Winshield Price???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winshield Price???

I was just turned onto a service road, on the way to buy a keyboard for my PS2 (gotta have one for the smacktalk on SOCOM, just too much fun, but that's another story), and in front of me was an Expedition. A few minutes into driving behind it, I heard a BANG, and now I am priveleged to have a nice crack in the winshield. I guess that's better than the rock hitting the hood. So, now my question. Does anyone know how much a new winshield may cost? Especially sux, cuz I think its going to expand and I have to pass the inspection in a little over a month. Damnit, why aren't splash guards/mud flaps standard on trucks/suvs! Thanks for listening.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Race Director

Does not your insurance cover glass with a zero deductable and no penalties? Just asking cause mine does....
Old 02-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Intermediate

actually, good question ... haha, i have to check that out, i forgot about that ... thanks for the reminder hahaha ... in the past, i've paid for the glass, cuz i was driving my parents car, and they didn't have full coverage
Old 02-05-2003, 07:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
actually windshield repair's normally are covered by your comprenshive portion of your insurance policy. Depending on what you have your deductible set at for the comprehensive, you would only pay out of your own pocket the deductible amount. if the windsheild repair is less than your deductible you have to pay for the entire windsheild repair. if the repair is more than the deductible, you pay the deductible and the insurance company covers the difference.

i have a $100 deductible on my policy so when my windshield cracked because of a rock i only paid the $100 and my insurance company paid the remaining $533. Lucky for me i signed up for a lower deductible.

the windsheild repair for a CL-S with OEM glass ran $633 with parts and labor.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Intermediate

damn, just checked, i have $500 deductible towards glass ... so, looks like i'm gonna have to eat the bulk of it, but i'll be shopping around ... oem would be nice, but don't think it's that important