what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what should i do

ok i just got a ticket for speeding on the beltway. i was doing 72 in a 55 but i was on the far left lane. the cop said i blew by him eventhough we were side by side and when he pulled me over he admitted he was doing 70. i wasnt switching in out of lanes and i kept my distance from the car in front of me and i was only 2 mph over what he was doing. so my question is should i pay the fine of 70 or should i got to court and if i go to court what happens if i lose or win? thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:54 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why did you pass the cop to begin with?

This is a tough one because there isn't much of an argument you can make. I guess you might want to appeal it because he doesn't have you on radar...but then again its his word against yours and you did pass him while he was doing 70 in a 55.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro

actually i didnt pass him. i was behind him to begin with then he switched to the lane beside me and then i stayed at his side all the way then he slowed down went behind me then the lights came on
Old 03-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Way Fast Whitey

Fuckin cops think they are above the law. I hate traffic pigs.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the cop was safely watching the road, his speedometer, and pacing you in the rear view mirror, all at the same time? I believe an officer must follow a car to pace it, not lead.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Ish83
actually i didnt pass him. i was behind him to begin with then he switched to the lane beside me and then i stayed at his side all the way then he slowed down went behind me then the lights came on
Fight it! Call the cop wrong, and tell the judge he's dumb also. With any luck you'll wind up in jail and everybody will be safer because of it. Obviously you don't know what you're doing behind the wheel of a car..
Old 03-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Way Fast Whitey

Obviously CO-CL-S hasn't gotten laid in a while.

Hire a lawyer dude. You will never when going against a cop on your own.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Pro

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
Fight it! Call the cop wrong, and tell the judge he's dumb also. With any luck you'll wind up in jail and everybody will be safer because of it. Obviously you don't know what you're doing behind the wheel of a car..
so what do you mean. i am not looking for an argument but i dont understand why you say that. why dont you explain yourself a little more
Old 03-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Way Fast Whitey

ISH......Hire a lawyer. Trust me
Old 03-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Drifting

so what do you mean. i am not looking for an argument but i dont understand why you say that. why dont you explain yourself a little more
You passed a cop doing 17 miles over the speed limit, and my advice for you is: Stop driving.. YMMV
Old 03-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Way Fast Whitey

Yes that was a bad choice ISH, but still fight it. Don't give the govt anymore money than you have to. I would much rather give my money to lawyers.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Team Owner

Cops are allowed to speed because they are “professional drivers”.
You screwed up and passed him.

That’s your mistake and your fine to pay.
I don’t see what the big fuss is.

Shawn S
Old 03-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Pro

yea i am going to just pay the fine but i dont know what makes you think i passed the cop. the only time i was in front of the cop is when he pulled me over and i was parked in front of him. oh yea CO-CL-S you think i should stop driving maybe you should go over and post that same stuff in the thread where everyone is bragging about how they went over 130mph. but i do understand your opinion
Old 03-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Pro

oh yea thanks for the replies anyway
Old 03-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Drifting

yea i am going to just pay the fine but i dont know what makes you think i passed the cop. the only time i was in front of the cop is when he pulled me over and i was parked in front of him. oh yea CO-CL-S you think i should stop driving maybe you should go over and post that same stuff in the thread where everyone is bragging about how they went over 130mph. but i do understand your opinion
I'll admit I have been lax about people seeing how fast their car will go. I do however get real vocal when it comes to the racers around here. You were behind him, and he pulled over to the right lane, then you were side by side, then he slowed down and went behind you. Those are your words, and to me it says you passed him (he was in front of you, then he was behind you). Unless you claim that he "unpassed" you?
Old 03-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Pro

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
I'll admit I have been lax about people seeing how fast their car will go. I do however get real vocal when it comes to the racers around here. You were behind him, and he pulled over to the right lane, then you were side by side, then he slowed down and went behind you. Those are your words, and to me it says you passed him (he was in front of you, then he was behind you). Unless you claim that he "unpassed" you?
what i mean when i said that is that he slowed down in order to get behind me and pull me over. the thing that irritated me is that there were cars in front and behind me going the same speed and i was in the middle of a line of cars. i just dont know why he had to choose me out of all of them. doesnt matter now anyway. i guess i just gotta learn from this mistake