who's the youngest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 12:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by KCPreki11:
<STRONG>

Wow we have a bunch of young rich people here. My dad could never afford a CLS and he's late 40's. This group is very straight ahead focused and dedicated to making it big. A lot better than </STRONG>
Yes very true, If you find one of the post regarding everyone's education level and job you'll notice alot of us are in the tech field and doing the right thing. 30K plus car isn't really one of the most afforadable cars you know. I respect everyone who has it made and is young or old because that just shows how hard your ass worked to get this far.

Everyday when I walk away from my car after I lock it I realize damnn all my hard work payed off. and smile.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:54 AM
Burning Brakes

I am 3
Old 08-03-2001, 02:42 AM
6th Gear

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
<STRONG>

Yes very true, If you find one of the post regarding everyone's education level and job you'll notice alot of us are in the tech field and doing the right thing. 30K plus car isn't really one of the most afforadable cars you know. I respect everyone who has it made and is young or old because that just shows how hard your ass worked to get this far.

Everyday when I walk away from my car after I lock it I realize damnn all my hard work payed off. and smile.</STRONG>

Well im a hater....esp on those who dont work their ass off for their cars.....cause in most cases they take shit for granted. I agree with the IT field paying off, cause i am loving it........21.....no Cl-S yet but i have enough payments for my townhouse and my student loans(last yr of college )........could buy the Cl-S now, but then my ass will be eating my furniture .......naaaa i'll just wait.
Old 08-03-2001, 05:17 AM
got kUsToM?

im 17 with 2001 silver CL-P, owned 99 black CL 3.0 after turned 15. someone crashed in to me before my 17 birthday, first car was totaled lost so bought new CL-P week before my 17 birthday.
Old 08-03-2001, 06:19 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Got the car at 17, I'm 18 now.

Parents paid for it, I try to chip in once in a while with the $$$ I make.

Pay for the mods myself.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:09 PM
ACME sucks!

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
<STRONG>got the car at 19. im 20 now.

100% my money including insurance, working my ass off.</STRONG>
Good for you! How does a young person learn responsibility if everything is handed to them?

BTW, there was a study done recently on how spoiled kids are these days. Did you guys hear about this?

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Wyle E. Coyote ]
Old 08-03-2001, 01:12 PM
ACME sucks!

Originally posted by Infamuz:
<STRONG>The younger people are smarter now!</STRONG>
Get real! Because technology has changed a lot in the past 10 years, that doesn't mean kids are smarter these days. Hell, I think they're not "as" smart because everything is too easy for them.

The economy has been good for a while, that's the deal.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:06 PM
10th Gear

I am only 21 and I own a TL-S and a CL-S, Got the TL-S for my wife and three year old and CL-S for me, but what the hell I did get all of these certifications for something (MCSE+I 2000,CCIE and a C++ engineer)
All those long nights of studying did pay off though, especially when you get pulled over, and the got damn coper ask "Is this your car son?" or something like "Are you sure if I go and run your plates the car is going to come back registered to you?" I just love it, cause I always be sure to let the coper know that "When you have a good education and a far way better job than giving people tickets all day in this hot ass wheather you can afford toys like this." and then I speed off telling myself "kiss my ass coper boy"

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Jason_CL ]
Old 08-07-2001, 07:55 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SPOLILED BRATS - I'M JEALOUS
Old 08-07-2001, 08:09 PM
Racer

Paid for it and the insurance, also have a town home in the city. :p
Old 08-07-2001, 08:10 PM
Racer

Heck yeah I got a silver star! Oh yeah, I am just 21
Old 08-07-2001, 08:41 PM
ALi G in the House!

i'm 19 too..amir why u copy me
Old 08-07-2001, 08:45 PM
Suzuka Master

What i don't understand is how some of u (JasonCL and NovaWhiteTypeS) go so fast from HS to ur job with no college. IF your working already at 21 and graduated at 18 thats only 2 years of college? HOw did u jump so fast? ur not in a co op job r u? N most of u with CLS and TLS live in townhouses and not apartments, not real houses. Cuz most of us are more into cars then houses
Old 08-08-2001, 12:58 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Jason_CL:
<STRONG>but what the hell I did get all of these certifications for something (MCSE+I 2000,CCIE and a C++ engineer)

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Jason_CL ]</STRONG>

god damn.. CCIE.. i take the CCNA friday (im 17 by the way) Good work on all the certs.. seems like your doing well
Old 08-08-2001, 03:39 AM
Advanced

bought car while 19 being my second car
first one was 99 Honda Civic EX which I had spent over 10k on just performance

bought car when it just came out... like a week after it came out... bought it with navi and wing for $37k and paid 10.(something) percent on the interest rate... so $427(something) I think I paid more than anyone :-(... but I wanted to buy it all on my own without my dad's credit to help me... since my dad cosigned on last car... and I hated seeing his name on the bills

Sr. Network Engineer, and consulting on the side. I've worked very hard to get to where I am. Just moved out July 8th to my first own apartment :-)

btw... my Civic I totalled it... pics can be seen http://angelicus.thewebzone.net/civic
I used the civic as down payment for this car.

Thanks,
Ramiel
Old 08-08-2001, 12:07 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by LarryB:
<STRONG>

god damn.. CCIE.. i take the CCNA friday (im 17 by the way) Good work on all the certs.. seems like your doing well</STRONG>
Dude let me tell you somthing, I have been working on cisco, windows, linux and unix systems sence I was only 16. It took me from then all the way till I was 20 of working with it everyday for 14-17 hours a day to get what I have accoplished. But when you got a family to start thinking about at that young of an age your able to accomplish a lot more than usual. You said your getting your CCNA on friday? That is awsome man(I remember when i first got it), but dont at any reguard stop there, Learn any and everything you can get your brain in, Because in this feild you can learn forever, and more knowledge is more power in this Fuged up world. Sorry for talking so much about computer crap in a CL-S forum.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:13 PM
10th Gear

<STRONG>What i don't understand is how some of u (JasonCL and NovaWhiteTypeS) go so fast from HS to ur job with no college. IF your working already at 21 and graduated at 18 thats only 2 years of college? HOw did u jump so fast? ur not in a co op job r u? N most of u with CLS and TLS live in townhouses and not apartments, not real houses. Cuz most of us are more into cars then houses</STRONG>

I droped out of HS in 10th Grade, so thats how I did it so fast, and no I diddnt get my G.E.D (Good enough diploma). So I am proof that you dont need a High School education to get by in a corperate world. But I still wish I had it, Kinda makes me feel like a dumbass whenever people are talking about there HS years and they look at me, and I say, "Uh Uh Oh yea"
Old 08-08-2001, 12:21 PM
Suzuka Master

<STRONG>

I droped out of HS in 10th Grade, so thats how I did it so fast, and no I diddnt get my G.E.D (Good enough diploma). So I am proof that you dont need a High School education to get by in a corperate world. But I still wish I had it, Kinda makes me feel like a dumbass whenever people are talking about there HS years and they look at me, and I say, "Uh Uh Oh yea"</STRONG>

So as a kid u were on the computer 24/7. So let me get this straight...you dropped outta HS after 10th grade on purpose to go work for a company and your rents were fine with this?
Old 08-08-2001, 12:45 PM
10th Gear

<STRONG>

So as a kid u were on the computer 24/7. So let me get this straight...you dropped outta HS after 10th grade on purpose to go work for a company and your rents were fine with this?</STRONG>

Yes I was drilling my head with as much information as I could 24/7, 365 a year.
And yes I dropped out of HS on purpose but it wasnt to go and work for a company. At first I was bussing tables at the local IHOP and Denny's. Untill my girlfreind got pregnant, thats when I started working for a company in there help desk group. It all started from there. But I have always read up and taught myself all the copmuter information I could, sence I was 15.
I wasnt living with my parents so they really couldnt say anything but they diddnt like it. Because of course they were thinking that they where going to end up supporting my broke ass at the time.
Old 08-08-2001, 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

<STRONG>

Yes I was drilling my head with as much information as I could 24/7, 365 a year.
And yes I dropped out of HS on purpose but it wasnt to go and work for a company. At first I was bussing tables at the local IHOP and Denny's. Untill my girlfreind got pregnant, thats when I started working for a company in there help desk group. It all started from there. But I have always read up and taught myself all the copmuter information I could, sence I was 15.
I wasnt living with my parents so they really couldnt say anything but they diddnt like it. Because of course they were thinking that they where going to end up supporting my broke ass at the time.</STRONG>
WOW i woulda felt bad for u back then. that has to be a bad feeling working at dennys having no clue how to support urslef and then ur g/f gets pregnant. so u just read the web and books and then applied for a job. i'm suprised u got one with no HS aploma or no college degrees?
Old 08-08-2001, 02:31 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

I had a buddy who bought a 3 series when he was 19. Used to be proud of the fact, even bragged about how he did it with HIS money, "no help from my parents".

Trust funds and inheritance don't count as YOUR money boys.
Old 08-08-2001, 02:44 PM
10th Gear

<STRONG>

WOW i woulda felt bad for u back then. that has to be a bad feeling working at dennys having no clue how to support urslef and then ur g/f gets pregnant. so u just read the web and books and then applied for a job. i'm suprised u got one with no HS aploma or no college degrees?</STRONG>
Well I kinda Lied to the company I was applying for becuase I knew they wouldnt hire me if they knew I was ust another Dumbass. I told them I was really smart and I had Graduaded early. But what they dont know wont hurt them, besides you wont believe the shinit people will do when they got other mouths to feed.
Old 08-08-2001, 02:56 PM
10th Gear

Trust funds and inheritance don't count as YOUR money boys. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Well I wish I had a trust fund or even an inheritance, then maybe I would really be rich, but I understand that some people need to use something for an excuse for the success of us young people.
"There will always be haters" Is what I was told and they in the long run will be worst off, because they spend there whole life hating the success of others the world just passes right by them.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:41 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<STRONG>Trust funds and inheritance don't count as YOUR money boys. </STRONG>

Well I wish I had a trust fund or even an inheritance, then maybe I would really be rich, but I understand that some people need to use something for an excuse for the success of us young people.
"There will always be haters" Is what I was told and they in the long run will be worst off, because they spend there whole life hating the success of others the world just passes right by them.[/QB][/QUOTE]

hehe. Thanks for the laugh Jason. As usual some of you younger guys have a lot to learn.

I am very proud to “know” some of the younger members here. Those who can afford these cars at the ages they do. Quite a few of them are way outside the curve in terms of maturity, and common sense. I would hire many of them in a minute.

I also have great respect for those who admit the vehicle has been bought and paid for by the folks. It shows courage and honesty. Not to mention the fact that they probably are not prone to being “sheep”, like so many of their counterparts.

I most likely would have had a car bought for me by my folks, because that's the kind of parents they were. But it was not within their means. My teenage years were in a recession, so there was not a lot of spare cash lying around the house. Let alone enough to by me a car.

There is no doubt that those who work for what they have, enjoy it more, are generally more well rounded people, have a better sense of well being, and greater self esteem.

As far as being a "hater", don't flatter yourself. It is a very long life. At least for those who make it. Those of you who have found success very early, but take it for granted are in for a rude awakening eventually. I just wish I could be there when guys like you hit a bump in the road, and instead of knowing how to deal with it, place a gun in your mouth. Do me a favor have your relatives save the slug for me. I have a collection.
Old 08-08-2001, 04:06 PM
ACME sucks!

Originally posted by Rock Dog:
<STRONG>

hehe. Thanks for the laugh Jason. As usual some of you younger guys have a lot to learn.

I am very proud to “know” some of the younger members here. Those who can afford these cars at the ages they do. Quite a few of them are way outside the curve in terms of maturity, and common sense. I would hire many of them in a minute.

I also have great respect for those who admit the vehicle has been bought and paid for by the folks. It shows courage and honesty. Not to mention the fact that they probably are not prone to being “sheep”, like so many of their counterparts.

I most likely would have had a car bought for me by my folks, because that's the kind of parents they were. But it was not within their means. My teenage years were in a recession, so there was not a lot of spare cash lying around the house. Let alone enough to by me a car.

There is no doubt that those who work for what they have, enjoy it more, are generally more well rounded people, have a better sense of well being, and greater self esteem.

As far as being a "hater", don't flatter yourself. It is a very long life. At least for those who make it. Those of you who have found success very early, but take it for granted are in for a rude awakening eventually. I just wish I could be there when guys like you hit a bump in the road, and instead of knowing how to deal with it, place a gun in your mouth. Do me a favor have your relatives save the slug for me. I have a collection.</STRONG>
Yep, it all depends on when you grow up. I graduated HS in 1985 and jobs were not plentiful. In fact, the market was so bad in Houston my family had to move to Dallas. Unfortunately, they didn't have the money to send me to college so I enlisted in the Air Force so I could go to college later, which I did. BTW, I bought my first car, a 1971 Impala, from my Grandpa for $400 after I graduated.

The economy has been very strong since 1993 and you younger folks have had it very easy up to this point, IMO. Things can change very fast though, and you better be prepared. When the job market really starts looking grim, only those with the highest education levels and the most experience will be working.
Old 08-08-2001, 05:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Jason_CL! and welcome to the forum.
Most companies and jobs nowadays look for a college degree before certs and experience. Go for a job at Merryl Lynch or IBM and see how far you get.

Sure you can survive on small companies and organizations that take experience over degrees BUT eventually your lack of education will bite you in the ass.

Who am I to say this? A carbon copy of you (minus the baby). I have been in the IT industry just as long and yeah I have the experience yadda yadda yadda and a dime to boot. I don't have a college degree and at times regret it, in fact i'm going back for my 4 year degree so IBM or ML or another big fish will pick me up.

No offense but having 2 30K cars at 21 is no great accomplishment anyone's gonna be hating on you for my friend, it just means you push more income to your cars and other things suffer. Maybe your little 19 year old friends will drool at you and affirm you as "the man" but it's only a fucking car, find other ways to boost your own ego. I had a GSX (27K) when I was your age and I knew it was no big deal. Now I have a CLS and I consider myself practical as much more expensive cars were in my range but I also realized I like travelling and houses and other things too. (Would you like to see the house I'm buying at 26? or wonder where I have travelled so far?)

Be careful spouting your mouth off around here trying to act like your the man and don't expect us to be soo proud of you for not finishing high school. You will find that there are MANY members here that have alot of money, self made or inherited, and honestly, I don't give a fuck if you have 2 or ten million dollars. Just be cool and try not to push your overly materialistic views out to us 'oldies' cuz we've been there and done that and soon enough, when some guy in a M3 tears you a new one you'll realize your simply a guppy in a very large pond. Deal with it.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: eclipse23 ]
Old 08-08-2001, 05:06 PM
- daemonichris -

hi i'm 18
Old 08-08-2001, 05:31 PM
10th Gear

As far as being a "hater", don't flatter yourself. It is a very long life. At least for those who make it. Those of you who have found success very early, but take it for granted are in for a rude awakening eventually. I just wish I could be there when guys like you hit a bump in the road, and instead of knowing how to deal with it, place a gun in your mouth. Do me a favor have your relatives save the slug for me. I have a collection.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Look there is absolutely nothing to be flattered about. I missed out on all and I mean all my HS years whats so cool about that? By "haters" I was referring to the punks that cant show an ounce of graditude for someone trying to improve themselves at any age. And as far as hitting a bump in the road and knowing how to deal with it "smart ass" how does age play any part in that? It all depends on how strong you are inside your soul and in your heart, you know like the 46 year old stock broker that lost alot of money on a deal or something stupid like that and just couldnt "deal with it" went home and killed his wife and two kids. See he wasnt young dumb and full of cum. But life came up and bit him on the ass just like it could happen to you or me or
anybody else for that matter. All that I am trying to say is everyone is in the same race, and untill we can all get along and haters will quit hating nothing will come together.
Old 08-08-2001, 06:17 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by eclipse23:
<STRONG>Hi Jason_CL! and welcome to the forum.
Most companies and jobs nowadays look for a college degree before certs and experience. Go for a job at Merryl Lynch or IBM and see how far you get.

Sure you can survive on small companies and organizations that take experience over degrees BUT eventually your lack of education will bite you in the ass.

Who am I to say this? A carbon copy of you (minus the baby). I have been in the IT industry just as long and yeah I have the experience yadda yadda yadda and a dime to boot. I don't have a college degree and at times regret it, in fact i'm going back for my 4 year degree so IBM or ML or another big fish will pick me up.

No offense but having 2 30K cars at 21 is no great accomplishment anyone's gonna be hating on you for my friend, it just means you push more income to your cars and other things suffer. Maybe your little 19 year old friends will drool at you and affirm you as "the man" but it's only a fucking car, find other ways to boost your own ego. I had a GSX (27K) when I was your age and I knew it was no big deal. Now I have a CLS and I consider myself practical as much more expensive cars were in my range but I also realized I like travelling and houses and other things too. (Would you like to see the house I'm buying at 26? or wonder where I have travelled so far?)

Be careful spouting your mouth off around here trying to act like your the man and don't expect us to be soo proud of you for not finishing high school. You will find that there are MANY members here that have alot of money, self made or inherited, and honestly, I don't give a fuck if you have 2 or ten million dollars. Just be cool and try not to push your overly materialistic views out to us 'oldies' cuz we've been there and done that and soon enough, when some guy in a M3 tears you a new one you'll realize your simply a guppy in a very large pond. Deal with it.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: eclipse23 ]</STRONG>

Thats why when all my freinds were going to work at nortel or cisco, I was telling them not to go because they dont care about you. And then what happen to nortel and cisco? They fired thousands and thousands of people. Infact no employers care about anyone, unless they make their company money, and thats stupid but hey its buisness and I understand.

"Oh and Would you like to see the house that I bought at 19". that was a very stupid remark you made I am the last person to give a rats ass about cars, houses boats or anything that you can buy with money. I mean are these things going to follow you to the after life I dont think so.

In fact one of the first things that I went and did when I got my car was tint the windows so dark that no one could see me inside, I'm not a show boat.Besides all of my old town buddies that you thought I went and bragged to about my cars still live 6 hours away from me. I wouldnt drive that far to show off a car.

Having two 30K cars doesnt make me feel like the man. Having a beutiful wife and son are the only things in my life that I am proud of.

I dont just pour all my money to my cars and house. I pour it into things like a college education for my son or the new private school he's gonna go to.

As for security with my job, when I got my Cisco Cerified Intranet Engineer certification I had to sign an agreement to work here for the next 3 years, It did cost them 17k for getting me through that certification. They probably would want to insure that it would be benificial to the company.

As for traveling, man I work at the corperate office of ClubCorp you prob dont know what that is I dont blame you I diddnt, but they own almost all the coutry clubs in the nation and people from my group are sent out to each coutry club to design and architect their network and also build a comunication back to our dallas office. And sence I save money for traveling I am able to bring my wife and kid with me when I go (if we dont have a sitter).

So what about that 16 year old kid that just got a brand new SS camaro and tore me a new ass hole? I will always stand a chance to get beaten in a race between two cars, because there is always someone with somthing better than what you got. I am just happy that I know in my mind that I have a Loving family that will always be there for me, thats what gold is to me.

Besides why dont you deal with it we are all guppies in a very large ocean that can be beaten on the road in our jobs and in our own life.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: Jason_CL ]
Old 08-08-2001, 06:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<STRONG>

Thats why when all my freinds were going to work at nortel or cisco, I was telling them not to go because they dont care about you. And then what happen to nortel and cisco? They fired thousands and thousands of people. Infact no employers care about anyone, unless they make their company money, and thats stupid but hey its buisness and I understand. "Oh and Would you like to see the house that I bought at 19". that was a very stupid remark you made I am the last person to give a rats ass about cars, houses boats or anything that you can buy with money. I mean are these things going to follow you to the after life I dont think so. In fact one of the first things that I went and did when I got my car was tint the windows so dark that no one could see me inside, I'm not a show boat.Besides all of my old town buddies that you thought I went and bragged to about my cars still live 6 hours away from me. I wouldnt drive that far to show off a car. Having two 30K cars doesnt make me feel like the man. Having a beutiful wife and son are the only things in my life that I am proud of. I dont just pour all my money to my cars and house. I pour it into things like a college education for my son or the new private school he's gonna go to. As for security with my job, when I got my Cisco Cerified Intranet Engineer certification I had to sign an agreement to work here for the next 3 years, It did cost them 17k for getting me through that certification. They probably would want to insure that it would be benificial to the company. As for traveling, man I work at the corperate office of ClubCorp you prob dont know what that is I dont blame you I diddnt, but they own almost all the coutry clubs in the nation and people from my group are sent out to each coutry club to design and architect their network and also build a comunication back to our dallas office. And sence I save money for traveling I am able to bring my wife and kid with me when I go (if we dont have a sitter). So what about that 16 year old kid that just got a brand new SS camaro and tore me a new ass hole? I will always stand a chance to get beaten in a race between two cars, because there is always someone with somthing better than what you got. I am just happy that I know in my mind that I have a Loving family that will always be there for me, thats what gold is to me. Besides why dont you deal with it we are all guppies in a very large ocean that can be beaten on the road in our jobs and in our own life.</STRONG>
Nice to see you can talk sensibly, for a second there you sounded like a little punk. You pass the troll test, welcome to acura-cl
Old 08-08-2001, 06:35 PM
10th Gear

Thanks alot , I do understand that there are alot of little punks out there and they just dont give a shit. but then there are always the ones that do care and do have something to offer the world. Thanks though, I really diddnt want you guys to hate me or anything like that, I mean we all do have something in common, we all love the acura cars especialy the CL-S.
Old 08-08-2001, 10:57 PM
God
GOD Of ACURA-CL.COM

I'm 18 and i got a Silver CLS . I had my rents help me but i'm paying for the monthly car payments Hopefully i'll have some money to fix it up a bit . I really didnt think that many YOUNG people owned CLS b/c it's pretty damn expensive . I thought i was pretty lucky to be 18 and own a car like this ...I still am lucky as hell
Old 08-08-2001, 11:36 PM
Racer

I'm 20 and I got my 98 2.3CL brand new back in 98 with "full financial aid". I take care of the gas and mods.

DAN
acuradan69@aol.com
98 2.3CL auto
Old 08-09-2001, 04:19 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
i m 19... i have 2 cars... 97 avalon XLS.<---- mom gave it to me
and my cls
used mom's credit and he paid 0 downpayment and i m paying $749 a month by myself... dont ask me how i got the $$$ .. and i m not a manwhore =)my mom pays for my gas SOMETIMES when she felt lik eit......

MODS, part of the gas, and payments <---i pay

Part of the gas,,,oil change and other bullshit <--- mom pays
Old 08-09-2001, 09:43 AM
Advanced

wow, i'm really amazed at the amount of young people here owning such a car...for all of those how bought it on their own...congrats! for all of those who didn't, well congrats to you too, just make sure you thank your parents and understand that some people have to work their a$$ off to get what they want. it makes me feel good to know that so many of us are doing well. as for me, i'm 23 and my parents gave me a small mutual fund when i was young, and have been able to make that into a nice sum....
i was given a 88prelude at 16, bought a 98 626 at 19, bought a 99 eclipse spyder the follwing year, and now my cl this year along with my ph aprt. and my dog...
Old 08-09-2001, 11:01 PM
Broke youngster :(

IM 17 and paying for this car myself, im damn proud of it, and going to pay all 31 grand all by myself well me got aegean blue pearl with comptech headers, cams and exhaust, neuspeed springs to lower 1.8 inches

Nick
Old 08-15-2001, 04:01 AM
Advanced

im 19 and jus got my CL on saturday