What a tragedy

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad luck ??

Sorry to hear about troubles you had with the dealer, But

1. You bought thye car USED.
2. The dealer stated the windshield was not a " Honda" glass product. That would indicate that it has/was replaced. The glass MAY and NOT likley was replaced at a Acura/Honda Dealer. ( I know I would pay for OEM glass if out of my pocket). Therefeore any glass company/ body shop may have replaced the windshield.
3. Was the car in an accident previously ?? Maybe struck a deer and had roof/piallar damage and repaired. A CAR FAX check or tracking down the previous owner through VIN / warranty book-card might lead to some " history".
4. When " Dealers" write up work orders they record the IN mileage especially that it is a WARRANTY claim, so that should confirm or denie your statement of the mileage when bought into the dealer.
5. As for Lemon Law- I think the dealer is "going above & beyond" in tracking down your water leak IF in fact the windshield was replaced by previous owner. Of course they are fully responsible to breaking you windshield ( accidents do happen).

Finally a good high pressure drive through car wash should expose any leak test re occurance.

Do some HISTORY on your car and see why the windshield was replaced.
Maybe you should do that before you purchase your Prelude or next car.
( lesson # 3 in life- Buyer Beware).

Good Luck
Old 11-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badbrad
Sorry to hear about troubles you had with the dealer, But

1. You bought thye car USED.
2. The dealer stated the windshield was not a " Honda" glass product. That would indicate that it has/was replaced. The glass MAY and NOT likley was replaced at a Acura/Honda Dealer. ( I know I would pay for OEM glass if out of my pocket). Therefeore any glass company/ body shop may have replaced the windshield.
3. Was the car in an accident previously ?? Maybe struck a deer and had roof/piallar damage and repaired. A CAR FAX check or tracking down the previous owner through VIN / warranty book-card might lead to some " history".
4. When " Dealers" write up work orders they record the IN mileage especially that it is a WARRANTY claim, so that should confirm or denie your statement of the mileage when bought into the dealer.
5. As for Lemon Law- I think the dealer is "going above & beyond" in tracking down your water leak IF in fact the windshield was replaced by previous owner. Of course they are fully responsible to breaking you windshield ( accidents do happen).

Finally a good high pressure drive through car wash should expose any leak test re occurance.

Do some HISTORY on your car and see why the windshield was replaced.
Maybe you should do that before you purchase your Prelude or next car.
( lesson # 3 in life- Buyer Beware).

Good Luck
Well I'm going to have to bring the car back tomorrow to let them take a look at some other problem with the auto dimming mirror and then hopefully that's it. As to selling the car I'm thinking to keep it because i just talked to one of my friends about the electrical system. He says that he knows a guy that could fix it for me and works at a honda dealership so i might have a discount in price wise. Lets see what's the damage (pricing) for the rewiring and if it's cheap than i guess i'm gonna be a stayer.