The Worst Part About Automatic Cls

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the worst part about it isnt the ebrake man, its everything else.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Wait...I just blacked out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the worst thing about my CL is that I have to keep the windows rolled up because if I have them down too many ridiculously attractive women try and jump into the passenger seat. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way fix it? Was there an Acura recall for this? It's really starting to get annoying.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Sideswipe
The worst thing about an automatic CL-S:

You don't like the tranny:

1. Name one other manufacturer that would be willing to fix or replace the entire tranny for free if you haven't already racked up a shitload of miles on the original tranny? Can't name one? Then shut the fuck up.

2. You wish you had a six speed? I can understand if you feel jipped if you baught a 2002 CL-S and Acura came out with the six speed the following year but If you were shopping for a used CL-S and opted for an automatic over a six speed and got disappointed it's your own damn fault for not trying out both before you committed, so shut the fuck up.

3. You're whinning about wanting a damn hand break? Go trade your CL-S in on a Kia and shut the fuck up.

4. The worst thing about and automatic CL-S? CL-S owners that are too childish and/or stupid to understand that except for the little pocket rockets (Integra, RSX) Acura does not design their cars with the intention of being applicable to the ADHD Fast and Furious clowns and zit-faced teenagers. Here's a newsflash for you: Acura's targeted audience for the CL-S was OLDER, MORE MATURE PEOPLE, which means they weren't thinking about you if you're under 40.

5. So you hate the CL-S is FWD/isn't sporty enough for you? Go buy yourself a used NSX. This car is nearly two decades old and still no other mass producing manufacturer has put out anything that can even touch the NSX as a total package exotic. The Ford GT is your best bet but can you afford to pay $125,000 for a GT? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Stop whinning and appreciate the car you own or save up and trade it in for something newer and more expensive...or you can shut the fuck up. Have a nice day.

Still on my
original tranny...btw.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by evan03CL
the worst thing about my CL is that I have to keep the windows rolled up because if I have them down too many ridiculously attractive women try and jump into the passenger seat. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way fix it? Was there an Acura recall for this? It's really starting to get annoying.
I kid you not, man. One of my co-workers, a guy, was talking to me in the parking lot after work when one of my female co-workers walks up to my car and says: "Wow, what a snazzy car! I love those vented leather seats!!"

This one chick I was dating was so crazy about my car she would make VRRRRRRRRRROOOOOM sounds matching the sound of the exhaust everytime I would switch to SS mode and downshift.

I was cruising at CityPlace in downtown West Palm--I slowly rolled to a stop at a stop sign, Rob Zombie thumping from my enclosed 12" sub. A chick crossing the street was eyeballing my car up and down while bopping to the beat of the music and smiling.

And tell me this: Why the hell is it everybody wants to cut ME off? There could be 5 miles of empty highway between my car and the next car behind me and I could be 2 inches from my exit and some nut will speed up in front of me and cut me off. I mean what's the fucking point when all you have to do is just slide over behind me and take the exit?

And why is it alway some boyfriend in his little car with his girlfriend--always some dork in a Hyundai Tiberion or a Civic--that always has to tailgate me? The fuck is up with that?

This car is sex on wheels.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cbusAcuracls

Still on my
original tranny...btw.
DAMN!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:00 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by cbusAcuracls

Still on my
original tranny...btw.
So was my 01 before it was totaled in an accident in Feb/2008.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:59 AM
10th Gear

foot e-brakes belong in trucks, should always have the hand brake otherwise
Old 05-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Sideswipe
The worst thing about an automatic CL-S:

You don't like the tranny:

1. Name one other manufacturer that would be willing to fix or replace the entire tranny for free if you haven't already racked up a shitload of miles on the original tranny? Can't name one? Then shut the fuck up.

2. You wish you had a six speed? I can understand if you feel jipped if you baught a 2002 CL-S and Acura came out with the six speed the following year but If you were shopping for a used CL-S and opted for an automatic over a six speed and got disappointed it's your own damn fault for not trying out both before you committed, so shut the fuck up.

3. You're whinning about wanting a damn hand break? Go trade your CL-S in on a Kia and shut the fuck up.

4. The worst thing about and automatic CL-S? CL-S owners that are too childish and/or stupid to understand that except for the little pocket rockets (Integra, RSX) Acura does not design their cars with the intention of being applicable to the ADHD Fast and Furious clowns and zit-faced teenagers. Here's a newsflash for you: Acura's targeted audience for the CL-S was OLDER, MORE MATURE PEOPLE, which means they weren't thinking about you if you're under 40.

5. So you hate the CL-S is FWD/isn't sporty enough for you? Go buy yourself a used NSX. This car is nearly two decades old and still no other mass producing manufacturer has put out anything that can even touch the NSX as a total package exotic. The Ford GT is your best bet but can you afford to pay $125,000 for a GT? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Stop whinning and appreciate the car you own or save up and trade it in for something newer and more expensive...or you can shut the fuck up. Have a nice day.
LOL! Polite as usual Sideswipe.

But for real. The CL is not by any means a tuner. Go get yourself a Honda, Nissan, or a Mitsubishi.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by evan03CL
Where do you live?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GrandeInter10
Mine aren't broken but they're kinda stuck. I think the gf spilled soda or something and didnt tell me. it gets kinda stuck. like if there's something sticky holding it
Just take the whole arm rest/center console out and clean it. Thats what I did. And man it was nasty! sprayed some lube onto the gears that make it work and i swear it springs open faster now. its not hard, only like 8 screws to remove it from your car and just bring it into your house and start taking it apart and cleaning it. speaking of e-brakes, the e-brake cable is under there so its a good time to lube that up too.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-Slick
could you buy the parts from a 6-speed and convert it into a hand e-brake?
Yes. Very easily

Originally Posted by gc86
Nah i'd rather push a button instead of sliding some stiff cover back.
The cup holder them selves are far superior. They hold cans and medium drink cups WAY better than the ones on the automatics.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Suzuka Master

We have 2 sizes too. Maybe your thinking of the ones before the upgraded inserts.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RYANGP
the worst part about the automatic CL is the glass transmission. a hand e-brake would have been cool though
x2