Wheel Spacers - Anyone with experience...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 03:57 PM
acurreo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Spacers - Anyone with experience...?

Guys, what do you think about this product:

http://www.carparts.com/parts/newsea...hicleid=96391&

This sounds like a good mod for handling. The wider the better. It would look and feel good on a CL. For the rear only. The tires would stick out very little making the car look more lean and mean .

I want oppinions please,

------------------
Confused Individual
Old 04-27-2001, 07:44 PM
acurreo

Oh, i just realized the link does not work for others. Here is the content:

[img]
http://www.carparts.com/graphics/com...RINGS/7171.jpg
[/img]

Wheel Spacers
When it comes to all-out cornering performance, one rule applies: wider is truly better. H&R TRAK+ Wheel Spacers let you balance the handling and performance of your car to suit your aggressive driving style without spending the time, money and trouble of springing for bigger wheels and tires. Most manufacturers, like Porsche and BMW, leave 20 to 30mm of extra space between the wheels and the fenders to suit arcane regulations or to leave space for flapping tire chains. These light-alloy spacers push your existing wheels or even your hot, aftermarket alloys out to fill the wheel wells properly, giving you better cornering, better aerodynamics and even better looks. Made to rigorous ISO9001 specifications of the latest aluminum/magnesium alloy, they are designed to fit your particular vehicle. Machined to be hub-centric to prevent wobble, imbalance and imprecision. DRA = Wheel Spacer/Adapter (for 40+ millimeters track widening) The spacer is fitted to the hub with special wheel bolts and has new threaded holes for existing wheel bolts. DRM = Wheel Spacer/Adapter (for 40+ millimeters track widening) This is fitted to the hub with special nuts and it carries new wheel studs for the existing wheel-nuts. All DRA and DRM kits come complete with all necessary wheel bolts, studs and nuts. These will be used in connection with the existing parts fitted to the vehicle. Made exclusively in Germany.

------------------
Confused Individual

[This message has been edited by majeed (edited 04-27-2001).]
Old 04-27-2001, 07:50 PM
Ace rider

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by majeed:
Guys, what do you think about this product:

http://www.carparts.com/parts/newsearch2.asp?autoidsearch =YES&sourceid=2&itemid=7171&parttypeid=2135&vehicl eid=96391&

This sounds like a good mod for handling. The wider the better. It would look and feel good on a CL. For the rear only. The tires would stick out very little making the car look more lean and mean .

I want oppinions please,

</font>
My opinion: I really hate the way tires look if they stick out past the fender or are too close to it. Instead of this, I'd prefer getting new wider/stickier tires. That way you get more traction and better handling, better than just making stock tires stick out more.

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler
Retired: 94 540i
Old 04-27-2001, 08:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, they are at least "hub centric" rings, so you shouldn't get nasty vibrations.

However, I'd have to probably roll the fenders to really lower the car a bunch. I got a bunch of stick out of the extra inch width, but I actually prefer the look of the sports package on new Bimmers were the extra wide wheels are well inside the wheel well.

I hope you don't end up like the guy I see with the Thunderbird Super Coupe at my tech book store. This car 10" wheels sticking 4-5 inches outside of the wheel well. (Plus, he has the car lowered so the fender is eating into the tire tread.

Sorry, but I think you would just screw up the front to rear tracking of the car.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic