AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   ZEX dry nitrous...looks like another X-mas present to me (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/zex-dry-nitrous-looks-like-another-x-mas-present-me-482748/)

BigLizard 10-02-2006 09:31 PM

ZEX dry nitrous...looks like another X-mas present to me

So I've done a lot of research on ZEX dry fogger kits...and I'm seeing a lot of good things about it if installed properly. It might be another mod for the DEP CL-pee for the :toocool: future (to cut off a second in the 1/4 mile).

I want to stay within the engine's limits... so a 50 shot will do just fine for me.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/store..._nitrous_kits/

^^^Is one of the places that I'm looking at to get a kit. For vets and :n00b:'s...what do you think?

All criticism is welcome! :tomato:

P.S. Comptech Sways and Neuspeed upper tie bar came in today...all goodies going on tomorrow!

BigLizard 10-02-2006 10:22 PM

Bump...

Oh come on...all these views and nobody says any thing? ;)

DaInFaMMuS1 10-02-2006 10:43 PM

i think you should just go with a wet kit..i think they are more reliable than the dry. and get like a 75 shot. the J series is a strong engine cocoa was squeezing a 125 shot or something ridiculous like that n he was just fine

BigLizard 10-02-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
i think you should just go with a wet kit..i think they are more reliable than the dry. and get like a 75 shot. the J series is a strong engine cocoa was squeezing a 125 shot or something ridiculous like that n he was just fine

Was that in the 3.2 CL-S engine or the built 3.5 liter?

BigLizard 10-02-2006 11:42 PM

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/i...ucts/82143.jpg

This is what has me sooooooooooo curious on the Zex dry nitrous system...

The fogger is at the end of the cone...you can't beat that...no drilling is involved for the intake tube. :toocool:

6peedSleepR 10-02-2006 11:53 PM

dude not being a Hater by any means.. but from all of the posts ive been reading form you it seems that you really wanna make this car FAST.. my advice to you is see what you can do to get yourself into a cl-s or something because I was actually in the same boat as you wanting to make my cl-p fast and after I did Everything to it, and i mean everything (i/h/e/ s/c).. it still wasnt fast and in the long run I still ended up stripping it and trading it in 4 a 6 speed.. Best thing i ever did!! Just felt I should tell you but hey if your happy that thats cool brotha keep it up :thumbsup:

BaumBizzle 10-02-2006 11:56 PM

The only thing I've heard about dry nitrous systems is that you can't really judge which cylinder is getting how much gas. A buddy of mine said he was racing his evo against an integra who was juicing and he just kept racing him and losing again and again untill finally the integra blew a rod or piston or something and then my evo buddy drove home and left his ass. I dont know how that really pertains to you but maybe something to think about. I've always heard use wet....but then again my broke ass has never had gas!!!

BaumBizzle 10-02-2006 11:59 PM

I just realized you have the CL-P....just like JDMj20 said about it now matter how hard you try or what you put on it mod for mod the CL-S will be faster, so instead of forkin over a few G's into the CL-P look for a CL-S. They're rated 260 vice 225, again its your car and I still wish I could have the mods you have!!!!

BigLizard 10-03-2006 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by JDMj20acL
dude not being a Hater by any means.. but from all of the posts ive been reading form you it seems that you really wanna make this car FAST.. my advice to you is see what you can do to get yourself into a cl-s or something because I was actually in the same boat as you wanting to make my cl-p fast and after I did Everything to it, and i mean everything (i/h/e/ s/c).. it still wasnt fast and in the long run I still ended up stripping it and trading it in 4 a 6 speed.. Best thing i ever did!! Just felt I should tell you but hey if your happy that thats cool brotha keep it up :thumbsup:

I've thought about it...but it seems to be very original having a CL-P modded and what not. I'm not really interested in a 6th gear right now...I have two bum knees (right one worse than the left) and it's a killer last time I had a daily manual driver.

Maybe in the future I'll have an extra CL....type S ;)

BigLizard 10-03-2006 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by BaumBizzle
I just realized you have the CL-P....just like JDMj20 said about it now matter how hard you try or what you put on it mod for mod the CL-S will be faster, so instead of forkin over a few G's into the CL-P look for a CL-S. They're rated 260 vice 225, again its your car and I still wish I could have the mods you have!!!!

Your day will come. Be patient...

+1 on my comment to JDM to you Baum.

DaInFaMMuS1 10-03-2006 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Was that in the 3.2 CL-S engine or the built 3.5 liter?

it was actually a 3.0 i believe, before he put in the 3.5 . But hes juicing on that too now with no issues

shineynitelite 10-03-2006 12:13 AM

i think those intakes are bs.. plus get a wet kit, j32s are sensitive motors

BigLizard 10-03-2006 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by honda3x23
plus get a wet kit, j32s are sensitive motors

Interesting...

They are sensitive because?

BigLizard 10-03-2006 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
it was actually a 3.0 i believe, before he put in the 3.5 . But hes juicing on that too now with no issues

Sweet...I've read a lil article stating that as long as you don't go over the manufacturer's horsepower ratio to the engine...the engine will be fine.

Meaning that...our engines can put out way more power than OEM specs.

i/h/e and s/c...thats pretty close to 100 ponies right there without doing internals...that's pretty damn good. Juicing this engine shouldn't hurt it as long as it's set up right.

mr5parkle 10-03-2006 01:09 AM

it's true that going the type-s route would yield better results, but if we kept that way of thinking, i don't think the 3.5L conversion would exist nor the turbo option. imo, yes it's probably going to be easier with a cl-s, but being different also has it's plus. anyone remember the av6 cl-s motor s/c with 3.5L and pullies? he could've easily bought a cl-s and be done with it.

BigLizard 10-03-2006 01:10 AM

i think those intakes are bs.. plus get a wet kit, j32s are sensitive motors

I've done nothing to the internals and I just want a little extra boost for the track time. I don't plan on spraying on a daily basis...that would get me in too much trouble.

iisylentii 10-03-2006 02:13 AM

Wow you been modding your car like crazy. What did you do win the lottery? lol i guess not since your not buying a M3 or something like that. But yeah you should do the 3.5 conversion and the type S tb and add a turbo to it and nos. I would love to see the results of that.

rtatsutani 10-03-2006 02:49 AM

Nitrous is the way to go for you. I know what you want and believe me, it will satisfy what you are looking for. I had the 75 shot in my car back in the day and it was sweet. Nothing beats that instant rush of power on tap. As far as worrying about your car, you should not run into any problems using the 50 shot. Just remember to frequently check your plugs and that is about it. The only irritating thing is monitoring bottle pressure. That has a huge effect on your nitrous performance and kick. Anyways, have fun and good luck. Do NOT get the intake cone/fogger setup. It is waaaaaaay to far from your IM if you use it with your AEM CAI.

BigLizard 10-03-2006 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by rtatsutani
Nitrous is the way to go for you. I know what you want and believe me, it will satisfy what you are looking for. I had the 75 shot in my car back in the day and it was sweet. Nothing beats that instant rush of power on tap. As far as worrying about your car, you should not run into any problems using the 50 shot. Just remember to frequently check your plugs and that is about it. The only irritating thing is monitoring bottle pressure. That has a huge effect on your nitrous performance and kick. Anyways, have fun and good luck. Do NOT get the intake cone/fogger setup. It is waaaaaaay to far from your IM if you use it with your AEM CAI.

So just go with the drill and tap through the top of the CAI then? hmmm :D

Thanks for the option. It looks like a good way to go but I haven't seen anybody use it though. I will definately think about not buying when I get the set up.

BigLizard 10-03-2006 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by iisylentii
Wow you been modding your car like crazy. What did you do win the lottery? lol i guess not since your not buying a M3 or something like that. But yeah you should do the 3.5 conversion and the type S tb and add a turbo to it and nos. I would love to see the results of that.

M3 is too expensive...and its expensive to mod anyway. I have extra money saved and I've been wanted to dump it into my car for a long time. :D

I've been wanting to go the S/C route cuz it's cheaper. But having a turbo setup sounds so much better. I owned a 1.8 turbo jetta and I loved the spool up sound...then the "PPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH" between shifts. As long as the money flow is good...you'll definately see high numbers by next year.

Once I do juice the car it's going to get dynoed N/A and Juiced to show both numbers :D.

fuzzy02CLS 10-03-2006 07:47 AM

The ZEX dry kit is very safe & very easy to install. I helped put one on somones civic. I have also first hand saw a kit working & installed on a 01CLS. There was a guy local to me that was runing 13.5's at the track with it. He had it installed for over a year with zero problems.
Thw wet kits are a little better, but then you have more work, & then you need some way to control/monitor it. The ZEX dry kit has it's own ECU that makes sure you get the correct amount of fuel & NOS.

shineynitelite 10-03-2006 10:12 AM

Nitrous is the way to go for you..

i find it very odd that you chose to leave out the fact that you blew your car up w/ a 75 shot wet even

Excelerate 10-03-2006 10:29 AM

Quick question: what part # did you get? For what car? B/c they don't list the 01-03 CL. Was it a universal wet or dry kit?

BigLizard 10-03-2006 12:41 PM

i find it very odd that you chose to leave out the fact that you blew your car up w/ a 75 shot wet even

How bad was it?...where are the photos?

Stealth CL 10-03-2006 01:01 PM

im sorry but im biased when it comes to spray..........bottles r 4 babies.

but it is your car

rtatsutani 10-03-2006 04:21 PM

How bad was it?...where are the photos?

He was posting WRONG information.

The REAL story is I used a jet from a friend of mine who claims it was a 75 sized jet. It was apparently not when compared to the newly ordered jet from zex. It was also a DRY setup btw. So that is the sole reason my engine blew piston #2 I think it was. Anyways, that all helped me get to where I am today with a 3.5L build :toocool: Money well spent in my opinion. The car is so fun to drive now n/a, can't beat it.

So that being said, do not insert wrong jets, it IS safe, do NOT get the fogger intake and drill a hole in your existing CAI, and have fun.

Lord Helmet 10-03-2006 04:26 PM

Never been a fan of teh bottle however....

:popcorn:

rtatsutani 10-03-2006 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Quick question: what part # did you get? For what car? B/c they don't list the 01-03 CL. Was it a universal wet or dry kit?

I think it is the 82011 setup. I can double check when i get home. It's one of the safest in my opinion since it has the nitrous/fuel management unit which adjusts FP along with nitrous pressure for safe use.

BigLizard 10-03-2006 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
Never been a fan of teh bottle however....

:popcorn:

You know you'd like to see it in action! :D

BigLizard 10-03-2006 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth CL
im sorry but im biased when it comes to spray..........bottles r 4 babies.

but it is your car

I respect that.

Not everybody is a fan of being juiced for various reasons. I've been going back and fourth on this debate for a long time...I finally gave in because it's cheaper than FI for the time being.

FI will come next year...depending on what kind of setup I do.

BigLizard 10-03-2006 05:32 PM

I think it is the 82011 setup. I can double check when i get home. It's one of the safest in my opinion since it has the nitrous/fuel management unit which adjusts FP along with nitrous pressure for safe use.

www.zex.com does not list our cars on their site :shrug:

When I saw the car kit on www.prostreetonline.com I was :rolling: :loco: :rockon: :run: !

Lord Helmet 10-03-2006 05:43 PM

You know you'd like to see it in action! :D

:nod:

BigLizard 10-03-2006 07:54 PM

Your definately right about the part #.

I hate when sites don't list the cars for the parts though....:what:

fuzzy02CLS 10-04-2006 07:51 AM

As far as I know there's isn't a part # for our car. It's the universal kit.

BigLizard 10-04-2006 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
As far as I know there's isn't a part # for our car. It's the universal kit.

Yes it is. It'll be a good day when she's juiced.

Excelerate 10-04-2006 09:23 AM

Thank you. It is a universal part #.

shineynitelite 10-04-2006 09:44 AM

if you make your own its a TON cheaper

Cocoa 10-04-2006 10:06 AM

used the 125 shot on my old 3.0 engine, and installing it now on the new 3.5L engine. We'll have a video of it tonight.

Cocoa 10-04-2006 10:09 AM

I only run nitrous on plugs with a heat range of 7, and 100 octane or greater.

djpeezy 10-04-2006 11:28 AM

i got that same dry kit in my 99 2.3 CL. no complaints, would reccomend it to anyone!