what can i do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what can i do?

alright. so im live in the bay area in california. i bought a used 2001 cl type s at an acura dealership in concord. they just had the car in and i bought it that day. they havent even detailed the car. they promised that they would the next tiem i brought it in. i brought the cl in the next 5 days on a tuesday, 8/24. they fixed the automatic right mirrow go-er downer thing that was broken, the hood was out of alignment, they detailed the INSIDE and thats all they did. they told me that the hood wasnt able to be fixed becasue they didnt have the machinery to fix, but a body shop had it. i had to take the car back cuz i needed it and i didnt want to be stuck with a tsx. they also didnt even detail the outside of the car, there were still blotches of dirt and some tree sap and stuff on the car. they said they would do that for me also.
so i bring my car in the next week, 8/31, which was also my birthday. they promised that they would detail my car and fix my hood. and they sed it would take about 2 days. i left it there and they gave me a call today seyign that it would be done by the end of the day. i told them to do the lock out procedure becasue i wouldnt make it before they closed and they sed thay would. so i get there at about 7:30 and i realize that i forgot my key remote to get into my car. i was like. damn... this is suckie... so all i did was inspect the car. i noticed that they backed my car into something, like a pole, and it was all the way to the metal. it was on the corner of my rear bumper on the passenger side. and then i realize that they didnt even clean the outside of my car well at all. it still had the same fingerprint marks i left on there the day i left it. man i was mad. im just leaving my car there and im jsut goign back the next morning.
but what can i do about what they did to my car? i inspected it before i left it there and there was only a scratch in my trunk. they left my car all messed up and i jsut need help tryign to figure out what i can argue. i want my car to be fixed, and i want to have a better loaner than a underpowered tsx. what can i do? please respond to this quick! thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 11:19 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, i would demand a new bumper. they have to pick up the bill at the collision and provide you with a loaner. be sure to talk to the manager at the dealer and threaten to complain to acura head quarters
Old 09-01-2004, 11:20 PM
who got the best deal?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damnn thast fucked up talk to the general manager, dont get loud or anything just act polite. if he doesnt respond well just let him know that you will be submiting your complaint to acura care and that you do intent to get what you paid for
Old 09-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Cruisin'

but wouldnt they just say that they didnt do it? like... wouldnt they ask do i have proof.. liek a picture before i brouguht it in? i inspected the car before i left it there, but what if they jsut bs me out of what is right? then what shuold i do?
Old 09-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Instructor

When i took my car to acura i had to drive around a ford taurus. I would have killed for a tsx. Just get it done and over with. If you can bring your parents with you next time, for some reason they get very submissive as soon as someone over 40 comes in. Any one under 30 and they get very condecending.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Advanced

first of all be happy you have a tsx, second of all dont ever forget that dealerships want only one thing and that is money. They are nice enough to give you a tsx so from that i would suspect that your dealership isnt as bad as the crappy ones out there. you need to talk to your dealerships about your problem knowing that they only want money, that is the only way you can protect yourself from further abuses, just my 0.02

ps: bringing your parents would help
Old 09-02-2004, 02:35 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Man, where the fuck were you when I was looking for a buyer for my car?. Shit I'm still trying to get rid of it. Perfect fukin condition and already modded! Sheesh! How much did you pay? Sorry to hear bout your problems. Wait till you get to the tranny issues! whoo hoo, fun days ahead of you buddy!
Old 09-02-2004, 02:58 AM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by TypeS_boi
Man, where the fuck were you when I was looking for a buyer for my car?. Shit I'm still trying to get rid of it. Perfect fukin condition and already modded! Sheesh! How much did you pay? Sorry to hear bout your problems. Wait till you get to the tranny issues! whoo hoo, fun days ahead of you buddy!

Amen. And same situation with me... being 18 and all. They look at me like I don't know shit. I can sure as hell say that i know a lot more than a lot of the sales/service reps (through this website of course )
Old 09-02-2004, 03:40 AM

Your dealer is dicking you around, that window problem is like a 40 second fix, the proceedure is in the manual. The hoods aligning a hood requires a ratchet & socket and at the most two guys to accomplish. Wow, those guys sound like they're LAZY!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Banned

I'd get a carfax report if you have not already got one
Old 09-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Sold but not Forgotten...

Talk to your general manager.. and explain exactly what has happened... No need to take any BS for stating that it was there.. or it wasnt done, bla bla bla... You have a right to complain since service was promised, and you gave them enough time for it. Talk to them and see where it takes ya.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:43 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I feel for you, it's not you cause you're younger, it's frustrating even for us over 30..er 40.. too at dealershps. They are pros at manipulating and I don't trust them either. Just stand your ground and ask/demand what was promised and what you feel should be done.
Hopefully there is another Acura dealer in your area you can use in the future for warranty work, like the misaligned hood, (if it was not wrecked). demand a Carfax report from the dealer.
I've had the same issues when buying a used car from the Acura dealer. go to a mgr either used car magr or a sales magr if you still do not get what you want. good luck.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Got CL-S?

I take my car to that dealership, and ACURA OF CONCORD sucks balls. I don't recommend it at all. Try to talk to the GM and see what they'd do. I have suffered w/ this dealership, but i have no other choice. The closest to me is about 40 mins. They usually note the dings and scratches when they first take my car in. They did scratch my car once (before they started noting dings and scrathes), but there was no way to proof that, and they're willing to argue w/ you all the way as long as you don't have any proof they did it (they are not union, they are privately owned). I sometimes think of getting something else other than Acura, because their service is horrible. I recommend the Honda dealership across from them. They do a much better job, and for cheaper rates. Who was your service advisor?