Where's the CL, dammit???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003 | 11:43 AM
laugh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's the CL, dammit???

Just got the summer issue of Acura Style. Toward the back they list Acura's "family of automobiles". They're all there.....

EXCEPT THE CL.

Not there. Nope. RL, TL, TSX, RSX, MDX, NSX.....all there. No CL.

Is that a hint? Are they doing away with the CL???
Old 07-10-2003 | 11:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, all done. No more. Fini.

Last one made was built in June. After the existing dealer stock is sold there will be no more new ones.

We've discussed the discontinuation of the CL since about Dec 02/Jan 02 (about 2 months after I bought mine ).

If you do a search for discontinue you'll find alot of posts about it.

It was kind of bizarre looking at the lineup w/ the CL missing. I think that there's a big hole in the lineup. If I had to buy a car now I probably wouldn't buy an Acura, 'cause there is nothing in the lineup that really interests me (I'm a coupe guy).
Old 07-10-2003 | 12:05 PM
laugh

I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at that page---the full lineup doesn't look right at all. They have the balls-out sedan, the mid-level sedan, and now the entry-level sedan. They now only have one coupe, and the RSX is just too damn small.

The NSX doesn't count--only 2 seats, supercar price.

The sheer number of CL's I see around here makes me wonder WHY they are doing that.......

Then again....maybe that IS why. I see 10 new CL's for every 1 new Accord coupe in my area. If that speaks (on average) for the whole country, maybe they decided it was more important for the Accord to succeed, assuming people who would have bought a CL will buy the Accord coupe........? They must have loads of R&D to pay off on the Accord.....

The CL is such a nice car...the TL is great too, but it just has 2 too many doors....

That sux....
Old 07-10-2003 | 12:14 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There would be another baby MDX... the RDX, there would a new coupe 2 years from now.
Old 07-10-2003 | 12:20 PM
What, me drive fast?

I posted this last night....I can't believe that they claim to have a 2003 CL but didn't even put it in the July magazine. Sux.
Old 07-10-2003 | 01:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
I posted this last night....I can't believe that they claim to have a 2003 CL but didn't even put it in the July magazine. Sux.
That's b/c production stopped in June, so as far as they're concerned... the CL is no more after June.

Like greenmonster said.... do a search.. we've been talking about the cancellation of the CL for almost a year now....