To Z or to S!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 08:05 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Z or to S!!!

It hard not to go Z for us. It's in our blood, 6 speeds, power, style, handling, grunt. Let's gace it that's what we're all about here fellas we're car-guys. Whether you Z'd or not I think both machines are great. Slightly different sides of the performance envelope - but both great. The CLS engine derived from F1 technology built to scream and make power with revs. The Z's 3.5 has a ton of grunt and if it had a tad bit more torque would almost be like a modular 4.6L in the Mustang GT but the thing really doesn't like to rev all that much. I think a 4.6L Mustang acutally likes to rev more. But it seems like by the time the Z hits 5K in 3'rd it's already doing 90!!!

I think if ACURA had provided sports car suspension, wheels and tires and a better looking body the car would be still in production.

Z or Type S you gotta show respect. Both top dogs in a very competitive market.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:18 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great first post. Both cars are awesome but its a give and take. More performance in a Z, more creature comforts (luxury) in the S. Don't forget about the G cuz thats a great car as well...in between the two others I think.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:30 AM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i didn't like the Z too much when i t first came out, but it has grown on me a lot. It's an awesome car! However, i think before long EVERYONE and their grandma is going to have one. it's a testament to how nice the car is but it's the same reason i never bought an accord: Everyone's got one --- i think i would rather go with a G coupe - i think it looks better and the higher price will keep a lot of people away which may be a good thing in a way
JMHO
Old 06-20-2003, 08:35 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by swclown
i didn't like the Z too much when i t first came out, but it has grown on me a lot. It's an awesome car! However, i think before long EVERYONE and their grandma is going to have one. it's a testament to how nice the car is but it's the same reason i never bought an accord: Everyone's got one --- i think i would rather go with a G coupe - i think it looks better and the higher price will keep a lot of people away which may be a good thing in a way
JMHO
I didn't like the Z much either at first. I kinda like it now, but I still think the maxima doesn't look as good as the previous style. I think the new maxima is kinda of a car that looks good from far away and moving very fast.