What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:44 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face What to do?

Hey everybody im a relatively new member to the board, but i have been reading it for over a few months. I own a 2001 CL-S with barely any minor mods, ( AEM colad air intake) 18" Motegi MR4s, and for the interior a 800 watt polk-momo Amp with one 10 inch JL audio sub.(purchased the car short of a year ago) My car has 75,000 miles on it and Im planning to have the transmission replaced in a week. I've been having second thoughts on my CL tho, by all means this car is not intended for racing but none the less it saddens me when i was destroyed by a 99 Mustang GT with minor bolt-ons ( yes i know the specs, and it is technically right he beat me.) Not to say i havent had my fun beating fart-blowing civics and so on. But in a town full of Z28's, Cobras,GT's Im starting to realize i might need more. Even with Comptech Headers, Comptech exhaust and even a comptech supercharger im not sure if these numbers will be sufficient, I currently have recieved a new job so money is not the biggest issue, I have GTO's and Evos on the brain but i love the CL and am in a very hard position. Any suggestions comments ( BE EASYY 17 year old NEWB)..
Old 03-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you all you want to do is beat rwd American muscle, then you should go with one of those cars. They are easy and cheap to mod. Evo's and STI's are your other option, but aren't that cheap to mod.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:22 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After spending some good time on this site and looking at many CL-S performance related sites, I have decided to keep it. but thanks