What is it with this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 04:20 PM
Got Boost?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it with this forum?

Why is it that on this forum the people can never help you....I ask a simple question, and no one replies. Not to sound like a prick or anything, but when I read the S4 forums, the people help eachother with no problem at all. Even if it has been repeated like 20 times! They dont say use the search function or any of that crap. They just tell them an answer, and if that still doesnt help, they help them until they understand. Some of the people even drive to eachothers houses and help them. But here I never see any of that stuff. I don't need to be flamed, Im just wondering?

*~SHANE~*
Old 11-06-2001, 04:24 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should go to the TL forum. We are much nicer there!
Old 11-06-2001, 04:27 PM
Intermediate

Yeah, you guys aren't very helpful. But maybe that's just because you realized you all drive automatics and instead of helping eachother out you just sit at home and cry........just playing. Seriously though, get it together and help eachother out.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:33 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe cause we exhausted everything there is to talk about our cars and this board has turned into a pure "anything" goes community. I agree....people would rather postwhore in ramblings then help a newbie out with questions..

Also, everyone gets flamed no matter if you are a newbie asking a silly question or someone who just invented a new mod for the CL-S!

Sad...Very Sad!
Old 11-06-2001, 04:35 PM
Got Boost?

I agree!

That's the sad part, I'm not even a newbie...it just doesn't appeal to me to post anymore because you either get flamed, ignored, or people just dont help at all! There needs to be a change in the way people are in this forum. It has become a forum of absolutely useless rambling and post-whoreing!
Old 11-06-2001, 04:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Personally, I think this board has really slowed down in the past month or two. We are all busy working our asses off so that one day we can afford the Supercharger. Everyone used to be a lot friendlier...

-Ash
Old 11-06-2001, 04:46 PM
Got Boost?

I really don't think that the people are not as nice because they are working harder, and striving to get a supercharger. But they definately aren't helpful...
Old 11-06-2001, 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"The Search Engine not being used"...
Old 11-06-2001, 05:15 PM
Banned

We are very helpful...but when you asks things that are on FAQ...or is in your car manual, not everyone wants to answer...I try to answer everything...but if I don't know the answer..it's not always worth replying.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by EricL
"The Search Engine not being used"...
Eric you beat me to the punch again....

Over the past year we have discussed about everything possible on this car try a search.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DominicanS4
Yeah, you guys aren't very helpful. But maybe that's just because you realized you all drive automatics and instead of helping eachother out you just sit at home and cry........just playing. Seriously though, get it together and help eachother out.
hehehhe...you ready to go race in January in Sacto, Dom!?!Lemme just get my hands on that MM and my car...and we're in business...
Old 11-06-2001, 05:32 PM
Drifting

Re: What is it with this forum?

Originally posted by Pele77
Why is it that on this forum the people can never help you....I ask a simple question, and no one replies. Not to sound like a prick or anything, but when I read the S4 forums, the people help eachother with no problem at all. Even if it has been repeated like 20 times! They dont say use the search function or any of that crap. They just tell them an answer, and if that still doesnt help, they help them until they understand. Some of the people even drive to eachothers houses and help them. But here I never see any of that stuff. I don't need to be flamed, Im just wondering?

*~SHANE~*
What was/were your question(s) that make you think we are all uncareing people? Maybe we can tell you why your question(s) weren't discussed. YMMV
Old 11-06-2001, 05:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by moomaster_99
hehehhe...you ready to go race in January in Sacto, Dom!?!Lemme just get my hands on that MM and my car...and we're in business...
hey moon we have a name for the MM its called RES remember? i got so use to saying MM too. hehe:P
Old 11-06-2001, 05:34 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What is it with this forum?

What did you ask? I'm pretty sure you didn't ask anything in the A/V forum cuz if you did, you would get an answer.

BTW, your questions were answer with no flame as I saw it in "Wheel's weight" and "Springs" thread.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:41 PM
Got Boost?

I asked what springs would be good with 19' Moda R6's with a 45 offset, and 235/35 tires which is about 8 inches. And I want no rubbing or scraping at all. Do you think you can help?
Old 11-06-2001, 05:48 PM
Drifting

I asked what springs would be good with 19' Moda R6's with a 45 offset, and 235/35 tires which is about 8 inches. And I want no rubbing or scraping at all. Do you think you can help?
And what didn't you like about ROD's response to that question?
Old 11-06-2001, 06:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Well for one there aren't too many members (probably 3 or 4) who are riding on 19"'s let alone on Moda R6's rims, AND ESPECIALLY with 235/35 tires (I'd say maybe none). You've got a pretty unmatched setup there. I'd imagine that without experience we remain quiet so as not to steer you wrong and look more dumb than usual.

I'd think that a reputable wheel installer could best help you with your specs. But the fact that there weren't many answers to your inquiry should tell you something shouldn't it? Also your stipulation "And I want no rubbing or scraping at all" kinda leaves me with the feeling that if I did offer advice, and it wound up you did get rubbing and scraping, that I'd be in for a whole tanker of flaming. I have been holding off on 235/45 tires because nobody had them on until very recently. Now since a couple of folks have had 235/45 on comptech springs without rubbing I feel much better about getting them on my ride.

Ok so offhand, I'd go with the springs with the least amount and most even drop, and that my friend might be found in the FAQ.

Good Luck
Old 11-06-2001, 07:44 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Hmmmm.... I didn't see the original question. I couldn't have helped cause my rims, springs, etc are stock. Al is correct. Most of us will give anyone the answer if we not it. I don't think you wanted a bunch of replies that said "sorry, can't help ya man". Most of the time you get too many answers. Some of us are very technical, some are not. Me? I'm in between.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:13 PM
Adult Supervision

GTO, don't be shy....you're not technical

Spring and wheels are probably the hardest and most complex answer to give (too many variables).

But Al U. Minium is partly right, we don't answer if we don't have the answer. But you are partly right too - some of the guys are self-serving bitches who care nothing about anything but themselves. Well, that might have come out too strong...
Old 11-07-2001, 09:54 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pele- as has just been mentioned- the question you asked is a particularly difficult one to answer. I did not see your original post, but I am sorry you didn't get the help you needed. This forum is comprised of many people, of differing expertise, yet every one of them is willing to help if they can. Maybe, if the answer was not known, you should have been told that too. We all do try to do our best.

As to your question- my advice would be to go with the Comptechs- they will give you about a 1 1/4 inch drop. We have not used them in combination with the rims/tires you spoke of- so I suggest you will just have to try them. Maybe someone with the springs installed already would be willing to throw on the wheels and tires just to see the clearance. I'm sure it will be close- with 19s and 35 series tires.

I hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:55 AM
Honkey

I think that you may run into problems rubbing with only a 45mm offset. If I recall a guy had some 19" racing harts with that offset and he had to run a spacer. I think he also only had 7.5" wheels and 215/35/19 tires. I have a 51mm offset on my 8" wide 19's with no rubbing at all, and my car's kinda low.

-Aaron