What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 11:01 AM
S2000 Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I do?

Hey guys I need your opinions.

I just got my tires put on last Saturday at Tire Kingdom. Needless to say they scratched ALL 4 rims. The machine they used made a nice ring around the rim. There were some parts that didn't get scratched. When I approached them about it they admitted that the machine did the damage. He offered to try to have them buffed out however "his guy" was on vacation and couldn't do it until next week. BTW I had this done in Jupiter...I live in Orlando (about 2 hrs away). Anyways...I told him that I would try to have them buffed out up here in Orlando. He said no I had to have "his guy" do it. I said no because I only get to the West Palm area once every couple of months and I should be able to get it done up here. He refused to do that. So I said I was gonna call the area VP (there is a sign in the shop that says if I wasn't completly satisified to call him) After I said that he just walked away from me. I talked to another manager he wasn't much more help. They wouldn't give me anything in writing stating that it was their fault for scratching my rims. I had my brother with me to witness that they did verbally state that they did scratch them. So I called the area Vice President however he has not returned my call yet.

What more do you think I should do? I don't think buffing them will help much. I should get them resurfaced right? Can that even be done? Man I'm so pissed. I couldn't even sleep Saturday night. There was nothing I could do. I thought the service manager was gonna hit me. He called me a dick in front of all the customers. Some of them left after that.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah that sounds about right. Not much is going to happen. I'm sorry. You can try to fight it, maybe get a worker to be a witness, or maybe some customers who were there that day.
I also got my tires at Tire Kingdom. I was afraid of them messing my rims up. I made them put a rag around the machines lip thing, & watched them change all 4. I told the manager if any rim was scratched I would not pay. And had it in writting on the work order before they did anything. They were all fine. Sometimes you have to take that extra step with chain stores. Chain stores have such bad policy.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:07 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Man this a bad situation. The sales manager is a jackass I would have him fired for that comment. I would wait for the VP call back , if he doesn't get a lawyer.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:27 PM
S2000 Owner

Well I called his office this time and left a message with someone else. Apparantly he was talking to the President of the company. She wrote everything down and said she would have him call me as soon as he was out of is meeting

We'll see.