Weird Question: Why do you all black out your license pictures??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 10:24 PM
Adult Supervision

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Question: Why do you all black out your license pictures??

When you post pictures, a lot of you black out the plate number. I can't fathom why. Its not like we can track you down with that information...and its not like its secret to the world...WHY?

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no CAI, no money! (but I got a nice new kitchen!)
Old 04-18-2001, 10:26 PM
w.t.f., mate?

Psychological issues I guess...

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~
Old 04-18-2001, 10:27 PM
Racer

I'm one of those that does it and I can't answer your question of why! I have no idea I just do it. However, you actually can find out info on people with the license plate # but I do agree, it's not a secret since it's displayed in public when you drive around.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S - San Marino Red / Parchment - #26519
non-nav - spoiler - wheel locks - splash guards - PIAA 19169s - Zaino baby! - Pics of my car
Old 04-18-2001, 10:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Ssshhh. I asked that long ago. Two reasons.

It's because of all of the white powder (confectioners sugar) in between the seats.

The many engineers in the forums have nuclear devices in their gb's.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 04-18-2001, 10:31 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What are u talking about u cant find out any info just by a plate??
I seen this slammin chick at the 7-11 in my town and we were both i ing each other down but i didnt have enough ballz to talk to ger but did get her plate, went to my cop friend ran it, turns out she had 2 kids, found out everything about her?
Say someone post there pick of there system, and there plate is there, someone can easily get the address of the owner, and steal exactly what they want, they know whats in your trunk, got it?

I might not be no geniouse, but a lil common sense please?
Old 04-18-2001, 10:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TakeFlight:
I'm one of those that does it and I can't answer your question of why! I have no idea I just do it. However, you actually can find out info on people with the license plate # but I do agree, it's not a secret since it's displayed in public when you drive around.

</font>
There were some rather nasty "stalker" incidents in California. It was possible at one time to get "ANY" information about a person from their license plate info.

They have tighter restrictions on getting info (at least via the DMV) on getting the home address and other info on a given license plate.

The way they keep records (no security and safeguards) makes it very easy for "professionals" and others to get all of your home and driver info from a license plate.

If I was posting on the Internet, I would black out my license plate.

(just my opinions...)

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines ordered
  • Comptech headers & sways ready
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-18-2001, 10:35 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StonedCL:
What are u talking about u cant find out any info just by a plate??
I seen this slammin chick at the 7-11 in my town and we were both i ing each other down but i didnt have enough ballz to talk to ger but did get her plate, went to my cop friend ran it, turns out she had 2 kids, found out everything about her?
Say someone post there pick of there system, and there plate is there, someone can easily get the address of the owner, and steal exactly what they want, they know whats in your trunk, got it?

I might not be no geniouse, but a lil common sense please?
</font>
As usual, you're still no SPELLER EITHER! LOL!

Okay, I'll buy that reason. Hey, why couldn't your cop friend help you with that trouble you had on your accident (running, mexican bag lady in the meadowlands or something... )

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no CAI, no money! (but I got a nice new kitchen!)
Old 04-18-2001, 10:40 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TakeFlight:

</font>
Your name "TakeFlight" is enough for us to think you are in the Federal Witness Protection Program like me!

I honestly don't know either but it seems to be a general thing not to do. I fuzzed mine out as well.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 04-18-2001, 10:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Stoned thats the point. The plates are visible to everybody on the street. Like in your perfect example of cunning. So if the plates are visible on the street, where the people interested know the physical location of the car, then why block it out on the net? True more see it on the net but unless you suffer from delusions, people in Canada or Hong Kong just dont give a sh*t or might have no practical reasons to pursue the matter. Hmm?
Old 04-18-2001, 10:50 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Al Uminum:
Stoned thats the point. The plates are visible to everybody on the street. Like in your perfect example of cunning. So if the plates are visible on the street, where the people interested know the physical location of the car, then why block it out on the net? True more see it on the net but unless you suffer from delusions, people in Canada or Hong Kong just dont give a sh*t or might have no practical reasons to pursue the matter. Hmm?</font>
Good point -- maybe this particular point depends on the demeanor of the person on the net vs. the way they drive on the street, or who they cut off, etc.

When you toss that picture up on the net, then add a few controversial statements, and oops, you never know.

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-18-2001, 10:57 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Probably the sanest comment yet: http://www.off-topic.net/noncgi/Forum1/HTML/031303.html

------------------
Old 04-18-2001, 10:57 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
As usual, you're still no SPELLER EITHER! LOL!

Okay, I'll buy that reason. Hey, why couldn't your cop friend help you with that trouble you had on your accident (running, mexican bag lady in the meadowlands or something... )

</font>

The mexican lady was not wearing her plates.

Im saying when u see a car on the street , u have no clue what kinda system he has in his trunk , but if he posts pics of his system on the net then u know exactly what he got, and SMART criminals will take advantage!
Old 04-18-2001, 10:59 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
Your name "TakeFlight" is enough for us to think you are in the Federal Witness Protection Program like me!
</font>
Shhhh!!!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S - San Marino Red / Parchment - #26519
non-nav - spoiler - wheel locks - splash guards - PIAA 19169s - Zaino baby! - Pics of my car
Old 04-18-2001, 11:05 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
Probably the sanest comment yet: http://www.off-topic.net/noncgi/Forum1/HTML/031303.html

</font>
DMV -- difficult to get info (at least in CA, unless you pay someone off at the DMV office)

AS A NOTE -- when I mentioned "professionals", I was referring to law offices, search services, and other people that can find out just about anything on you, once they get a good start.

SSN -- forget about it -- hacker time (your screwed)

License Plate -- from there, address, driving records, insurance, police info, and on-and-on.

(Let's just say that someone I know can get just about any info on anybody once they have a few tidbits of info -- OK)

Do your really want your license plate on the net -- I'm mean you hope they keep Charles Manson locked up (are you sure he isn't watching)

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-18-2001, 11:34 PM
Race Director

When you post your plate on the net along with your identify, you are making a connection. If I drive around the streets with my LP in full view, they still can't say "hey there's kensteele". I'm nobody; no one but letters and numbers. But once I say my LP is "ABC123", then you can take it from there as others have mentioned. Here's a Kansas license plate: LLP 314. Who cares, right? If I told you that was the CEO of Hallmark, then you just might care.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 04-19-2001, 01:14 AM
Drifting

Kensteele,

I'll be in Kansas City next month.

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-19-2001, 01:15 AM
ACME sucks!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
When you post pictures, a lot of you black out the plate number. I can't fathom why. Its not like we can track you down with that information...and its not like its secret to the world...WHY?

</font>
Not true. You can track a plate number to a person, as well as their address and other info..... you just have to know the right people or have the right credentials.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi/No Spoiler
Competch springs
35% tint
PIAA 19169 bulbs
K&N 33-2178 air filter

The Aviation Zone
Old 04-19-2001, 03:29 AM
do it yourself, !

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I seen this slammin chick at the 7-11 in my town and we were both i ing each other down but i didnt have enough ballz to talk to ger but did get her plate, went to my cop friend ran it, turns out she had 2 kids, found out everything about her?
</font>
Wow StonedCL, remind me to tell Britney Spears never to go to your town, you stalker!! jk..hehe

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - Chrome AMG Rims
Old 04-19-2001, 04:07 AM
Rx Master

well i would love to show everyone my vanity plate but i really dont want people to come and find out my info and sht, althogh it says the car is registered to my old address and since ive moved, i dont care that much. i dont have anything in my car that somewould want to steal anyway. heres my plate.

wg

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
hyperwhie highbeams and corner lights, and eyeball fogs. 620+ posts makes me still a freak on the old Cl page.
my cl-s http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=11443786
Old 04-19-2001, 10:30 AM
Adult Supervision

I'd be more embarrassed than anything else in showing that plate!

------------------
Old 04-19-2001, 11:13 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
When you post your plate on the net along with your identify, you are making a connection. If I drive around the streets with my LP in full view, they still can't say "hey there's kensteele". I'm nobody; no one but letters and numbers. But once I say my LP is "ABC123", then you can take it from there as others have mentioned. Here's a Kansas license plate: LLP 314. Who cares, right? If I told you that was the CEO of Hallmark, then you just might care.

</font>
You live in Kansas! Whatever bad happens there? NJ is a different story. I gotta worry about StonedCL. BTW, Ken, I met Matt at the last meet. He's actually a nice guy! Hell, we even talked about you! We figured the only person on the board that day was you! Cuz we were all at the meet!

------------------
Old 04-19-2001, 12:25 PM
magnet

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeN:
Not true. You can track a plate number to a person, as well as their address and other info..... you just have to know the right people or have the right credentials.

</font>
people like me hehehe i own a tag agency its like dmv where you get your registration, titles, personalize plates, here in florida(dade county) there are private agencies, unlike cali and ny for example, so u shouldnt post the plates cuz trust me i can look up anyones info from where they live to their social security but i can only do that to people in my state, aND TRUST me down here is the theft capital thats why a lot of people when they go 2 car shows take their plates off

------------------
2001 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter and b&m tranny cooler)3.5 litre upgrade on april 16!(dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished, vtec timing

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
my cl http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...064&Sequence=0
Old 04-20-2001, 12:35 AM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spiroh:
Kensteele,

I'll be in Kansas City next month.

Spiro
</font>
Sprio, what's happening here in KC? Are you driving to here?

gto2050, yeah there were only a few folks on the board that day. After seeing the pics, I wish I'd been there but NJ is just too far. Still thinking of Chi meet. I'm sure ALL you guys are nice guys but I still say you'd be surprised if you met me.....

...Someone said pipe-smoking, flannel shirt, older country guy from rural Kansas?

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 04-20-2001, 12:41 PM
KISS MY

Know we know you moved... and can get your new address from the phone company... Keep the plates of the net...

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs