What leather/dash conditioner do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 03:53 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What leather/dash conditioner do you use?

Looking for one that doesn't smell and doesn't get on pants. Does such a product exist?
Old 06-22-2002, 04:33 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What leather/dash conditioner do you use?

Originally posted by JRock
Looking for one that doesn't smell and doesn't get on pants. Does such a product exist?
Lexol Conditioner to wash the leather...then Lexol leather protector or something like that to protect the leather. As far as the dash...use 303 protectant...not too shiny look. For more info go to www.autopia-carport.com
Old 06-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Powered By HONDA

Eagel 1 leather cleaner and conditioner..(2 bottles)...real good result and protect from UV damage..but always garage keep...
Old 06-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Honkey

do any of those products leave a shine? I like my leather to be totally dull.

_Aaron
Old 06-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Zaino! I saw NSXNEXT leather close up and even felt it. EH.....so so. He claimed that the 303 was some awesome shit but i still believe Zaino is awesome. I used to use Lexol.

Aaron,
Yeah don't get the Zaino if you don't want a shine.
Old 06-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I use Lexol...works for me.
Old 06-22-2002, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
DON'T use meguires leather wipes, total scam. Its just a mess and it leaves the leather shiny and blotchy.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:20 PM
Banned

Lexol for the leather once a month and Mothers preserve protectant (30 day UV protection for the dash)for the vinyl. You can use Mothers on the tires also, its not greasy at all but it does make the tires look brand new.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:23 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I just lexoled my whole interior!!!!!
Old 06-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Pro

I use the 303, it's been working real well so far.

-briancl
Old 06-22-2002, 09:55 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Meguiar's Medallion Premium Leather Cleaner.

Good stuff. May have to order it online if you can't find it locally.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey i got some zymol cleaner conditioner if you wanna clean our leathers together
Old 06-23-2002, 08:22 AM
Instructor

anyone try mothers?

I just purchased this at car parts to clean the seats and the rest of the interiot. Anyone ever try it?
Old 06-23-2002, 08:23 AM
900 club member

I'm with EricS....Meguiar's Medallion Premium Leather Cleaner. Smells good not like that Lexol smell and leaves them with a nice satin sheen instead of a shine.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Banned

JRock:
Unfortunately none of the leather conditioners will actually work. 303 is the only one that will be of any use on our leather...because it's finished leather...so those that are buying Meguiars, Zymol, Lexol, and Zaino...time to switch...those don't do jack for your seats.

Austin519
Old 06-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Where is my super sauce?

I'm also using 303 Protecterant on everything. Works nice. Not overly shiny.

I agree with Austin519 and NSXNEXT (other thread) - our leather is treated with a top coat that makes it impervious to conditioners. You're wasting your money if you think that any of that conditioner is being absorbed into the leather and actually doing something.

Just protect it with your protecterant of choice.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by Austin519
JRock:
Unfortunately none of the leather conditioners will actually work. 303 is the only one that will be of any use on our leather...because it's finished leather...so those that are buying Meguiars, Zymol, Lexol, and Zaino...time to switch...those don't do jack for your seats.

Austin519
Thanks Austin, at least one other person believes what I've been saying for years.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:04 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Bah, clear coat my ass. That shit comes off the paint. What makes you think it doesn't come off on the seats??
Old 06-24-2002, 10:23 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by Zapata
Bah, clear coat my ass. That shit comes off the paint. What makes you think it doesn't come off on the seats??
Maybe over time the coating comes off (depends on how abrasive your ass is!), but if I run my hand over the seats it is smooth and non leather like - obviously coated. My car is brand new, of course, so no abrasive ass scratches yet!

(Dude, he said ass scratches. He He!)

This is in contrast to a couple leather couches that I have - run your hand over those and you can feel the fine roughness of natural leather. That needs a periodic conditioning.

Just keep your seats clean and protected. I have to also agree with rondog - I bought those Meguiar's Leather Wipes after I got my car and found that they left blotches of crap on the seats. 303 is much better.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Slimey
Maybe over time the coating comes off (depends on how abrasive your ass is!), but if I run my hand over the seats it is smooth and non leather like - obviously coated. My car is brand new, of course, so no abrasive ass scratches yet!

(Dude, he said ass scratches. He He!)

This is in contrast to a couple leather couches that I have - run your hand over those and you can feel the fine roughness of natural leather. That needs a periodic conditioning.

Just keep your seats clean and protected. I have to also agree with rondog - I bought those Meguiar's Leather Wipes after I got my car and found that they left blotches of crap on the seats. 303 is much better.
I agree Our leather is not the leather used in the 330ci. However, I don't agree that the clear-coat they put on the seats is of any quality. Meguiars wipes might be crap but Zaino is a pretty good product. I'm just telling you from what I feel. Lexol didn't do shit. Zaino reacts differently.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:40 AM
Banned

If Lexol doesn't penetrate then how come I can visibly see less creases in the leather after I'm done applying it? Furthermore, after it has been a month or so since last Lexol application the creases come back.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:00 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

I use Lexol.

Works great!
Old 06-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

For the leather, you MUST use ZAINO. Has the Perfect Leather Smell to it. Makes the car have that new leather smell.

Zaino! I saw NSXNEXT leather close up and even felt it. EH.....so so. He claimed that the 303 was some awesome shit but i still believe Zaino is awesome. I used to use Lexol.

Aaron,
Yeah don't get the Zaino if you don't want a shine.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:11 PM
Banned

i wont ever use any products on my dash or leather....i for one really like the look and feel and smell of the leather and the dash when it is brand new and not shiny or anything........and hey, if the shit cracks or rips, its under warrenty....then ill jsut have a brand new seat again, what could be better? leather care products?? no thank you...ill stick with my factory smell and no shiny, slippery stuff
Old 06-24-2002, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by jimcol711
i wont ever use any products on my dash or leather....i for one really like the look and feel and smell of the leather and the dash when it is brand new and not shiny or anything........and hey, if the shit cracks or rips, its under warrenty....then ill jsut have a brand new seat again, what could be better? leather care products?? no thank you...ill stick with my factory smell and no shiny, slippery stuff

Damn! Your shit must look really old by now then if you've never used anything on it!

Thats weird.

Zaino for my leather!!!

Formula 2001 for the dash.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Banned

NSXNEXT:
You're a good convincer

Zapata:
Because it's not coated on the top...it's similar to water proofing tennis shoes...it's a chemical that penetrates the leather. And the paint clear coat is a totally different chemical, process, everything. . What you're feeling from Zaino is what is put on top of the seats...it doesn't soak in. Lexol does that too. Both feel good for awhile...but still do nothing to protect the coating and UV protect. So you'll temporarily get that great feeling but your seats will age just as fast as if you didn't use it. Don't be so stubborn when you don't even know the differences in clear coat .

bone_stock:
As I said to Zapata...Lexol (which I used religiously previous to 303) makes a coating over the plastic. That's fine for show...hell I'll use Vinylex for show...much shinier than anything else out there...but it STILL doesn't protect the car. You see less visible creases because Lexol fills that up just like Zaino does to your cracks...but also like Zaino it's temporary and will wear off from your butt in say, a month or so, like you stated...and all the while it still doesn't protect the seats...it just coats them.

NJ_CLS_driver:
And doesn't protect anything work jack.

jimcol711:
Sounds like a plan...too bad factory doesn't cover normal wear and tear...aka having a billion creases in your seats later on while I have very few...

I've used quite a few products guys...Zaino, Lexol, Meguiars, 303, and other types...and so far 303 is the only one that's slowed my interior from aging under a hot Texas sun...but do what you will...I'm just glad I switched...or at least tried it.

Austin519
Old 06-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I called my dealer today........I told them I have 3 little cracks on my drivers side seat, and they said bring it in and they will order my he new seat covers and have them put on within 2 - 3 weeks
Old 06-24-2002, 11:39 PM
War Eagle!!!

Our leather is not the leather used in the 330ci.
Yeah but Zap, you really can't compare two different auto manufacturer's choice of leather. It's like comparing which steel mill our body panels came from...The 330ci has great leather, it's more of a smooth feel with very noticeable texture. Ours is just smooth. Personally, I've taken a couple of trips in a Bentley and let me just say, the Connolly (sp?) leather is sooooo comfortable! but then again, who am I to compare? well shit, I'm going off on a tangent here...
Old 06-25-2002, 12:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,309 Likes on 962 Posts
I've used Lexol cleaner a couple of times and really didn't any change. The only time I see a major clean change in my leather was this one time I cleaned it with degreaser. Then I conditioned it after with Meguiar's. This 303 sounds interesting but it's only a protectant right? I need a good cleaner.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:41 AM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

Eagle 1 is the best that I have found. Keeps the orginal look after you buff it a little.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:04 AM
Banned

Doom878:
Good cleaner - soap and water.
Unless you go offroading you shouldn't need anything else. 303 is a protectant/sealant which bonds with the leather.

Austin519
Old 06-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Austin519

bone_stock:
As I said to Zapata...Lexol (which I used religiously previous to 303) makes a coating over the plastic. That's fine for show...hell I'll use Vinylex for show...much shinier than anything else out there...but it STILL doesn't protect the car. You see less visible creases because Lexol fills that up just like Zaino does to your cracks...but also like Zaino it's temporary and will wear off from your butt in say, a month or so, like you stated...and all the while it still doesn't protect the seats...it just coats them.

Austin519
Ok, I'll buy that! Mainly because every time it's raining and I open the door to get out the rain drops leave a streak where the lexol was. As if the water just dissolves it upon contact. However, I still prefer to have the lexol coating as opposed to not having it. IMHO the lexol hides the everyday wear and tear on the leather.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:01 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

I'm still stuck on Lexol..
Old 06-25-2002, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Dom418
I'm still stuck on Lexol..
If you're stuck on it you applied too much. Just buff it a little bit and you won't get stuck. Ok, Ok, bad joke!
Old 06-25-2002, 08:50 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

Originally posted by bone_stock

If you're stuck on it you applied too much. Just buff it a little bit and you won't get stuck. Ok, Ok, bad joke!

Old 06-25-2002, 11:48 AM
:)

meguiar's leather conditioner blotches

i"ve also used that crap meguiar's leather conditioner and it left that blotchy crap all over my seats..... Does anyone know how to remove that? should i re-do the entire seat with meguiars so its basically one big blotch , or just screw meguiars and use something else (lexol, 303) and will that take care of the blotches? They are really annoying!!! :thumbsdn:
Old 06-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Re: meguiar's leather conditioner blotches

Originally posted by pofi
i"ve also used that crap meguiar's leather conditioner and it left that blotchy crap all over my seats..... Does anyone know how to remove that? should i re-do the entire seat with meguiars so its basically one big blotch , or just screw meguiars and use something else (lexol, 303) and will that take care of the blotches? They are really annoying!!! :thumbsdn:
I rubbed out the Meguiar's blotches with a microfiber cloth (you could probably use any non-icky rag) and then 303'ed the entire inside (dash, doors, seats).
Old 06-25-2002, 02:21 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i"ve also used that crap meguiar's leather conditioner and it left that blotchy crap all over my seats..... Does anyone know how to remove that? should i re-do the entire seat with meguiars so its basically one big blotch , or just screw meguiars and use something else (lexol, 303) and will that take care of the blotches? They are really annoying!!!
You used them cheapo leather wipes didn't you? Only thing worthwhile in the low-end/consumer/walmart Meguiars line is the gold class shampoo and the quick detailer (cheaper than the final inspection). Stay away from the rest of the gold class line if you want to compare it to the zaino & other high end stuff.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by EricS
You used them cheapo leather wipes didn't you
...and it seemed like a good purchase at the time!?!?! :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

How much do you think a 'jug' of the leather wipes will go for on eBay?
Old 06-25-2002, 02:38 PM
:)

Originally posted by Slimey
...and it seemed like a good purchase at the time!?!?! :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

How much do you think a 'jug' of the leather wipes will go for on eBay?
yeah i got those crap leather wipes too, i thought they were so cool when they were in the stupid bottle.... Then i start to use them and WTF!? it dispenses the entire lotion deposit on the first place you wipe and doesnt get the rest of the chair!!!! :angry: :thumbsdn: I saw those spots after it dried and was so mad....and they dont wipe off !!! I have the meguiars shampoo and detailer too....they are ok....dont put any poor ebayer through the same misery!!!

Quick Reply: What leather/dash conditioner do you use?