The wildest night of my life...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:46 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wildest night of my life...(long)

I just bought a 2001 3.2CL-S Auto last week. It is bone-stock and, needless to say, I'm having fun with it. Last night was the best time I've had with my car so far, and probably one of the funnest nights of my life. From 8:30pm Saturday to 2:00am Sunday I raced 5 cars and had more fun than I've had in a long time. The night started with a 1989 Honda Civic 5-sp Hatchback. The car belongs to a friend of my sisters' (her prom date actually). Ever since I got my car last friday, this kid was talking junk that no "stock" Acura could beat his Honda with thousands of dollars of mods, 100's of hours of work, and an "illegal" engine swap (don't ask me what that means...). He wouldn't let me look under the hood. Well, my sister set it up for us to meet and the little punk didnt even get out of his car. He just said "let's race". Long story short here, he got smoked. I'm not sure he knew how to drive a stick cause his engine was screaming, but he didn't go anywhere off the line (I think he was riding the clutch). By the time I shifted into 3rd I was like 3-4 car lengths ahead so I shut it down. He got all mad and took off without my sister... jerk. Kill 1.

Next was a 2001 Lexus IS300 Auto. Me and my girl were looking for a ride for my sister so we called her friend (the owner of the Lex). She came with her boyfriend and, upon seeing my new car, her boyfriend asked if I wanted to race. I was still pumped up, so I said sure. We were at a stop sign, and there were 4 people watching - my girlfriend, his girlfriend, my sister, and the town crackhead, Hoff Dogg. His GF waved it and we took off, he got the jump on me but by about 6000 in 2nd, I was catching up. I hit third and passed him. We had to stop just as I was getting 4th, because of a curve in the road. It was hard to tell who won. My sister said me. Our GF's said tie. and Hoff Dogg said the Klingon's were coming for him. Tie 1.

After I got rid of my sister, I got a call from a friend telling me to come to town. There were like 6 guys there all racing and hanging out, but this one dude with a E430 kept talking junk. He says "I got a V-8! None of yall little 4 bangers or V-6's can beat me." I thought I would take my chances against the grandpa car, and it payed off. I don't know what the dudes problem was, but it was'nt even a contest. By 75, I was like 3 car lengths ahead and he wasn't gaining, so I shut down. Kill 2.

Next, a kid that was there (he couldn't have been more than 16) wanted to race in his Mazda Protege 5 door. I thought he was joking. The thing looked like he built it wit lawn-mowing money. He insisted. I learned a new word last night though - sleeper. I got rolled. We raced on the same street as the E430. It was pretty much neck and neck the entire way, until I shifted to 4th and had like 1/2 carlength on him. I can't explain what happened next. I had it floored, but somehow he FLEW by. He swore to me that he didn't have NOS, but I've never seen a wicked boost of power like that without nitrous. I lost 25 bucks and a little bit of my pride last night. It was a tough lesson to learn, especially from a PROTEGE!!! I always imagined my first loss coming from a Porche or a 350Z or something, not a Mazda. Loss 1.

The last race of the night was one of my best friends and his Subaru Impreza 4 door 2.5 (no turbo). I knew it was just for fun so I wasn't worried about losing or anything. We were waved on and I punched it. Jusk as I shifted to 2nd, I heard a huge CRACK! I thought I blew something so I stopped. I didn't know until I got out that it wasn't me. The Subaru's rear end blew and he lost control and went into a ditch. Everyone that was there just got scared and took off. Nice friends huh. Well, being that we live in Potter Valley (pop 340), we left the car there and I drove him home and me and my girl stayed there for the night. All three of us just woke up like at 4pm and I drove him to his Dad's house.

Well, that's it. Sorry about the freakin novel I wrote, but I knew that if anyone would appreciate the story of one of the wildest nights of my life, it would be all the crazy people on this board. Peace.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Blown LS6!!

Nice kills/killed. Just don't get killed yourself. You're 18 - don't wreck your shiney new Acura.

Civic - ya win most, and some will surprise you.

Lexus - you should have won hands down. Sounds like you were in Auto mode 'cuz 3rd gear goes up to 108mph.

E430 - very surprised you won that one

Protege - again, sounds like you were in Auto mode and the car went into 4th gear. 4th is a dawg! Never race over 110mph cuz our autos start craaaaawling.

Again, be careful. Take it to the track, learn to drive SS mode, and make sure your traction control is off.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:44 PM
9th Gear

Yeah all races were in straight Auto mode with VSA off except the Civic I tried my hand at SS. I havn't mastered the skill yet so I thought I should just auto it for the rest of the night.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Racer

now, I don't wanna be mean...

...but what the heck is wrong with this picture? A worked Civic thinks his car is the fastest ever... and can't even beat out a stock CL-s? And then a Lexus GS thinking he's got the fastest car in the world? The protege was the only one with some sense... cuz he was definitely squeezing.

My point is that all of the above cars are relatively slow, and there plenty of stockers that will put a hurting on all of them. Enough so, that I would be hesitant to talk smack about speed at all, knowing there are a mllion and one cars faster than me... from the factory. If you're not running at LEAST a 13.5, I wouldn't even dream of hating on other people's cars so easily.

In fact, my personal benchmark is 11.xx... if you're running 11.xx, you're beating *most* street cars... so then you can probably run your mouth pretty freely. But if you're running low 15's, like that Civic was... I probably would keep my freaking mouth shut!