am done.
When I was spoke with JCharged at the Great Falls he said his motor was pulling almost 40* of timing IIRC.

I think if I can get it tuned Ill be happy with it (not that Im not happy with it now, but I know theres plenty more power to be had). One thing Ive noticed even before the build is our ECUs seem to be very inconsistent. One day the car could be blazing fast, the next it seems sluggish.

Sometimes if I punch it it will bog for a second then take off. Ive got to ease into the throttle, which I prefer anyway because its easier on the drivetrain.
LOL, don't forget you just added 60-80WTQ, punching it your axels are not going to be happy for long........

And Jake is not tunned at all, he is just running off the TL-P ECU.
Yea, I think I heard one of my axles clicking the other day when making a left turn, but I havent been able to replicate the noise.

I didnt realize Jake was running the TL-P ecu.
The 30-1910 works for ALL J series V6, the 30-1911 is specific to the AP1 S2K.
I was under the impression that the F/IC couldnt pick up the crank sensor either.

The e-manage is the tried and true method, but I don't like it. JPRoy was tuning on the F/IC but never posted an update past "it was wired wrong, I got it figured out though".

I got on it hard last night in second and third and when I came to a stop I smelled a shitload of unburnt fuel. Im going to go verify I dont have any leaky lines before I assume its running a bit rich. At WOT in high RPMs the AFR is right around 12.6, but when I let off the gas it drops down to around 10.4, then fully rich, then back to fully lean (off throttle completely).
Yeah, JPROY sent me his harness and I re-wired the BS P&P for him, LOL.

Fully lean with foot off the throttle is normal, the ECU shuts off both fuel and spark when there is a negative load on the engine....
Yea, I know fully lean is normal off throttle, but its going fully rich after a WOT run when I initially take my foot of the throttle, then it goes back to fully lean. Its fully rich for 2 seconds tops.

And the fuel I smelled last night was indeed a leak. A fitting off the FPR (that I replaced the o-ring on before) started leaking. I replaced the entire fitting this time. I dont want to deal with it again. It seems to be holding well now. Im keeping an eye on it though.

And an update with the wheels. My wheel guy had a hard time finding paint that matched, but he got it on Thursday. I should have them back and mounted mid-week.
I shot some vids today mainly to show the AFR gauge. These are all from my phone so the quality definately isnt the best, nor is it to stable. Sound sucks too.

This is a cold startup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrzcVVRY9OA

This is just a steady cruise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkVEk6aYcI

Here is a quick second-third pull. I didnt go WOT until around 4500rpms in second, I think I shifted around 6k rpms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STGxbaRi3Fo

Once again, sorry for horrible quality and making you look at them sideways.

Ill try to make it to the meet btw. Its too early to tell what work has in store for me.
My brother and I had a bit of fun last night on the way home from work. We went from 45mph to around 120 getting on the highway. He was in front of me on the entrance ramp and obviously got the jump. I was playing with the throttle the whole time, not really going WOT. When we got home, he looked at me, shook his head and said "you got me". My response was "wait, you were floored? I was playing with it..." He said, "I wasnt floored, but the way you passed me, I wouldnt be able to keep up if I was."

3.6 = 1
3.5 = 0

Hopefully another mod will be coming this evening
Page 27
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by rajca
That sucks but atleast u know why it took so long.

What trans fluid are u using? Gm or honda? Or something else?
Honda Reformulated MTF. And yea, it does suck, but Ive always said health is the most important, so I cant complain.

Quick note for everyone - If raining and the roof is nicely waxed, dont drive with youre moonroof open. I had to slam on the brakes before and I got soaked
Yea, there not much of an update to be given.

The wheel guy called me Tuesday with more BS, hes having a hard time laying down the clearcoat with the matte finish. He ordered another brand (this is the third one) and it has a slight gloss appearance to it. Im going in tomorrow to see how glossy it is. If its not what I want Im taking the wheels to someone else.

My new video camera came in yesturday, along with a mount. I hope to make a few stable videos in the next few days.

I tried coaxing a modded G35 to run, but he didnt want to, at least not correctly. He kept taking off when a truck was in front of me. It pissed me off.

Today on my way to work I hopped on the highway. In front of me was an E39 540i, it was definately a 6 speed. What I found hilarious was the Hellaflush and Fresh stickers on the back window, and he was on stock wheels He got on the highway with authority, so of course I followed I sat right on his bumper in the left lane at about 80% throttle up to around 120 I think, then he let off. It had temporary tags on it. I saw his eyes in the rearview, and as we were picking up speed he seemed to get angrier and angrier. There wasnt enough space for me to safely pass him. When it opened up I tried getting him to line up and go but he wouldnt do it

But, the car is running better and better, especially now that the weather is warming up. I still have a few little things to do to the car, but Ive been working non stop so I really dont have the time.
Ok queen of fairys, I need those plenums........

Originally Posted by nva-av6
Originally Posted by gnuts
are all the sensors OEM? Amazing work.
Yes, all the sensors and throttle controls are OE
Don replied:

Originally Posted by RPM Systems
well give you some updates. the 03 CL type-s manual ecu (PGE) can be reflashed. it has the ms66q592 mcu . meaning that the MCU has EEPROM space , so new code can be added. working on unlocking it as well .

now the ecu that 90% of us are using are Auto ecu . the ecu are close but there is a big problem. the Honda and Okidata companys cheeped out and use a MCU ms66592. well the chip is write once or prom type . that means you cant reflash the ecu, well the auto ecu that is.

now what i have been working on for the past couple of months is a way to piggy back the MCU inside the unit. have mad some great strides and hit a couple of road blocks. we got it to interface with the MCU and were working on now hacking the code so you can change the settings. i have been using a moded version of CROME to read the Original source code. it right now can see the fuel , timing , and vtec. having problem putting the code back together so the ECU understands it for now .

thanks for the support and i keep working on a way to make this happen.
don
rpm systems

IM REFLASHABLE!!!!
Ok here they are:

And here are my nuts:

Specs-
18x8.5 43mm Work CR-Kai
235/40 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110
Project Kics R26 locking lug nuts

I tried to lower the car more today but the fucking lock ring on the Ksports were seized from this past winter. Im going to try to break it loose some other time, the gap is killing me. And yes I know the rotors were a bit rusty, I just washed the car.

Should I put the blue stickers on them or leave them plain?
I forgot to give a big thankyou to Lippstuh for helping me out with my endless questions and 03uc1 cuz he sold me the wheels
I also forgot to thank p.diddy for helping me with fender mod questions

And thats it so far. There will be more updates as I go along. And once again, lets try to keep this one on topic. If I have a hard time looking for stuff in my thread, then we know its really bad
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-25-2010, 04:10 PM

Mods -

I didnt realize how many pictures were here until I tried opening this page at work. Can we change the title to:

My Build Thread - Now With Less BS; 56k Beware

?

EDIT BY MOD: Done
Old 03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Justin's

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those wheels are greasy! Nice work man!

You ever try those Blue accord coupe wheels on your car?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
OMFG

great build man!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,409 Likes on 3,021 Posts
Already had to delete 11 off topic posts and we're not even off the first page. C'mon guys keep the bs out of this thread like he's asked. Jacob, you're really pushing it
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM

Thankyou for cleaning it and thanks for the title change

Originally Posted by 98JDMCL
Those wheels are greasy! Nice work man!

You ever try those Blue accord coupe wheels on your car?
Thanks. I thought about tossing the Accord wheels on it, but they wont clear my brakes.

Originally Posted by JS + MS3
OMFG

great build man!
Thanks man!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,771 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Really great work!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
what did you do to your fenders? i bought new tires potenza 235/40/18 and they rub. i already rolled fenders but it still rub. 18x7.5 ET 42 im about tp mill offset 2mm
Old 03-30-2010, 04:39 PM

Are you rubbing on the bumper tabs? I shaved some of it off with an angle grinder, then hit it with some paint so it wont rust and Im not rubbing even though my tires are further out then yours.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Suzuka Master

i think im rubing on the tabs but i grinded it already maybe not enough can you take a picture how does yours look like?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:55 PM

Yea, Im replacing the e-brake shos (DIY forthcoming) so the rear wheels will be off the car anyway.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
I've been searching everywhere, even reading through several threads and could not find what the actual weight of the 09 TL IM is.

Sad thing is I've held the IM when Paul had one in his garage and it was significantly lighter.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
I think its 9-11 pounds, in the original thread for it they weighed it
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Morgan,

AMAZING!!!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by JCharged
I've been searching everywhere, even reading through several threads and could not find what the actual weight of the 09 TL IM is.

Sad thing is I've held the IM when Paul had one in his garage and it was significantly lighter.
Pictures on my highly accurate bathroom scale:

Thats right around 11lbs.

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Morgan,

AMAZING!!!

Thankyou sir, now to catchup with you and that blower
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
Thank you sir. I'm going on a weight loss program. Some rice are getting the best of me around these parts.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:22 PM

Lol. Isn't it messed up that I dont mess with the imports as much as the domestics because I know that the imports are slick with hiding things? At least in my area, if youre next to a Mustang you can hear whats done to it because the owners love them loud. The imports though...... I know a few Integras and Civics, not to mention GTIs and MS3s that will catch you sleeping. Thats why I can't wait to get the Civic on the road, I miss driving that damn thing. This summer though, it's gonna be big.

Oh yea, speaking of Mustangs, I beat up on a newer Mustang today I couldnt tell if it was a GT or not because I never saw the back of it It had the lights in the grill and stripes on the hood though. That was fun
Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
nice... i wanna see the picture of the bumper tabs too and youre gauges are they done with some soldering or did you do the PP?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:17 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Nice whip.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:53 AM
philly flickin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
great build
Old 04-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jaMezBOI
great build
+1

Can't wait to see more!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Suzuka Master

still waiting for pics... are they coming up soon?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by cu0ngsayz
nice... i wanna see the picture of the bumper tabs too and youre gauges are they done with some soldering or did you do the PP?
I got the PnP LEDs. I dont have the patience to solder them.

Originally Posted by princelybug
Nice whip.
Originally Posted by jaMezBOI
great build
Originally Posted by PKIM
+1

Can't wait to see more!
Thanks

Originally Posted by StreetKA
still waiting for pics... are they coming up soon?
Yea Ill take some pics for you. I was going to replace the e-brake shoes today but decided to buy new rotors and pads for the rear and do it all at once. But Ill snap a few pics before I do the work.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:41 AM

There wasnt a huge difference in peak hp/tq, but tq was vastly improved over the whole RPM range. I felt much more power then the graph suggests.

Run 003 was before, 004 was after:

Mods at the time:
Before:
-P2R throttle body spacer
-CT Icebox
-XS Headers
-Underdrive pulley

After:
-CT Icebox
-XS Headers
-Underdrive pulley
-Intake Manifold
-P2R TB adapter
-Ported throttle body

Im sure there was more power to get if I had ported the lower runners, and clearly the TB (even the ported TB) was choking the motor.

***These runs are not with the 3.6l, this was my 100k mile 3.2 with out-of-spec valves and two broken rocker arms.***

Last edited by civicdrivr; 04-05-2010 at 10:45 AM.
friesm2000 (06-19-2011)
Old 04-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice thread...

PLEASE GO TO THE 1/4 MILE!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 AM

Ill be doing a couple runs once I get the new intake on. Ill also be getting it dyno'd.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
80MM TB, wow that's pretty big, you not worried about a TB that big slowing down the air velocity into the engine?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
BANNED

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm not there are already several 7th gen AV6 and 3rd gen TLs with J36 engine and this has opened up the top end gaining 15-20WHP, but this is the first for the older cable throttles. Now if this was still a stock J32 with un-ported heads, ect, yeah, wayy over kill.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
80MM TB, wow that's pretty big, you not worried about a TB that big slowing down the air velocity into the engine?
I'm not there are already several 7th gen AV6 and 3rd gen TLs with J36 engine and this has opened up the top end gaining 15-20WHP, but this is the first for the older cable throttles. Now if this was still a stock J32 with un-ported heads, ect, yeah, wayy over kill.
^ Thats why Im not worried
Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Ahh ok gotchya
Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,771 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Can't wait for the #s!

Quick Reply: My Build Thread - bordering on more BS! 56K Beware