Windnoise

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002 | 04:46 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

Windnoise

Hey all...

Does anyone else hear more wind noise that usual, like a slight whistling noise sometimes...but I do get a lot of the deeper sounding wind while driving on the freeway.....do I have to take my car back and them seal anything....
I just dont remember that much noise before......maybe I'm wrong

thanks for any suggestions...
Old 04-16-2002 | 04:53 PM
on bin laden

Re: Windnoise

Originally posted by RaptorCLS
Hey all...

Does anyone else hear more wind noise that usual, like a slight whistling noise sometimes...but I do get a lot of the deeper sounding wind while driving on the freeway.....do I have to take my car back and them seal anything....

if you have the sunroof open, then yes, it is a known problem, and beaten to death on here ... but since the search is down ... bring 'er in to the dealer and ask them to service is and reference the TSB's.
Old 04-16-2002 | 06:20 PM
Banned

Re: Windnoise

Originally posted by RaptorCLS
Hey all...

No, I think you're right! That is and has been my number one complaint with this car. The wind noise is way out of line for a car in this price range. When I took delivery of my CLS my way home took me directly to an interstate. After 5 miles on the interstate I turned around and took the car back and told them something was wrong. They gave me another CLS to drive at interstate speeds to see if the problem could be duplicated. Guess what, the other CLS had the same wind noise. Finally, I asked to drive a third CLS and the same problem was there in it too. I got back in my CLS and drove home a little disappointed in what I had just purchased. However, if it's any consolation I don't notice it as much now that I've had the car for 2 years.
Old 04-16-2002 | 07:03 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

thanx

THANKS ALL......I appreciate the input....