Who has XM ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has XM ??

Im in the process of installing XM

anybody have any insight on which antenna is best. Im looking at the Blitsafe micro antenna but I heard Terk just came out with the smallest antenna for XM

how is the reception and music choices ??

did you pay the year in advance or monthly ??

Lou
Old 01-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
contact vin lou..
Old 01-22-2004, 02:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i'll send you a picture if you give me an email address. I got the smallest terk available, about 3/4" high by 2.5" wide but 3" long (estimated dimensions).

I pay monthly because I travel a lot and the car sits a lot, so I can suspend anytime and reactivate later.

I like the choices, much much much much better than any FM available. And last i heard they have gone commercial free on their music stations (i don't know for sure 'cuz i've been in China since i heard they changed).
Old 01-22-2004, 03:06 AM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I have XM, and am using a Delphi Skyfi setup. The car package comes with a magnetic car antenna. I purchased a Terk adhesive-mount antenna and found that the reception was worse through trees than the Delphi one.

There is no doubt that the small, slim Terk is hot, but just don't know if you'll have "BETTER" reception than any other antenna-

I find reception to be very good, even through trees in the park, and even through some small 1/4 tunnels.

I paid for two years upfront-
Old 01-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

The only reception problems I have is when I'm next to this one particular building, but haven't had problems anywhere else with it including trees or even mountains and stuff.

It's magnetic and I have it mounted right on the inside edge of the trunk (right up against the back window, behind center brakelight...i have spoiler so this light isn't used).

i'm shopping for a new m3 cabriolet, probably when I return from China, and there's an XM direct kit that can be installed on it using the factory radio controls (it's wired for Sirius from BMW, but the kit allows use of XM instead). I'm trying to figure out which antenna to use with this, but depending on the trunk configuration, I may use the same antenna because it is VERY discreet.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mrdeeno
The only reception problems I have is when I'm next to this one particular building, but haven't had problems anywhere else with it including trees or even mountains and stuff.
is this the new Terk micro antenna they'e talking about and do you have any pics.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I listend to this in my realtives new Accord...........................

i f'n love this thing. It's a must for anybody who drives alot. Tons of selection when the local crap doesn't cut it......
Old 01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by lou
is this the new Terk micro antenna they'e talking about and do you have any pics.
yes, give me an email and i'll send them to you.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Zapata
I listend to this in my realtives new Accord...........................

i f'n love this thing. It's a must for anybody who drives alot. Tons of selection when the local crap doesn't cut it......
don't say that! when i have a craving for commercials, the local FM stations fit the bill perfectly!

and i really like the fact that there's no contract like cell phone service which fits my needs perfectly (been away from car for months at a time, been home for months at a time, been home for weeks at a time, been away from weeks at a time, etc, etc. etc.)
Old 01-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mrdeeno
yes, give me an email and i'll send them to you.
ultima972@msn.com