Why do Cavaliers flex??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 09:54 AM
Midnight Marauder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do Cavaliers flex??

so I'm driving up this street after work and I want to get home fast so I'm heavy footing it. As I take off from a stop light I notice a Cavalier flooring it and moving up fast from behind. He's racing me even though I easily beat him off the line. Since I'm at my coasting speed at this point he's just about at my side and I look over and smile while down-shifting to third and flooring it. WOT sounds good and the speed feels good as I pull quickly past him. He was probably on the ragged edge of his car while I was still in third just going into the 4500 rpm range.

I shift into his lane and flash my hazards. He He! I know it was an easy kill but why do Cavaliers flex so much? Just like with the new Lancer they make the throttle real sensitive so that o start-up and around town it seems like there is power.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:07 AM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Hey, somebody has to think that a low budget bow-tie car can do something. I think it is sort of like penis envy for a car. They see what the Camaro and 'Vette can do and just assume they can go just as fast - YEAH RIGHT!

Anyways, I'm not even gonna say nice kill - but more like easy, because on a good warm day, you could've out run the little fucker on foot in the street!

Next time Nomad, just laugh at him hysterically and keep in in third the whole time - just to piss him off!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:33 AM
Midnight Marauder

Yeah not a worthy kill

I did let him get neck and neck punching it.

I need to take my camera with me to work sometime so that I can get a pic of this guy in a ford something (old contour??) that has japanese and english versions of the type R stickers all over his car.
Seriously, ALL OVER.

Huge rear window, various sizes of THE SAME STICKER on the sides and on his side mirrors, a big banner on the windshield and a few fat tips on his rusty stock muffler. I still can't figure out if he's joking or serious.

The way he drives and tries to look mean with his straight arm on the steering wheel and his head barely above the window I'd say he's serious about his Type-R Ford.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Banned

Yeah, those Cavaliers are real torque monsters. I'd put full length subframe connectors in there to cut down on the flex.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Leave those poor Cavaliers alone.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:53 AM
Cause stock sux.

Regular Cavaliers eat shit. But watch out for the Z24. My buddy has a modded one and they can give us 1st Gens a run for our money. He tops out at 135 mph+...Totally different engine than the regular Cavs. 16 Valve DOHCs if I remember correctly. ECU is advanced as hell too.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:09 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

DAMN!!!!

Someone has shamed us again but this time with a Ford Contour.

If this shit keeps up, I'll have no choice but to dump my Probe GT and find another toy car to play with.

Why don't people just realize that the only damn ford worth revving and racing is a damn Cobra! Maybe an F-150 Lightning, or an aftermarket GT - Saleen, Rousch, Mc Claren.