SIRSIG's dyno... '03 CL-S 6spd. s/c with hbp

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:07 PM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by All Mine
So how much did you spend on the set-up?

J/k.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the pic.....why are you running off the top of the tank instead of in and out from the bottom? Also what pump do you have? Looks like a marine type pump.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Have you run your car at the track yet?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by foreveraflboy
Thanks for the pic.....why are you running off the top of the tank instead of in and out from the bottom? Also what pump do you have? Looks like a marine type pump.

Looks to me like he's running off the bottom of the tank and the return is on the top of the tank. Pretty standard set up.

And yes that's a simple marine pump.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SIRSIG
smooth so far... i can't gun it... *must wait 'til 500 miles* :shakehead

will do. as of now i've put 300 miles already but mostly fwy driving. maybe i should put another 500 miles to be on a safe side?
do 1k to be safe, and yes he got a sweet deal on the set-up . by the way siggy your welcome,I dont remember a thanks bro for hooking it up.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:57 AM
THE J35A2...

LOL! don't take it personally, but i'm only gonna thank you after i break-in the clutch and does what it supposed to do so far i'm still taking it easy on it...

i mentioned it too you before how greatful i was just having the flywheel alone. remember?

i really appreciated it that you gave me a good deal and all, but, i want to speak the truth about this product and not put other prospective buyer in the future on a deceptive information. So far it feels great...

i should be done breaking this in very soon and the ULTIMATE test will come April 7th @ Califonia Speedway in Fontana street legal drag race

I hope i don't suck
Old 03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
THE J35A2...

LOL! don't take it personally, but i'm only gonna thank you after i break-in the clutch and does what it supposed to do so far i'm still taking it easy on it...

i mentioned it too you before how greatful i was just having the flywheel alone. remember?

i really appreciated it that you gave me a good deal and all, but, i want to speak the truth about this product and not put other prospective buyer in the future on a deceptive information. So far it feels great...

i should be done breaking this in very soon and the ULTIMATE test will come April 7th @ Califonia Speedway in Fontana street legal drag race

I hope i don't suck
BTW, i think the guy Nov!ce was refering on my car not the kit itself, but yeah, you gave me that clutch kit with a sweet deal...
Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned

I'm waiting anxiously for the results.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:37 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Do you have a UR crank pulley btw?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:14 PM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by Cocoa
Do you have a UR crank pulley btw?
none.

although, it might loosen up my sc and generate more hp cause it's light, i prefer not to put one, cause i haven't seen a thread here that really proves any gain for sc vehicles, so far what i've found was disappoinment...

'gonna go out now and put more miles
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

!bump

Any updates? I'm dying to drop in a new clutch and lw flywheel already.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
THE J35A2...

i went at LACR last night. i'll get the write-up ready tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Waiting for your review D=
Old 04-02-2007, 03:06 PM
THE J35A2...

Reviews Up!

600 miles later…

I can definitely feel the power, and so far it hasn’t slip. this clutch requires a lot more pressure than the stock one. But it doesn’t compromised your left leg (as far as my left leg is concern…) pedal feels great. Noise seems to be apparent at first, but it went away after a few hundred miles. The engagement point is different now from what it was, and i feel as if the clutch distance to the floor is shorter. Accelerates very nicely, it revs faster than stock, mainly because of the lighten flywheel. Some say’s I can adjust the engagement point on the pedal, but I don’t wanna do that now cause it will take me another getting-used-to-it session. I still cannot believe how smooth this thing.

The travel from first contact to full engagement is quite short which combined with the increased pressure required a bit of an adjustment but after a few lights though I began to get comfortable. I’ve encounter some steep hills with ease and without stalling the engine. Well to be honest, I stall once at the light that’s mainly because I was “thinking” and not “feeling “ the clutch. at low rpm, engagement is hard to do, cuz once it grabs, it grabs! Usually stalls out w/out some RPMs.

As days/miles passed, and got used to it, now I know when the clutch begins to disengage/engage. With a combination of having the CDD removed (thanks to Thinjim), Shifting is faster than ever before. As I get more comfortable to it, the fucking car just launch forward like crazy! It gives me goose bumps everytime I shift! Another reason to love the car! Drivability is not a concern, it’s smooth almost like the stock which I really like cause I want my car to be driveable and can be a killer, both street and track. If for some reason there’s another human being that drive’s your car, they might probably find it harder to drive, you might want to advice them first because it takes time (not much) to get used to it… atleast, for me that’s another best reason I can give to my wife so she can’t drive my car lol.

Now dropping the gears down also has some considerable changes too. for those of you considering to get a racing clutch, I advice you guys not to drop the gear from 4th to 2nd as the car would feel like it hit’s the brakes when you do that. I got used on rev-matching my stock clutch before, and with this new clutch, I don’t think it’s a good idea.

LACR Drag strip...

My best time was 13.994 in a ¼ trapping 103.788 with 2.322-60’. I’m running with Toyo RA1 tires. yes, they’re not DR’s they are track tires. I was spinning them like no tomorrow. Even with a good burn out, this tires take a gazillion time to heat up. Why these tires? Because I was hoping someday with a free time I can go to Willowspring and track my car, but I guess that won’t happen until next year (maybe). I’m too lazy to change rims (sore back) but maybe next time I’ll go with my other rims with some DR‘s… If you guys race, then you can easily figure out how would I do with some good tires and 60 foot…

I would highly recommend this clutch. However, the big question is how long it will last? I have to put more miles to it to find out. If I can do that, I will be very happy, also mainly because my drivetrain was safe. The clutch disc clutch wear overtime no doubt but, I would rather see that goes first than my tranny. Over all. 1¾ thumbs up. I’ll give it a 2 after maybe 60000 miles

Special thanks to Mike Cl8trr (who’s enjoying my stock flywheel right now as of speak hehehe) for giving me the opportunity to haggle up and take this off his hand! Now, some of you guys might think that Mike is somewhat hhhmmm an “ass” but, he seems cool enough to me and was very supportive asking me all the time “how does it feel?“ since I first met him and bought this kit to him. It’s probably just his nature on how he talk to people sometime, as this guy is for real. Once again, thanks Mike.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

Thank you SirSig... Now how do I get my hands on one?

But one question... only trapping 103 MPH? I trapped 108 with a 2.2 60" on Pirelli P-Zero Neros. You think you may have lost power?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:34 PM
THE J35A2...

4000' above sea level owns...

13.994 X .97= 13.57418
103.788 X 1.03 = 106.901

[conversion factor on bold numbers]

haven't check my sc belt yet, so maybe you're right...

also, i'm planning on hitting the dynojet again, maybe some tuning. i'm not sure if the clutch set adds power/torque but if my revs dramatically change i assumed my a/f could have change too. dunno about that one, correct me if i'm wrong?
Old 04-02-2007, 06:02 PM
THE J35A2...

actually it's 2,710 feet above sea level
Old 04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Racer

retune your car siggy and try it again, defenently check your s/c belts tension and all the other things that may be diminishing your force fed power. the clutch will most defenantly last you more than 6k and thanks for the++, I still want you to call me or drop me a message about how you like the set-up, you know you can always go more aggressive with ceramic or another harsh material but it eats away pressure plate surfaces and flywheel surfaces much faster than the mellow but brutally engaging kevlar.. and as far as me being an ass?? sorry people but I am straight up and real and dont like bullshit or games im just sick of fake people or people that judge people they dont know! everyone is equal and nobody is better than anyone. except for chicks with big hooters they got one up on all of us but really some people on here thrash other people for no reason just because they have nothing better to do than to piss someone off, these members make other members not wanna log on anymore and have a negative impact on our site.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
Thank you SirSig... Now how do I get my hands on one?

But one question... only trapping 103 MPH? I trapped 108 with a 2.2 60" on Pirelli P-Zero Neros. You think you may have lost power?
curious but how much boost are you running? and siggy can give you my info if you want a set-up bro.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM
THE J35A2...

it make's me nervous when you talk Mike, specially on my 6 page thread i don't want them to lock this up lol.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Racer

LoL!!! :surrender yeah I better not say much else! anyways thanks siggy. and I found another 6 speeder with 46k miles, I almost got it locked, shes gonna call me back with her response tonight. 12,500 with clean title and completely stock. oh yes a virgin .. my other cl-s was abused like a stepchild so I will treat this one right
Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cl8trr
curious but how much boost are you running? and siggy can give you my info if you want a set-up bro.
I'm only running the HBP (5 psi) on my car. And hit me up on the info. I do need an upgrade.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 PM
THE J35A2...

yeah ceramics sounds great, i'm pretty sure it will be awesome to have. but i'm a little conservative and being careful with my drivetrain. not until i get a chromoly drive shaft/axle i'll let someone else try that...

and BTW STAY AWAY FROM SPEC CLUTCH ! ! !

seen the difference? yeah, NOTHING! JUST THE BLUE PAINT! they said they beefed up the inside, but the splines are the same my friend bought this for his 7th gen Accord and boy was he disappointed! i kinda horse around with him and told him "think on the better side man, you got twin plates lol!" he gave me an evil eye BTW he bought a set of CM kit himself and was very pleased to hear that he's liking it very much too so far
Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Racer

LOL!!!!! holy cra* thats a stock pressure plate! wow no S H A M E !!!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Hey mang. Can you upload a bigger picture of your dyno run?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you like it Siggy, it felt alright to me too, a little chatty but nothing I couldn't get used to in a few minutes.

Damn I really need this in my car, just got beat by a modded STi
Took out a Monkeywrench Toyota GTS though

Dont expect too much power from this on a dyno, it would however be interesting to see how much faster you get to 140mph compared to before.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 PM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Glad you like it Siggy, it felt alright to me too,
a little chatty but nothing I couldn't get used to in a few minutes.

Damn I really need this in my car, just got beat by a modded STi
Took out a Monkeywrench Toyota GTS though

Dont expect too much power from this on a dyno, i
t would however be interesting to see how much faster you get to 140mph compared to before.
chatter was there when you tested out cl8trr's car? Chatter may also come
with different reason a bad cv joint, broken motor mounts, etc ...
but mine is excellent, just like you said it's just a matter of getting use to it.
It's a racing clutch anyway and yes, i can now chirp my tires
on 3rd!

Sorry about your loss though, AWD is for teh win on teh dig

yeah, torque shouldn't drastically increased (nor decrease) but hp
i have raced a Z in the frwy i was redlining at 5th gear as soon as i shift
into 6th he was right behind me by 3 cars i'm not lying. i'm not gonna
say how fast are we going though...

i also want to clear things up, i'm not a salesman nor affiliated with cl8trr.
he's just a guy who sell his kit to me and i'm just a buyer who took the risk
on buying it, and i'm glad i did (so far, so good... lol)

all mine-here's a bigger size of my dyno:
Old 04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Racer

well siggy i just bought a low mileage 6 speeder for dirt cheap Im gonna get another kit built for it a.s.a.p. its a huge difference in power or at least it feels that way with the CM set-up. I didnt realize how shitty the cl-s drove without it. this is a virgin car and it feels so slow, kinda like a camry LoL..I'm regretting selling you my kit, now im gonna have to dish out some cash for another kit. today its at the shop getting a fresh paint job and some custom stuff done(soon to be revealed). tomorrow hopefully I will go put on a exhaust, maybe my old custom set-up and all around machine gun drilled brembos and MM pads. oh yeah my interior trim is also being painted nighthawk black as well as my engine trim and garnish by this weekend I will have a sound system in this puppy and next week comes the wheels I need this weekend for the tint and piggyback install.watch it siggy im coming for you..LoL.. actually im coming for nicks 4 door, soon at irwindale or palmdale nick it will be me and you buddy. lets see how well this cl-s will perform?? and I promise I wont be on the bottle
Old 04-04-2007, 03:51 AM

well siggy i just bought a low mileage 6 speeder for dirt cheap Im gonna get another kit built for it a.s.a.p. its a huge difference in power or at least it feels that way with the CM set-up. I didnt realize how shitty the cl-s drove without it. this is a virgin car and it feels so slow, kinda like a camry LoL..I'm regretting selling you my kit, now im gonna have to dish out some cash for another kit. today its at the shop getting a fresh paint job and some custom stuff done(soon to be revealed). tomorrow hopefully I will go put on a exhaust, maybe my old custom set-up and all around machine gun drilled brembos and MM pads. oh yeah my interior trim is also being painted nighthawk black as well as my engine trim and garnish by this weekend I will have a sound system in this puppy and next week comes the wheels I need this weekend for the tint and piggyback install.watch it siggy im coming for you..LoL.. actually im coming for nicks 4 door, soon at irwindale or palmdale nick it will be me and you buddy. lets see how well this cl-s will perform?? and I promise I wont be on the bottle
Its on!!!

Hopefully I get the flywheel and kit soon too. Could have used that against the STi and no I didn't lose to it on a dig it was from a roll
Old 04-06-2007, 02:47 AM
THE J35A2...

what's being done Mike? and uhmmm, take some good pictures this time of your car

this May i can be able to go to Fontana, but not this Sat due to schedule of work
Old 04-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Racer

everything, may boost again if I can get all sponsored for parts + install..hoping on getting some custom headers made soon, all stainless. I was a bit dissapointed by the comptechs for the price, I have seen a few other brands but im having the shop make me some one offs from the rough measurements of the Xs. hopefully better than the cts and only charging me an extra $50 to coat them.. im basically gonna pay for the pipes and coating
Old 04-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Racer

oh yeah, how does the kit feel? I havent kept in touch lately sorry, a little busy with business. So im curious about the other kits that were being released, any word on those put togethers? I have 2 people onboard for the group buy that are willing to help pay the acurazine fees. actually make that one because one is short on funds as of now but he will be back on board in 3 weeks.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:19 PM
THE J35A2...

oh yeah, how does the kit feel? I havent kept in touch lately sorry, a little busy with business. So im curious about the other kits that were being released, any word on those put togethers? I have 2 people onboard for the group buy that are willing to help pay the acurazine fees. actually make that one because one is short on funds as of now but he will be back on board in 3 weeks.
i got a few questions regarding the clutch. PM me or call me...
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 AM
THE J35A2...

update: 06/11/07

i'm tired, so, i just copy and paste this from V-6-P thread

custom mounts installed

Impression --->

NOTE: this review is base on my car...

First of all, these mounts are not DIY. Experienced mechanics are not needed, but you need a very patient installer that has all the necessary tools to get this done. Mine took more than 2 hours, that's just because i have a lot of things on my engine that needs to go out.

I'm gonna be honest here. There is a very little vibration on my steering wheel @ idle and very mild @ WOT. It's not to bad, not even Pamela Anderson would feel it! It feels like a brand new OEM mounts without a wheelhop! I tried to WOT several times at the freeway and at the street, and my front end would not go up like it used to handling on corners feel much faster and i can feel my engine doing it's best, well, i need to retune it tho, cause it hesitates sometime.

pros: lifetime warranty, tough, elimates/reduce wheelhop, hold engine very well
cons: i'm afraid my axles will break again

I don't think the price is being stiff because the whole time i have this car, i broke my OEM mounts 3 times. With much stronger mounts, backing up with lifetime warranty, i'm confident that i would not think of replacing my mounts again :up2:
Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 PM
THE J35A2...

pictures

next i'll post video of the engine while running at idle and revving
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 AM

next i'll post video of the engine while running at idle and revving
I love my mounts