Would anyone like to speculate.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would anyone like to speculate.....

Ok,

So I got hit last night making a left hand turn. There was a green arrow and I took a late left. The other side got the green, the kid gunned it and he slammed right into my left front wheel. I couldn't have been going faster than 15 mph, and I imagine thats as fast as he got. Oddly enough I only have some light scratches to the body. HOWEVER, I have to turn the wheel almost a 360 degrees to make a 90 degree turn. He nailed the wheel dead on. The wheels feel like their wobbling.

I'm going to have AAA pick it up tomorrow and drop it off at the dealership.

Any speculation on what damage was done? Best case/worst case?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:27 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
uve got suspension damage and ur power steering rack might be bent/toasted. wheel can be out of round.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajca
uve got suspension damage and ur power steering rack might be bent/toasted. wheel can be out of round.
x2 and possibly a bent subframe
also how did he hit the front left if he was coming from the other way (i would think it be the front right)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mistake. It was the front right wheel, not the left.

What kind of repair cost do u think I'm looking at? Don't factor in any damage to the subframe. Strictly steering rack and suspension worst case. I'm not going to take it to the dealer. I'm going to drop it off at another shop in the area that works specificly with honda.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 AM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
(just checking on which side got hit)

well you can't really repair it right if the subframe is bent and you don't replace it, it will never align right and you proably will have weird/excessive tire wear and it proably won't track striaght down the road

but i have seen like a 97-98 odyyessy van (yours is proably worth alot more though) total out from him running into a curb super hard and the only body damage was a cracked front bumper cover but the suspension was wasted on the driver's side it proably had 30 degrees of positive camber (coupler of years ago though)