what would you do it this happend to you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 02:11 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would you do it this happend to you?

hey guys I just wanted to get some opinions on what I should do in this situation that I am in. My front lip was scratch up from going up drive ways ETC.... so I decided to take it to my local (repudable) body shop for repair. Hw wanted to charge a little over 300 bucks so I told him i would do the prep work and he would just spray it. We agreed on doing that. ( keep in mind that the only damage the peice had was on the bottom only and I did not expect that area to be perfect since it was hardly visable when on the car). Anyway, the prep work was done and it took me about 3 days. and it turned out better then I thought, so I brought it to the shop for paint... when it was done being painted the guy calls me back and says "you better come down here and see your piece because it looks REALLY bad"... So i go there and there are cracks all along where the flex points are the piece( where the piece flexes to mold around the car, there where cracks everywhere). I was puzzled because there was absolutely NOTHING there before paint. He then claimed that the painter saw these cracks before he painted it but painted it anyway because he thought I knew.. WTF? there was nothing there and he knew it! He is now attempting to blame me for this and wants me to pay him $135.00. should I:
A) make them redo it properly and the pay them $135.00 OR

B) take the peice back and dont pay them a dime.

obvioulsy I just got ripped.
thanks for your input.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:49 PM
FWD tuna boat

what do you mean "take the peice back and dont pay them a dime"? isnt that YOUR piece? how much were they going to charge you for paint alone?

when you did your "bodywork", there may have been scratches/cracks that are not noticeable until painted...

my lower bumper is scratched from the same stuff, but i just ignore it...
Old 06-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Without before pics you don't have a claim..I would just pay the money and go somewhere else and make sure you get his name out there as a bad person to deal with.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:18 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

Originally Posted by andre
what do you mean "take the peice back and dont pay them a dime"? isnt that YOUR piece? how much were they going to charge you for paint alone?

when you did your "bodywork", there may have been scratches/cracks that are not noticeable until painted...

my lower bumper is scratched from the same stuff, but i just ignore it...
My cracks are very profound and remember that this piece was painted before and there was no damage. now there are massive cracks in the piece.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:19 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Without before pics you don't have a claim..I would just pay the money and go somewhere else and make sure you get his name out there as a bad person to deal with.
I am affraid that what I will have too do. I will go there tommarow and try to get what I can from them but regardless of the outcome I will make sure that there reputation will lowered
Old 06-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

talk it out with him
or
pay him the 135.00 for his paint/labor... and never go back to him..

lesson learned.....

if he was a reputable auto body guy he would make sure you are 100% satisfied... in the auto body business reputation is very important... if he does not care about you then he does not care about his business reputation.

what comes around goes around...
Old 06-23-2005, 05:05 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

Originally Posted by Smitty
talk it out with him
or
pay him the 135.00 for his paint/labor... and never go back to him..

lesson learned.....

if he was a reputable auto body guy he would make sure you are 100% satisfied... in the auto body business reputation is very important... if he does not care about you then he does not care about his business reputation.

what comes around goes around...
Well sid... your absolutely correct...... The funny thing is, is that Ive spoken to the owner about how I have been screwed before in other shops.. and ofcourse he states, "not to worry I understand and I will take care of you, many people complain about body shops but we are not like that"...... BS..