Windows-is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows-is this normal?

I have a 03 Cl-S Auto and I've had it since late July. My question is, these windows really suck. They fog like crazy, and whne they arent fogged, they get dirty pretty quick. Also, it seems as if the windows always have a slight layer of fog or something, because they dont seem to be as clear when looking through them as other windows. Is this normal for the Cl? Also, I am about to get tint soon, will this make a difference?
Old 10-22-2002, 06:33 PM
Broke youngster :(

03 windows must be ghey.

My windows are beautiful, especially with that outstanding ZAINO shine. Pluse I got mine tinted.

Nick
Old 10-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure your not talking about the haze you get on the inside of the windows from the vinyl inside the car "outgassing?"

In all of the car's I've owned, when it has been sunny and/or hot out, I've gotten a film on the inside of my windows. My previous car, a Maxima SE, was much worse and it I left it out in the sun on a hot day without putting up front and rear silver sun screens, I'd be wiping down the inside before going anywhere...

Different plastic and dash materials can have slightly different compositions that can make for some serious outgassing.

If you can wipe the film off the inside of the front window, it's probably "outgassing" from any of the myriad plastic surfaces in the car (heck, even the seats are top coated).

While I hate to recommend putting "stuff" on the dash, you could try some 303 protectant on the dash:

This is related to clear plastic, but…

”4) Encapsulation of Plasticizers: 303 Aerospace Protectant bonds with clear vinyl in such a way that encapsulates and reduces outgassing (evaporative loss of plasticizers) to maintain softness and flexibility and significantly increase its useful life.

5) UV Screening: 303 Aerospace Protectant is the only effective vehicle to achieve and maintain maximum UV protection. Periodic applications of 303 Aerospace Protectant will keep clear vinyl looking and performing like brand-new year after year and will dramatically extend its useful life…”

http://www.303products.com/techinfo/...ar_windows.htm
Old 10-22-2002, 06:57 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Eric you are right. I hate it! Does tinting help fix this? I'm getting 28% tint soon
Old 10-22-2002, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

try a different cleaning solution... do you garage your car?... it might be a moisture problem... I have tint and my windows are awesome... I just rain-Xed them the other day for the first time and I have not had a chance to drive it at night and see.. but they do make a interior Rain-X (anti-fog) for your windows, but I dunno about using it on tinted windows..

Smitty
Old 10-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Renegade
Eric you are right. I hate it! Does tinting help fix this? I'm getting 28% tint soon
Tinting should help with this...

IMO, sun screens would really help

I haven't tried the suggestion re: the Rain-x, etc -- but, you might consider that (I just don't have a clue about how it works on the inside of the glass)

Do you have a good microfiber towel or two to wipe up the "haze" when you are "on the run?"

I mention the MF (microfiber towel) as I keep a couple in the car and when I get "slimed" with a little film, I can just do a dry-wipe to "de-muck" the window (It’s not a “solution”, but it can “help out” when you need to get home driving into the setting sun…)

BTW, some good MF glass towels can be had for about $2 - $4 each depending on vendor...

BTW2 - I've got some stuff I'm "playing" with that works well on the outside for chip protection and seems to help with outside "dirt clean up" issues (and water spots)...