Why some people are completely ignorant?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:29 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh, I think any girl that takes any initiative to work on her car, even if they fuck it up, is good in my book. I'm a player in every sense of the word, and I don't discriminate
Old 09-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Although most females know less than the average male about cars, is this too surprising?? Additionally, I know many males who are completely ignorant about cars or anything mechanical for that matter.

Singling females out seems logical but it also makes sense. It is not in most female’s upbringing or nature to care for the mechanical aspects of vehicles. Most have other unrelated interests. At the same time there are many men who are this way and are not gay. They just have varied interests.

Are women who know nothing about cars idiots or just prefer other parts of life?? If that is the case, what is the cut off in knowledge?? I know more about cars than many on this forum but I do not think they are idiots; they just haven't had the exposure. So what if these supposed idiots had father's who taught them nothing because they knew nothing?? Wouldn't that turn this back around to the males?? To know something is to learn it. If you were provided a car, drove it but was never taught anything nor had interests in it, why would you one day just know what to do with it??

BTW, my girls are going to be taught at an early age. Wait until I get the pictures back from them in and on a Z06. Oh yea, they will learn to drive on a manual transmission as I feel it develops greater skill and attention to driving.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:20 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by zamo
adding water to the engine opening the oil cap (thinking that it was the radiator) is the most moronic thing i've ever heard from a fem.
This was before I knew her, but my girl's friend put ATF in my girl's coolant overflow reservoir once. :shakehd:
Old 09-11-2003, 09:49 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Originally posted by Bulldog01
This was before I knew her, but my girl's friend put ATF in my girl's coolant overflow reservoir once. :shakehd:

wooooooof :-*
Old 09-11-2003, 10:15 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Always the logical one! Then again we are all idiots to your knowledge of cars.

Originally posted by scalbert
Although most females know less than the average male about cars, is this too surprising?? Additionally, I know many males who are completely ignorant about cars or anything mechanical for that matter.

Singling females out seems logical but it also makes sense. It is not in most female’s upbringing or nature to care for the mechanical aspects of vehicles. Most have other unrelated interests. At the same time there are many men who are this way and are not gay. They just have varied interests.

Are women who know nothing about cars idiots or just prefer other parts of life?? If that is the case, what is the cut off in knowledge?? I know more about cars than many on this forum but I do not think they are idiots; they just haven't had the exposure. So what if these supposed idiots had father's who taught them nothing because they knew nothing?? Wouldn't that turn this back around to the males?? To know something is to learn it. If you were provided a car, drove it but was never taught anything nor had interests in it, why would you one day just know what to do with it??

BTW, my girls are going to be taught at an early age. Wait until I get the pictures back from them in and on a Z06. Oh yea, they will learn to drive on a manual transmission as I feel it develops greater skill and attention to driving.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ferizzo
Always the logical one! Then again we are all idiots to your knowledge of cars.
Naw, I'm just a boring, singularly focused individual.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Race Director

The only thing I gotta say about the girl and the turbo beetle,

HA HA HA. at least she killed something useless like a beetle.

had it been oh, say.. a 350z or something like that, I would personally hunt her down and make her drink the tranmission fluid.

and of course ive posted over 100 posts in 2 days.. ive been sick and this is much better than laying on the couch all day
Old 09-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

I started reading without checking who wrote it. I thought it was Jimcol:P

Originally posted by scalbert

Old 09-12-2003, 03:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by bullaculla
Eww, that hurts...
Old 09-12-2003, 06:22 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Originally posted by bullaculla
Old 09-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Drifting

Scalbert: You are right. Guys are not immune. I used to have a girlfriend who made pamela anderson look like a dog, but unfortunately, stupidity was a common gene trait in this family.

Karen had a younger brother. He asked us once to follow him to the gas station, and I said ok, I figured he was going to drop the car off for some work and needed a ride home.

We got there and he pulled up to the air pump for the tires. Curious, no?

Without the use of a jack, or fer christs sake, even a house brick, he proceeded to let the air completely out of his tires, and then he added FRESH AIR! This was done by him religously, twice a year.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Racer

soooo.... the rumor is true . the original "airhead " wasn't a female afterall.