What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Censored User

Location: Miami - just one day, I would like to drive without getting cut off!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do?

last monday I took my car to the dealership to get the rotors fixed. They gave me a loaner the next day. An '03 TL-S. Let me say, it feels so nice. So much more comfortable than my (2 year old/21K miles) '02 TL-S. Well since then I haven't heard a thing from the dealership. I've called and left messages and tried to speak with my service rep. Yet I've heard nothing. But I was planning on driving up to Atlanta on tuesday. So I was wondering if I should just stay quiet and drive the loaner? Its much more comfortable, nearly as fast, I can use 91 octane and thats about 1500 miles I won't be putting on my car. So what would you do?
Old 12-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They probably won't care that you are putting significant miles on the loaner. That being said, you should review their loan agreement or talk to someone in the service dept for any stipulations they may have. Make sure it's OK to take the car out of state (the loaner agreement may be state specific). You should also review any pertinent insurance information to make sure you're covered in case of damage, especially when taking the car out of state.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:01 PM
go like hell

personally I'd try to reschedule the trip to ATL. if possible. then if you have time stop in at the dealer and see how the car coming. Personally I don't like driving other people's car. Even my parent's and g/f's cars i don't like driving . they have "okay cars." Personally when I get "loaners" when my Accord getting fixed(because my dad works for Honda of America and he takes it to the Service center to have my car fixed if it's something he can't do in the shop the loaner hardly sees the road. ) Normally with my car I put 700-1000 miles on my car a week. with a loan i'm lucky if i go through a 1/4 tank of gas. I know it sounds weird.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:19 PM

Take it.

When my tranny was being replaced, I gave the TL loaner I had to my girl at the time. She put a TON of miles on it going to her parents house. I mean, like, 500+ in a weekend.

I don't think they care if you put miles on it, as long as you refill the gas.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Censored User

Location: Miami - just one day, I would like to drive without getting cut off!
well its been settled. My gf wasn't comfortable with me taking their car and she insisted that I call them. Good thing I did, 'cause the car isn't allowed out of state. So i guess I'll be putting 1500 miles on my car this week. Not good considering when I shipped it from Hawaii in July I only had +11K miles. Oh well. Thanks for the advice anyways.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by JaDia4
... 'cause the car isn't allowed out of state...
Ah ha. I thought so. This is not atypical of most loaners and even rentals. Most of the time you are limited to a state or region (in case of small states or border areas). This is important to check out in any rental agreement -- make sure it's OK to take the car out of state if you intend to do so.