What a tragedy

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a tragedy

I take my car in for the third time because of water leaking from the ceiling on the driver side pillar and then they wouldn't do the lemon law and after having my car for two days I get a phone call telling me that one of their workers while removing my windshield dropped it by mistake. Then they say in the mean time come back in and we'll trade your ford focus enterprise car for one of our fabulous Acura MDX Courtesy Loaners car getting new glass and an MDX for a rental now that's what i call hawt Shiet
Old 11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
That's good and all, but are they going to fix the leak problem for good this time or what??
Old 11-04-2004, 08:13 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats fucked up, i would do nuetral drops in the mdx
Old 11-04-2004, 08:18 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Originally Posted by darrinb
Old 11-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Their trying to that's why they removed the glass to see if the seam is open or something. Also they said that the glass isn't a honda glass. Anyways I called up Lemon Law yesterday and they said that they'll do my case for my car about the water leak so I'll have to keep my car for a whilez (3months to a year). But then i'll get a settlement between a thousand to 3 thousand. Plus at the end i have the choice of selling my car or keep it. When the time comes i might miss CL forum a lot because I might buy a Prelude

Hope I'll still be welcome here even though i won't have a CL after all this hassle
Old 11-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Has been sold for a while

Old 11-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Was that you I saw tonight on the Schuylkill in the Ardmore Acura MDX loaner?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah
Old 11-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Slimey
Was that you I saw tonight on the Schuylkill in the Ardmore Acura MDX loaner?
were you driving the black Cl type-s? Cause if you did i think i saw you
Old 11-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I like how the loaner is a giant advertisement for Ardmore Acura -- but at least you got a loaner.

Sorry to hear that Ardmore's service hasn't improved. They get universally bad reviews on this board. I only go there for yearly inspections and the one service campaign (timing belt tensioner) and have not been screwed over yet, but they don't inspire confidence either. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally Posted by racersky
were you driving the black Cl type-s? Cause if you did i think i saw you
Yup.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah my baby in the shot with a broken windshield cause some stupid idiot didn't have a good grip with those suction handle thingys
Old 11-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Yeah my baby in the shot with a broken windshield cause some stupid idiot didn't have a good grip with those suction handle thingys
Oops meant to say shop instead of shot
Old 11-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

I miss my CL so much It's been like four days and I'm just torn apart not seeing the car in front of the house but instead seeing a dam MDX in front which drinks gas like water. When i get it back my mom wants me to trade it in and i might get a 2001 Prelude 5spd for the CL. What a loss for me in the long run
Old 11-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

omg this is so messed up It's been two weeks and I still haven't receive my car back yet. Now they say there's a serious odor problem with my car now. Not to mention the fact that after getting me a new wind shield (useless). They also put some miles on my car some how. About 200 miles to be exact. I want my car back so badly Btw the leakage still there and they still wouldn't call it a lemon just yet since my car is used i have no lemon rights except the factory warrant act which imo is not worth it since they say it's going to take about a year and i'll get a settlement of 1 to 2 thousand dollars back and get to keep the car or trade it in later. But if you estimate a year my car will drop value and the 1 to 2 adds up and so basically I'll be back to square one again.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Wow. Two weeks to fix a leak, and now your car stinks Crazy.

Did they give you a reason why 200 miles were added to your odometer? That's a little more then I'd expect from portering it from a parking spot to the service bay. Are they using your car as a loaner?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
omg this is so messed up It's been two weeks and I still haven't receive my car back yet. Now they say there's a serious odor problem with my car now. Not to mention the fact that after getting me a new wind shield (useless). They also put some miles on my car some how. About 200 miles to be exact. I want my car back so badly Btw the leakage still there and they still wouldn't call it a lemon just yet since my car is used i have no lemon rights except the factory warrant act which imo is not worth it since they say it's going to take about a year and i'll get a settlement of 1 to 2 thousand dollars back and get to keep the car or trade it in later. But if you estimate a year my car will drop value and the 1 to 2 adds up and so basically I'll be back to square one again.

holy shit dude, your getting screwed!! dont listen to them, you have a great case

1. went in for a water leak problem
2. they break your windsheild
3. take 2 weeks to get the glass in (shouldnt take more than 2-3 days bc they shoudl overnight that shit)
4. they pissed around with your whole front window exposed causing odor
5. they added 200 miles to your car
6. they dont accomodate you at all besides a loaner
Old 11-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Burning Brakes

i have no idea how they did it. I wrote down the odometer before i handed to them and it says 37,706 and when i came to put up some of my stuff in the trunk i auto start my car and the odometer says 37904 and i was like wtf.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Burning Brakes

sorry for cursing i know it's the rules not to but i'm just not in a good mood today. I just found out that i'm three points short from second honors in school so bare with my angry and depression about both things
Old 11-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Btw if anyone lives in Philly (PA) and goes by the Ardmore Acura please by all means take a glimpse of my car cause i know it's in the parking lot somewhere i hope with 20%tints and an AEM license plate. Can't miss my car cause it should be the glossiest car there since i zaino my car the day before i handed the keys for this big a** trouble.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Damn -- another negative vote for Ardmore Acura service.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Burning Brakes

I seriously don't know what to do anymore I know i'm a pussy for not knowing what to do anymore but I'm thinking about just trading in the car after i get it back. I really don't want to do this but it's making the problem coming to a conclusion where it has to be traded. Right now i need a reliable car not a car with problems that i have to take to the dealer every single time
Old 11-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Safety Car

go talk to a lawyer or something. why the fuck would it get 200 miles over two weeks? were they lending it out to employees or something?

that's just not right, you should get some reimbursement for all this shit, not just a loaner.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Burning Brakes

They told me that they were testing the car in the water to see if it leaks. In my opinion I think they were going off on a joy ride or something cause there's no way my car coulda gone up that high. Shiet a few days ago it was raining and if some idiot guns the car where Ardmore Acura is located my car will be in deep doodoo cause i have the CAI in the car and there's like a million puddles everywhere. Their not gonna give me anything because i have no evidence as to what the miles were from before. Meaning I don't have a photograph of the odometer and only a piece of paper with the miles on it. Plus i'm 17 and two weeks ago i argue with the general manager about my car saying that this is my third time bringing in the car and can you please put like a lemon on the car or something cause i'm so irritated to keep on coming back to the dealer wasting my time. He was like saying to me that your 17 and i'm older than you blah blah blah i should respect him and stuff like that. I told him straight who pays for your paycheck me because you know why i'm a customer and please my parents didn't pay for the car I did. He starts going off saying bring in your mom in here and let me talk to her and i was like no because I already know what your procedure is. You go and talk through a female and some females are suckered into a deal they'll regret in the future because they don't know what the hells going on. Sorry for all the female Cl drivers or any drivers period out there. I just had a rough day that day. I'm just tired of this problem and I wish this issue was over with.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Health's Angels

Stories like this make we want to install a hidden camera in my dash and my own black-box system.....
Old 11-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
i hate that bullshit, when your young you get no respect in the business world, they think they can walk all over you, well you seem to know what your doing so just stand up to him and tell him you have taken legal advice and you know you have a case, i personally would stick it to them
Old 11-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Burning Brakes

i have an attorney now after calling 1800-lemonlaw and they said that they are sorry to hear this has happen to me but they can't do anything about the lemon issue and can only fight for me under the factory warrant act which will give me a settlement. I don't think this is worth my trouble because they said i'm going to only get at least a thousand maybe two at the most if i fight. They said that case will take about 3months to a year depending on how acura will be fighting or not. Now it's either fighting or trading it in for an 02 WRX. Don't know after i trade in my car if i'm still welcomed here.

This is because the fact because my car is a used certified instead of being new i guess.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Btw did i tell you what happen yesterday when i called. The service guy I always talk to for some reason named Larry he was like I know your probably pissed but i'm just a service desk worker and the mechanics removed all the trim and ceiling and we're going to run water on the car for five hours to see if the car will leak. I'm just not satisfied yet even though the car should have eveyrthing fixed. I want to get this water leakage problem resolved and you know what they say third times a charm. Charm my a**
Old 11-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Where is my super sauce?

The odometer reading should have been recorded on the work order at the time it was written up when you broungt the car in.

At least it sounds like they're working on the problem, and they did give you a loaner. WIll this all be coverend as a warranty repair. If so, it does sound like they're trying to satisfy you, albeit very slowly.

Still doesn't explain 200 miles on the odometer though.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Drifting

heh, my trunk is leaking and they said it is due to my sound system...$200 just to identify the problem...pffft... i need to find a cheaper way
Old 11-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Burning Brakes

So gay......I call them today and they put me on hold for like a half hour and I just gave up. Seems like their ignoring me now.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Blah.....I called Ardmore Acura about my car status and they said you'll probably get your car back by friday after we detail your interior because there was a mishave from the water leak. I'm assuming something is damaged and there trying to hide something from me. Anyways they also told me about someone's CL is there also with a water leak problem that's in leaking in the trunk. Is that anyone's car on this forum?
Old 11-22-2004, 01:48 PM
drop em like its hot

holy crap dude.... those assholes...
Old 11-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Pro

First off, any work that you had done on this car should have been written up before hand. Any acura dealer work that I've had done always had paperwork that includes the date and miles on the vehicle at the time you give them the car. You should have a copy of this paperwork .. which would be proof of the date/mileage at the time you dropped it off
Old 11-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

my mom probably has it in her file cabinet. Btw in two hours it's gonna be day 21 without my car They said that they'll give me the car back by friday because they need to detail the interior where the problem was. I'm just gonna make the call after getting the car and trade it in for something else. Gonna miss the CL so much. What a loss on my side.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:32 AM
Racer

First off: I'm sorry to hear about your trouble, being 18 myself, I can understand the direspect you'll get at times, simply because you "look young" or are "too young to know anything". The CL's a great car man, and if you are going to trade it in, don't go FWD again... go either RWD or AWD.

secondly: I suggest you go back there with a baseball bat and a couple of big buddies... make sure it's after hours, you can figure out the rest <---- 18 year old talking
Old 11-24-2004, 05:10 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
revese drifting is fun too!
Old 11-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Burning Brakes

i wish i knew how to do reverse drifting that would be sweet. Just a little scared that the car might flip or something lol.

Originally Posted by JHEIII850Turbo
First off: I'm sorry to hear about your trouble, being 18 myself, I can understand the direspect you'll get at times, simply because you "look young" or are "too young to know anything". The CL's a great car man, and if you are going to trade it in, don't go FWD again... go either RWD or AWD.

secondly: I suggest you go back there with a baseball bat and a couple of big buddies... make sure it's after hours, you can figure out the rest <---- 18 year old talking
Well i'm trying to get this blue wrx my friend told me about at the ford dealer. My friend works for C&C Ford as a detailer for the dealer. He told me about it and my friend went to take a look at the car himself. The mechanic there is really good and when he says something is good the car is good. But hey maybe I'll get lucky and buy that but then I'll miss this forum and miss the Meets Philly has to offer. I would go to the meets any way but then I'll feel awkward because of the fact that one my car is not a Honda or Acura and two it's not a CL.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Beware of leakage

Old 11-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm seriously not satisfied at all. I just received my car back and I take a look at the windshield and they gave me another POS windshield. I spend a minute or two walking around the car to see anything was wrong and so far there's nothing. I sat inside the everything looks fine until i open my armrest and find this weird piece that on the back says honda on it. Another thing is my auto dim mirror doesn't work anymore. They threw all my class papers out. Blah Sons of Biatches.