Comptech Sways??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech Sways??

So i am finally going in on friday to my Acura dealership to get my Comptech springs put in, cant wait

My question is....i could also get comptech sways for another $400 bucks installed....is that worth it?? Will it improve handling greatly?? Give me some input fellas. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:11 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How hard can swaybars be to install? Its a freakin bar

I swear 99% of the people on here cant even install an air filter.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jtkz13
How hard can swaybars be to install? Its a freakin bar

I swear 99% of the people on here cant even install an air filter.
ok, thanks for your great input man

Oh i can change my oil and air filter, things like that.

But im not familiar with the swaybars so I was just thinking of getting it all done at the dealership while im there.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:39 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I didnt mean to sound like a dick, but it just kinda bothers me how many people on here just throw money at the dealers to install stuff. Swaybars are just solid metal rods that go from one side of the car to the other. There is one in the front and one in the back. They bolt in and shouldnt take more than a couple hours to do.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Advanced

Some of us just like the comfort of knowing we can go right back to the dealer with a problem rather than them busting our balls everytime we take the car in with aftermarket work. I just had a bent valve and they specifically told me if my Comptech work had been done anywhere else but a dealer and I would have been screwed. I got everything covered under warranty....
Old 06-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Manny Tranny

Originally Posted by CL Hype
So i am finally going in on friday to my Acura dealership to get my Comptech springs put in, cant wait

My question is....i could also get comptech sways for another $400 bucks installed....is that worth it?? Will it improve handling greatly?? Give me some input fellas. Thanks in advance.
I was going to have both CT Springs and Sways installed at once. The dealer screwed up with the spings so i only got the sways put on. I could feel the difference i soon as i started to drive. The steering feels more responsive (actually its less body roll). I followed up with the CT Springs a few weeks later and it got even better. The only thing I should mention is the ride is a little less quality than stock. The bumps are more apparent and you feel them more than before (with stock). I guess there are aftermarket shocks/struts that are better for the CT setup. I will get these once the OEM shocks wear out.

Go for it!