Yoko AVS db

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 04:40 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yoko AVS db

JSUPPI,
How do you like the AVS db's. I will be needing new tires soon. I asked this question before when we were on the temp form. I never saw the answer. How are they in the Houston rainstorms? Where did you get yours?
Old 10-08-2001, 07:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Marine1:
<STRONG>JSUPPI,
How do you like the AVS db's. I will be needing new tires soon. I asked this question before when we were on the temp form. I never saw the answer. How are they in the Houston rainstorms? Where did you get yours?</STRONG>
Marine1,
Congrats on getting married If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me anytime, i'm usually pretty good about writing back. As for the dB's, I love them to death. They are a little hard to come by (I got mine @ Discount tire). You've always got the option of ordering them from Tirerack and have them installed at Discount (from what I hear they don't mind). More than likely it will also be cheaper than what I paid for them (unfortunately I didn't have anyplace to store the tires so I couldn't order them from TireRack).

The tires are definetly quieter than stock, and they also do better in the wet, and stick pretty nicely in the dry (and wet for that matter ). The sidewalls are pretty rigid, and hold up pretty nicely to lateral forces on turns.

Again if you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail me or drop me a note on the board Maybe Calvin can get a meet going here pretty soon and you can check it out for yourself.

-Johnny
Old 10-09-2001, 10:01 AM
Racer

JSuppi,
Thanks for the quick reply. One other question. Have you noticed any change in gas mileage with the wider tire? With all the driving that I do, this is also a concern. I am all for a quiter tire though.

It is time for another meet. We need to contact Calvin and try to arrange one.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Marine1:
<STRONG>JSuppi,
Thanks for the quick reply. One other question. Have you noticed any change in gas mileage with the wider tire? With all the driving that I do, this is also a concern. I am all for a quiter tire though.

It is time for another meet. We need to contact Calvin and try to arrange one.</STRONG>
No noticeable decrease in fuel economy for the wider tire. The tire really isn't all that much wider But it does provide significant rim protection (unfortunately too late for me :eek