What do you like or dislike about your CL?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
I'm still surprised people want it gone. ABS has saved my butt plenty of times. Learning threshold braking is great, but in situations like this it's not the first thing you think about. Primal thoughts reign, and in an emergency more braking force equates to more stop. And the threshold of braking changes based on the condition of the tires as they get older and the condition of the road you're on, so I wouldn't rely solely on threshold braking.

Traction control and VSA can be overpowered. If you don't like it, turn it off, and let the other 90% have an extra safety measure and let Acura have no lawsuits. Problem solved, win-win-win.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAN1
I'm still surprised people want it gone. ABS has saved my butt plenty of times. Learning threshold braking is great, but in situations like this it's not the first thing you think about. Primal thoughts reign, and in an emergency more braking force equates to more stop. And the threshold of braking changes based on the condition of the tires as they get older and the condition of the road you're on, so I wouldn't rely solely on threshold braking.

Traction control and VSA can be overpowered. If you don't like it, turn it off, and let the other 90% have an extra safety measure and let Acura have no lawsuits. Problem solved, win-win-win.
Countless studies have shown that ABS reacts faster and outperforms manual braking. Those that believe they can do better are ignorant. It might not be something you want on the race track but on the road you can't beat it. Theres a reason almost all current production vehicles have it (it's not like they can't teach people to properly manually brake, they did for years before ABS). As you said, ABS can compensate for road conditions and other variables much better then a human can. On many cars it can apply more pressure to one wheel vs another which you can't do yourself.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For me, having the car as long as I have had, my favorite aspect of the Acura CL would be the carefree nature of the car. It runs, it drives and requires little from the driver/mechanic. Other than some annoying issues-suspension related, the car has never had any mechanical problem that has stranded me and neither has it ever required excessive expensive services besides the timing belt.

The worst aspect of this car would be hmm...definitely the structural rigidity. My car has never had accident damage but certainly seems to on the flaccid side. When driving up inclines, the doors, moonroof area and various parts of the body groan like an old man climbing a flight of stairs. It is not a reassuring sound to hear. Are there any structural reinforcement kits available for these cars?

Other than that, I would definitely buy the car again. I do not really care about driving as much as I want something reliable. When buying the car, the only other car I looked at was the Toyota Camry Solara. I preferred the interior and it was smoother but the engine+amenities is what sold me on the Acura.

PS: Does anyone still have the original Acura notepad? When Acura CL's were new, they came with a notepad in the dashboard tray. It has the Acura "A" on the sheets. I just wonder whether people still have theirs.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez
Countless studies have shown that ABS reacts faster and outperforms manual braking. Those that believe they can do better are ignorant. It might not be something you want on the race track but on the road you can't beat it. Theres a reason almost all current production vehicles have it (it's not like they can't teach people to properly manually brake, they did for years before ABS). As you said, ABS can compensate for road conditions and other variables much better then a human can. On many cars it can apply more pressure to one wheel vs another which you can't do yourself.
Those countless studies have shown that the ABS system can "modulate" the brakes faster than a human can. They also very consistently show that you can actually stop the car in a shorter distance without ABS brakes than you can with them.

The only advantage to ABS brakes is that you can steer the vehicle while ABS is operating (instead of skidding out). This is huge as once ABS activates when you are in the snow, youll need to steer the car away from the obstacle because you probably won't be able to stop before it.

With all the drivers on the road, manufacturers have switched to idiot proofing driving. Don't teach people to pump their brakes, that's too complicated, just teach them to push the pedal to the floor and hold it there. Don't teach them to control a skidding car, make the car do it itself, you just keep steering as if your aren't out of control.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts

Great point about being in the snow also

I can count with 1 hand the number of times I've actually used or needed my ABS in my current 2 cars, but the few times I actually needed it, I was thankful it was there
Old 07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,460 Likes on 4,980 Posts
Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL

Great point about being in the snow also

I can count with 1 hand the number of times I've actually used or needed my ABS in my current 2 cars, but the few times I actually needed it, I was thankful it was there
Thanks, but in hindsight, I'm not sure that I really made my point about the snow. The point I was trying to make is that in the snow, once ABS kicks in, your ability to slow down the car has greatly diminished. Had ABS not kicked in you most likely could have stopped before hitting the obstacle but once it's kicked in you have to rely on steering around the obstacle.

I will say this about the CL-S ABS system, it's better than the 3rd gen TL one. In a 3rd gen TL on dry pavement if you are braking at about 60-70% of braking power and you come across a small bump in the road, when that wheel "lightens up" over the bump, you feel the ABS kick in completely unneccessarily.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
coupes are better.... WHY you ask?
- bigger doors (due to not having rear passenger doors, (how often do more than one other person sit in ur car?)) therefore 2 doors is the logical choice.
- seats in the coupe are better
- car looks WAY better as a 2 door (imho)
- only the coupe comes in a 6 speed
- only the coupe offers different (blacked out) headlights and tail lights in the 03 S model (at least i think so lol) and a silver trimmed interior

dislikes about the CL in particular
- toooo heavy
- sunroof could open more (looks like they forgot to make it open all the way... seriously) but i am use to it now.
- auto trannys have terrible gear ratios... 4th and 5th being useless pretty much

Overall... the CL is/was the BEST sport/luxury car in it's class for the $. they are super reliable and only need attention to one thing.... the trans (and if u got that on lock, which many of us on here do) then it's really not an issue.

My mom bought an 01 CL-P in BLUE with a spoiler in 2002 for 45000K brand new back in the day. went to soccer tournaments all over the province, raced many many dumb kids in their parent's cars... won EVERY TIME WHOOOO WOOOOO!!! never had ONE problem with the car... nothing!

and then my brother drove it and wrote it off so 4-5 years later I got the better one and have been in driving heaven ever since.

did i mention I am bias LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
Thanks, but in hindsight, I'm not sure that I really made my point about the snow. The point I was trying to make is that in the snow, once ABS kicks in, your ability to slow down the car has greatly diminished. Had ABS not kicked in you most likely could have stopped before hitting the obstacle but once it's kicked in you have to rely on steering around the obstacle.

I will say this about the CL-S ABS system, it's better than the 3rd gen TL one. In a 3rd gen TL on dry pavement if you are braking at about 60-70% of braking power and you come across a small bump in the road, when that wheel "lightens up" over the bump, you feel the ABS kick in completely unneccessarily.
Yes, but your point about being able to steer is more what i was referencing, once you lock brakes on snow/ice you are sliding and have no control.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Yes, but your point about being able to steer is more what i was referencing, once you lock brakes on snow/ice you are sliding and have no control.

and i'm not going to bed
Old 07-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dislike 4 gear

Like the fact that i dont really see other people driving the same car
Old 07-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Power
Comfortable
OK on gas

Dislikes
AUTOMATIC POS TRANSMISSION
Old 07-13-2010, 04:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Those countless studies have shown that the ABS system can "modulate" the brakes faster than a human can. They also very consistently show that you can actually stop the car in a shorter distance without ABS brakes than you can with them.

The only advantage to ABS brakes is that you can steer the vehicle while ABS is operating (instead of skidding out). This is huge as once ABS activates when you are in the snow, youll need to steer the car away from the obstacle because you probably won't be able to stop before it.

With all the drivers on the road, manufacturers have switched to idiot proofing driving. Don't teach people to pump their brakes, that's too complicated, just teach them to push the pedal to the floor and hold it there. Don't teach them to control a skidding car, make the car do it itself, you just keep steering as if your aren't out of control.

I'm sorry but unless you have actual proof that you personally can stop a car better without ABS I'm just gonna have to say BS that the average driver can stop shorter. The studies are done using professional drivers with YEARS of experience who can bring the tire to the very edge of their adhesion limits under nice controlled conditions.

ABS and VSA are definately life savers for most people cause it allows you to have confidence and allows you to keep your cool and do your best to avoid hitting something by allowing you to maintain control of your car.

2 years ago I was rear ended by some person who did not have abs on his car and he could not stop in time from hitting me as I came to a stop safely without hitting the guy in front of me or the guy to the side of me.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Totally inaccurate the 3rd gen TL ABS system is a 4 channel system vs 3 channel for the CL type S. The CL type S only enters into 4 channel mode when VSA is activated. Also the 3rd gen system VSA can act upon all 4 wheels where the CL type S only acts upon the front 2 to control skidding
Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
Totally inaccurate the 3rd gen TL ABS system is a 4 channel system vs 3 channel for the CL type S. The CL type S only enters into 4 channel mode when VSA is activated. Also the 3rd gen system VSA can act upon all 4 wheels where the CL type S only acts upon the front 2 to control skidding
I didn't say anything about which was a 4 channel system or a 3 channel system. All I said was that the 3rd gen TL system has a tendency to kick in when I an braking over a washboard surface when my CL would not have.

In regards to the previous post about actual hard data showing I can stop the car faster without ABS intervention than I can with. I don't have any, I guess I could find a road where I could get it up to 60 and measure it out with and without ABS intervention and videotape the results.

With ABS pulsating on you, the brakes are actually only slowing the car about 50% of the time you are pushing the pedal down (when they grab, not when they release). If you are braking hard without ABS intervention, your brakes are slowing the car 100% of the time you are pushing the pedal down.

Originally Posted by AAA website
Do cars with ABS stop more quickly than cars without it?

Under most conditions, a vehicle with a good anti-lock brake system can stop in a slightly shorter distance than an average driver could accomplish in the same vehicle without ABS; however, that is not the main purpose of ABS, and the difference is generally not great enough to notice or be of any real use. ABS certainly doesn't improve your stopping distance nearly enough to justify driving faster or following more closely!

ABS can actually lengthen stopping distances on some surfaces, such as loose snow, dirt, or gravel, because of effects that occur during locked-wheel skidding that are unique to those surfaces.

The importance of ABS to you as a driver is that it helps you to retain control of your vehicle during a maximal braking effort. Without ABS, if you brake hard enough to lock your wheels, you will not be able to steer the vehicle, and the vehicle may skid sideways or spin around. Two-wheel ABS will prevent the vehicle from spinning out of control, and four-wheel ABS will actually allow you to retain the ability to steer your vehicle while you're still braking.
http://www.aaafoundation.org/resourc...utton=abs#stop

Now I know you'll focus in on the line about the average driver being able to stop the car in a slightly shorter distance with a good ABS system. I would consider myself better than the average driver (I'm not saying I'm the greatest or even close to that, just better than average). ABS is a benefit to the "average" and "below average" drivers in terms of shortening braking distance but to the above average drivers the only benefit is being able to steer during a skid.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Suzuka Master

^ what you consider yourself is illrelevent. what the facts say are.

yes ABS does have it's advantages especially when you are trying to stop on wet ice or slushy snow. It will stop you in a shorter distance because the computer can pulse the brakes much faster and more consistantly than you can.

are there instances where abs takes longer to stop? sure but overall the benifits outweigh the risks

and btw when I hit potholes the little triangle comes on in the car just the same as the 3rd gen TL... from my experience having driven both cars

oh and that website you quited had this to say as well re VSA

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety provides a detailed explanation of ESC in their January 3, 2005 Status Report, including a brief summary of their recent study which found ESC to be very effective in reducing single-vehicle crashes. IE people panicing and over-reacting to a situation.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:04 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Performance & sound with mods
Heated seats
Reliability

Dislikes: the paint quality sucks
small turning radius
stereo system
lack of oem Bluetooth
type of leather used on the seats
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice balance of luxury and sport in the S-Type
Very reliable, and 30mpg at 75mph

Dislikes:
awful auto trans
perforated leather (when it tears)
Very small sunroof (compared to my GS430's roof, the Acura's is like a mail slot)
Issues with the stereo -- I thought the Bose would sound better than it actually does
Paint could be better on my '01
Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 PM

yes ABS does have it's advantages especially when you are trying to stop on wet ice or slushy snow. It will stop you in a shorter distance because the computer can pulse the brakes much faster and more consistantly than you can.

are there instances where abs takes longer to stop? sure but overall the benifits outweigh the risks

and btw when I hit potholes the little triangle comes on in the car just the same as the 3rd gen TL... from my experience having driven both cars

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety provides a detailed explanation of ESC in their January 3, 2005 Status Report, including a brief summary of their recent study which found ESC to be very effective in reducing single-vehicle crashes. IE people panicing and over-reacting to a situation.
We've already agreed that ABS is beneficial in wet/icey/snowy roads.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

The part in bold is just wrong. ABS brakes will not stop you faster in the snow, they only allow you to steer instead of skid. In a straight line in snow, dirt or gravel you will stop faster if you skid and hold straight as you build a wedge up in front of the tires, however if you want to steer in this situation to avoid an accident, you are screwed as you will have little control if you try to turn.

Refer back to my post that linked to AAA, the part I bolded out states the same thing only they say it is because of "because of effects that occur during locked-wheel skidding that are unique to those surfaces." Those unique effects are the wedging of snow dirt or gravel under the wheels as you skid.

Back to my 2nd gen CL vs 3rd gen TL ABS complaint. I think you have a point. My CL is a 6MT, I have no VSA. It's probably the VSA system that is making the ABS kick instead of actual wheel lock up under braking. Either way it was annoying to me and I prefer the way my CL handles it over the TL.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
Nice balance of luxury and sport in the S-Type
Very reliable, and 30mpg at 75mph

Dislikes:
awful auto trans
perforated leather (when it tears)
Very small sunroof (compared to my GS430's roof, the Acura's is like a mail slot)
Issues with the stereo -- I thought the Bose would sound better than it actually does
Paint could be better on my '01
The sunroof is small, but you gotta give it a little credit, it might be the fastest opening sunroof out there.

IMO the only thing Bose is good at is making decent speakers in extremely small packages. They produce good mid range sound but their highs and lows just suck. It's amazing how long people will keep buying something because of the name when their are numerous products that are so much better.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The sunroof is small, but you gotta give it a little credit, it might be the fastest opening sunroof out there.

IMO the only thing Bose is good at is making decent speakers in extremely small packages. They produce good mid range sound but their highs and lows just suck. It's amazing how long people will keep buying something because of the name when their are numerous products that are so much better.
+1 on the bad factory stereo. got a system now so its all good. and it would be great if it was rwd but dont mind fwd for a daily driver.

Last edited by 2Fast4you; 07-14-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Suzuka Master

The part in bold is just wrong. ABS brakes will not stop you faster in the snow, they only allow you to steer instead of skid. In a straight line in snow, dirt or gravel you will stop faster if you skid and hold straight as you build a wedge up in front of the tires, however if you want to steer in this situation to avoid an accident, you are screwed as you will have little control if you try to turn.

Refer back to my post that linked to AAA, the part I bolded out states the same thing only they say it is because of "because of effects that occur during locked-wheel skidding that are unique to those surfaces." Those unique effects are the wedging of snow dirt or gravel under the wheels as you skid.

Back to my 2nd gen CL vs 3rd gen TL ABS complaint. I think you have a point. My CL is a 6MT, I have no VSA. It's probably the VSA system that is making the ABS kick instead of actual wheel lock up under braking. Either way it was annoying to me and I prefer the way my CL handles it over the TL.
Lol it won't I know from EXPERIENCE that ABS DEFINATELY stops you in a shorter distance (you can claim all you want that it does not but it does) on wet slusy snow and ice that is wet. 'cause you to slide due to the WATER that is on top of it acting as a lubricant. When you are sliding on wet ice or snow you HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED or NO GRIP and you cannot pump the brakes fast enough to bring the car to a stop in a shorter distance than an abs car. The ABS system more successfull in this scenario

btw last winter I was rear ended by a dude who could not stop his much ligher non abs equipped car in the same distance I stopped the CL with abs brakes in and I was moving FASTER than he was when I started to stop. By your reasoning, he should have been able to stop in a shorter distance and should have never hit me. He managed to almost push me into the car in front of me (that's how slippery the surface was) I could see him coming in the rearview mirror as his cars was wobbling back and forth as he tried to stop. when i came to a stop I had about 1 car lenght in front of me and he pushed me up 7-8 ft easily

yes I know on a nice dry surface a properly trained driver can stop a car in a shorter distance than a abs car but it isn't going to stop in 25% less distance. Also gravel surface has a lot of friction and when you lock up your tire you are not generating enough heat to melt the tire as the rocks are taking the brunt of the load. same for the snow when it is really cold outside as it does not melt as much either.

when you skid a tire on a nice try surface you are actually liquifying the rubber compound and that causes your stopping distance to increase significantly as you slide along...abs prevents this from happening

you claim an abs car will only be working the brakes 50% of the time. ABS works on the front two wheels independantly and the rear wheels as a group and can modulate each of the 3(or 4) channels independantly and only works on the wheel(s) that need(s) it- something a driver cannot do himself

I also grew up with cars that did not have abs and how to keep from skidding in both fwd cars and rwd cars (each is different) and I am thankfull that cars DO have abs and vsa now and would never want to go back to a car without abs.

Last edited by YeuEmMaiMai; 07-14-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:51 AM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by odiofyl
I know that this is such a broad question, but I am interested in your opinion.

I had the 2nd gen CL 2001. I got rid of it because of the tranny.

Like:
Power
Interior Styling
Navi
Seat Styling
Exterior Styling

Dislike (Other than my tranny problems)
Weight - too heavy, maybe I do not need sunroof, do you like sunroof?
All season tires
Lack of aftermarket support as compared to other OEM models (I hd comptech header, AEM intake, volk GTC wheels, VIS CF hood, body kit)

I kind of miss the old Integra. Tell me what you think?
still needs more power , but yeah from the factory it moves quite well

navi, LMFAO, if only every body had it, i would like it though

weight, can't really complain, it is suppose to be a luxary/quiet car afterall, and part of that is increased sound insulation which does add weight

sunroof, personally i could do without it, it's nice and all but i don't really use it much though (except for tilting when parking for a little venting, but even then that's if i remember), i drive mainly with my windows shut

all season tire

lack of support, that is actually kinda the nice part in a way, means that you are less likely to see a copy of your car, so more unique, but yes more work though
Old 07-14-2010, 02:49 PM

^ Im with you on the lack of support. Sometimes it sucks, but I think it actually brings out the ingenuity in us and we accomplish cooler things.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i agree with whoever said cracking the window even a little bit in the rain sucks. water pours in
Old 07-14-2010, 03:06 PM
2003 CL-S 6MT

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I also agree with the lack of support, it motivates ingenuity, but prices for basic mods are threw the roof e.g. headers esp. for 6 speeders only option now is Comptech unless you can find used XS Headers.

Luxury
Rarity 1 of 3,511

Dislikes:
My car seems to run like a freak or a dog but its always has been there when needed
Old 07-14-2010, 03:08 PM

^ Agreed, for some reason the stock ECU is very inconsistent for me. One day I feel every last HP and the next I feel like Im driving a torqueless Civic.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
yep and i refuse to put on window visors
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
B A N N E D

Lol it won't I know from EXPERIENCE that ABS DEFINATELY stops you in a shorter distance (you can claim all you want that it does not but it does) on wet slusy snow and ice that is wet. 'cause you to slide due to the WATER that is on top of it acting as a lubricant. When you are sliding on wet ice or snow you HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED or NO GRIP and you cannot pump the brakes fast enough to bring the car to a stop in a shorter distance than an abs car. The ABS system more successfull in this scenario

btw last winter I was rear ended by a dude who could not stop his much ligher non abs equipped car in the same distance I stopped the CL with abs brakes in and I was moving FASTER than he was when I started to stop. By your reasoning, he should have been able to stop in a shorter distance and should have never hit me. He managed to almost push me into the car in front of me (that's how slippery the surface was) I could see him coming in the rearview mirror as his cars was wobbling back and forth as he tried to stop. when i came to a stop I had about 1 car lenght in front of me and he pushed me up 7-8 ft easily

yes I know on a nice dry surface a properly trained driver can stop a car in a shorter distance than a abs car but it isn't going to stop in 25% less distance. Also gravel surface has a lot of friction and when you lock up your tire you are not generating enough heat to melt the tire as the rocks are taking the brunt of the load. same for the snow when it is really cold outside as it does not melt as much either.

when you skid a tire on a nice try surface you are actually liquifying the rubber compound and that causes your stopping distance to increase significantly as you slide along...abs prevents this from happening

you claim an abs car will only be working the brakes 50% of the time. ABS works on the front two wheels independantly and the rear wheels as a group and can modulate each of the 3(or 4) channels independantly and only works on the wheel(s) that need(s) it- something a driver cannot do himself

I also grew up with cars that did not have abs and how to keep from skidding in both fwd cars and rwd cars (each is different) and I am thankfull that cars DO have abs and vsa now and would never want to go back to a car without abs.
also what happens when just one wheel is on a slippary surface, if you try modulating it yourself, you will not be able to put the full braking effort to the other wheels cause you are trying to keep that one from locking up (less pressure to the other ones)

also you should try the ABS/traction with stainless steel brakelines what a difference those made, from being kinda sloppy/slow with the stock lines, to being nice and sharp/firm/fast to the point where you almost have trouble even telling that it is activated
Old 07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
^ Agreed, for some reason the stock ECU is very inconsistent for me. One day I feel every last HP and the next I feel like Im driving a torqueless Civic.
x3, does the same thing for me too, and btw it almost seems like somewhere between 75-85 degrees out is the breaking point between power and slow
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Cruisin'

No memory seat for passenger, no telescopic wheel.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:28 AM

x2 on the telescopic wheel. Ive learned to live without it though.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Cruisin'

not the end of the world .. but when you know the predecssor that was 10 years older (acura legends) all had them .... it makes you scratch your head a bit.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:41 AM

Yea. But, the CL does have the same switchgear that my 94 Prelude had, so I can't really expect much
Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
Roar of stock engine
Sunroof
Stock muffler
6 Disc CD Changer
Nice leather seats
Bose Audio
Factory Stereo (I don't know why you guys all complain about this:P)
Big coupe door
Stock HID

DISLIKES:
That mine is an auto (spent around 3-4k on rebuild already)
There's no stock subwoofer
Steering wheel isn't sport
Can't use manumatic to shift from first gear to second (auto shifts)
Fuel Economy (Fill 91 supreme almost twice a week...)
Cassette player (what is this... 1990's?)
No aux jack... at all.
Fog light isn't HID's
Sunroof slides/opens inwards instead of out like some sport car
My passenger side heated seat doesn't work... lol
Long car = not much of turning radius as said above
Stereo Headunit kind of glitchy.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:42 AM

You like how heavy this car is?? And how many miles (or km) do you go between fill ups and how many gallons is it to fillup? I average ~400 miles on ~14.5 gallons.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
My average is 260-300 miles from a tank. But i do alot stop n go and i drive it like i stole it.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:40 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by StreetKA
My average is 260-300 miles from a tank. But i do alot stop n go and i drive it like i stole it.
lol less then that here, but my tranny is f***ing up though (like 18-19 mpg , my driving might not help though ), but i can still get like 30 mpg on the highway though, for going like 200 miles at about 75-90 mph, while also gaining like 2000 feet in altittude
Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewcjduong
Roar of stock engine
Sunroof
Stock muffler
6 Disc CD Changer
Nice leather seats
Bose Audio
Factory Stereo (I don't know why you guys all complain about this:P)
Big coupe door
Stock HID

DISLIKES:
That mine is an auto (spent around 3-4k on rebuild already)
There's no stock subwoofer
Steering wheel isn't sport
Can't use manumatic to shift from first gear to second (auto shifts)
Fuel Economy (Fill 91 supreme almost twice a week...)
Cassette player (what is this... 1990's?)
No aux jack... at all.
Fog light isn't HID's
Sunroof slides/opens inwards instead of out like some sport car
My passenger side heated seat doesn't work... lol
Long car = not much of turning radius as said above
Stereo Headunit kind of glitchy.
Likes: Roar of stock engine? Weight of car? What did you have before a Chevy Aveo?

Quick Reply: What do you like or dislike about your CL?