Weir Canyon Acura gets into an Accident with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't complain to acura corporate, unless you REALLY hate this dealership. They take them very seriously, the dealer would be in some serious hot water.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Mine had only 2 doors

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
Issue 1: So the dealer messed up his bumper. They will fix it and according to what I'm reading, they did. Everybody makes mistakes and accidents happen. Issue resolved.

Issue 2: He couldn't pick up the car himself because he didn't drop it off at the body shop. Rules are Rules, Policies are Policies...nothing else can be done. Issue 2 resolved.

Issue 3: His car was rear-ended while the driver was returning the car to the dealership from the bodyshop. SUV lady's insurance will fix it so hopefully issue 3 will be resolved.

Issue 4: It seems to be a case of "when it rains...it pours". Dealership isn't required by law to do anything more, but ethically they should since they have a pissed customer on their hands and they were involved (although not legally at fault for some of it). Maybe free service and discounts, or even monetary. So hopefully issue 4 will be resolved somehow.

But all this talk about "Make 'em give you a new car!" or "Take'em for everything you can!" just screams "I'M A CRYBABY! GIVE ME MORE MORE MORE!!!" (not saying that Pimp is a crybaby, just that this is what some of these posts are suggesting Pimp try to be).

Bottom line: Should the dealership compensate you for INCONVENIENCING you? YES! But they shouldn't compensate you MORE just because you are MORE pissed (ie try to KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE).
If this happened to you you would do the same exact thing if you say no I call you would seriously say ok fix my car and give it back, the accident i can forget about.....YEA OK. F THAT this guy has every right to be pissed as much as he is. He isnt a crybaby now that his car is going to be worth a couple K less. Also this is Acura were talking about, not some privately owned store or autobody......even though this dealership is probably privately owned its still has ties to a very large corporation. Maybe he shouldnt get a NEW car....but they should give him a used cl-s that has around the same milage/yr....its not like he hasnt taken enough of a beating with depreciation on this bc of the tranny and it being discontinued now hes got an accident on this car.

THIS IS 100% THE DEALERSHIPS FAULT, the car was in their hands and it is there responsibilty that they give you the car back as it was given to them. Now that the car has been in an accident your value of the car has greatly depreciated. Hence they should reimburse him with what this has done to his car.

You should seek a lawyer and bring a suit to them if they will not fulfill your requirements.(thsi is when you will see the dealership start to actually listen to you) I would no doubt complain to the BBB and to Corporate Acura if they do not agree to waht you want to be done, this will not hurt you (only help u) only the crap ass dealership.

I know of one story that was posted here a yr or two ago when an acura dealership had an highly modified NSX(blower,kit ect) in their hands, and some one of there technicians took it out for a test drive after they fix whatever had to be done to the car....AND THE TECH CRASHED IT bc he couldnt handle the power......long story short the guy got a new/used NSX and they put all the mods back in
Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
I never take my car to the dealership anymore after my experiences at them as a customer. I also use to work for one, and my friends use to as well. The techs I was around, treated the cars like shit. Even the sales people would take random cars off the lot as their "beater" car for lunch.

Anyways, sucks to hear you have to deal with this. Btw, your only 15min from where I live. What's up!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:33 AM
A CL-TYPE S 6 SPEED OWNER

Talking

Originally Posted by Cocoa
I never take my car to the dealership anymore after my experiences at them as a customer. I also use to work for one, and my friends use to as well. The techs I was around, treated the cars like shit. Even the sales people would take random cars off the lot as their "beater" car for lunch.

Anyways, sucks to hear you have to deal with this. Btw, your only 15min from where I live. What's up!
Thanks for you concern hommie, I know there are many different opinions on this issue, but i am still really pissed off. Everyone has good point on this issue, but i still feel that the dealer is responsible for the damage. My car is still there and nothing has been done about it. The lady's insurance is lagging about sending an adjuster out, they lied to me and told me someone would be out on Tuesday and no one went out. So i am still without my baby and it is still at the dealer collecting dust and that really pisses me the fuck off! I want to kick someones ass bad! But any how, about them giving me a new/used cl-s, i don't want that because my car only has 24k miles on it and its all HWY miles. The car is in flawless condition interior wise and was flawless exterior wise until they fucked it up. So what im seeking from them is full repair of the car with all the parts on the rear of the car, reguardless if their damaged or not. I priced all the parts and it came out to be a little of $3000.00 dealer cost! Also, some compensation for the loss of value of the car! Anyhow, i will keep you guys posted on what happens and hopefully after i get it back, we can have SOCAL meet and all chill.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by architectonic
To a certain extent, I have to agree with "mrdeeno" and "pure adrenaline" on this one. I appluad them for their more objective statements. We shouldn't be hating on remarks that aren't even anyway derogatory. Mrdeeno did was only making an empirical observation of story and that is not hating or derogatory. Anyways, unless the assigned driver was horsing around in your car, you can't really place the blame on the dealership for getting rear ended. I mean its pretty much out of their control. However, I would imagine that you can argue the negligence and professional responsibility factor. Afterall they failed to inform you or ask for your approval prior to transporting your car to an auto body shop off site. I would think that they would need your written approval before driving it off the site. But in so far as you requesting to drop off and pick up the car yourself. I don't think your entitled to do that under dealership policies. I know of no ACURA dealership that will allow a customer to do such a thing. But, hey, when it comes down to it. You left the car with them and hence it is their responsiblity to keep your car in immaculate care. Regardless if the accident is their fault, they are responsible for the condition of your vehicle. When you leave your car with them, you are entrusting them to take full care of your car under all circumstances. So hold them accountable for that. Another thing, where are you in California. Why are you commuting 45 mins or miles to an ACURA dealership. There's plenty around why go so far out. I work/live in Irvine and theres one in Tustin ACURA (5 mins away) and another in South Coast ACURA (10 mins away). I also live in Long Beach and theres Cerritos ACURA and Downey ACURA (both 10 mins away). I mean is the one in Weir Canyon the closest (45 some mins away)?
Because all of the OC Acura dealers suck, simple, period... They don't know the difference between their ass and their brains...
Old 06-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
To all you Navi owners:

Someone mentioned seeing their car driven by one of the service guys "not the way I drive/treat my cars"....One said he knew someone who worked for a dealership and concurred how he "mistreats" customers cars when driving them etc....

One day I "upgraded" my high beam bulbs on my 2004 RL. Note this means disconnecting the battery, which also meant that I had to recode radio, and navi. Not only did I have to do that, I had to "wait" till the navi system spoke to the satellite to make contact. This could take up to 20 min. On several attempts in my home garage, I had to call my dealership and ask them what I was doing wrong. He said something is blocking that connection. He said drive the car to like a school or shopping center parking lot and do the boot up steps again.....
After 5 attempts at min. 20 min ea, it finally happened.
The moral of this story is SOME SERVICE REP GOT TO JOY RIDE MY CAR TO GOD KNOWS WHERE, SMOKING CIG'S, PLAYING THE MUSIC WHILE THIS "CONNECTION" TOOK PLACE, then drove back to the dealership to tell me "your car is ready". One just NEVER knows where, what that punk did in my car ! So remember, if they disconnect your battery and you have a navi, I promised you someone went someone with your car !

Oh and you have to let the engine IDLE why this connection takes place, therefore allowing the radio to blast, AC to Blast, and god knows what else why they burn gas while idling and waiting for that connection........
Old 06-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NiteQwill
Because all of the OC Acura dealers suck, simple, period... They don't know the difference between their ass and their brains...
Dang, so that was your car I saw there on Monday. Yeah Weir Canyon sucks! Horrible customer Service, both from the salesman and the guy you talk to before about you car. I have yet been to an dealership in OC that was worth going back to. It don't sound like you can do much except get everything repaired properly. You should make them give you the 05 tl as a loner if they havent already? Godd luck
Old 06-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TypeS300
If this happened to you you would do the same exact thing if you say no I call you would seriously say ok fix my car and give it back, the accident i can forget about.....YEA OK.
Where in ANY of my posts did I say I would not be pissed if this happened to me? I even ADMITTED that if this happened to me, I'd be pissed. LEARN TO READ!

But if it happened to me, I wouldn't be an OBJECTIVE party in the whole thing. I am looking at in from an OBJECTIVE point of view and presenting my OBJECTIVE view on this topic.

does that not make any sense to you?!?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

You guys must go to some shitty dealerships....my boyfriend has worked at an Acura dealer in bergen county (not specifying which one), and he said in the past year has never taken a customer's car on a "joyride", nor has any other tech since he's been there. Maybe because they all either have better, faster cars or have acuras themselves? I mean, really, who gives a shit about "Joyriding" in someone's TL or MDX?

Get a new dealer.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:40 PM
noodles tastes good.

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
Umm, the law doesn't quite work that way. You gotta keep the issues separate otherwise:

It was him that wanted the dealership to fix the bumper...but it was Acura's fault that messed up the bumper...but it was his fault he brought it to that dealership in the first place...but it was Acura's fault for allowing the dealership to be there...but it was his fault he bought an Acura in the first place...But it was Acura's fault for putting out the car that he liked...but it was society that demanded Acura to make nice cars...

See where this is going?

Issue 1: So the dealer messed up his bumper. They will fix it and according to what I'm reading, they did. Everybody makes mistakes and accidents happen. Issue resolved.

Issue 2: He couldn't pick up the car himself because he didn't drop it off at the body shop. Rules are Rules, Policies are Policies...nothing else can be done. Issue 2 resolved.

Issue 3: His car was rear-ended while the driver was returning the car to the dealership from the bodyshop. SUV lady's insurance will fix it so hopefully issue 3 will be resolved.

Issue 4: It seems to be a case of "when it rains...it pours". Dealership isn't required by law to do anything more, but ethically they should since they have a pissed customer on their hands and they were involved (although not legally at fault for some of it). Maybe free service and discounts, or even monetary. So hopefully issue 4 will be resolved somehow.

But all this talk about "Make 'em give you a new car!" or "Take'em for everything you can!" just screams "I'M A CRYBABY! GIVE ME MORE MORE MORE!!!" (not saying that Pimp is a crybaby, just that this is what some of these posts are suggesting Pimp try to be).

Bottom line: Should the dealership compensate you for INCONVENIENCING you? YES! But they shouldn't compensate you MORE just because you are MORE pissed (ie try to KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE).

well spoken - and I completely agree with you 100%.

The dealership SHOULD compensate you as a gesture of good will because they caused you inconvience, but they are not ENTITLED to it. The accident is an ACCIDENT and is not the dealer's fault but life - shit happens.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello Everybody,

Well, after reading this thread I think I need to add my 2 cents at the risk of being flamed. I think it real sucks what happened to your car. I would be pissed too. But I tend to agree with mrdeeno. No dealer wants this kind of mess on their hand, it's bad for business I think after everything is said and done you will get your car fixed and back the way you gave it to them. That's their responsibility. That's the way it should be. That's the best they can do. They cannot reversed time. Right now I would be pissed that the insurance is dragging their feet in this.

But before all the Weir Canyon Acura/ Honda Bashers go down there and hang the entire staff let me say this. I have had a 110% POSITIVE experience at Weir Canyon Acura. We purchased our 2005 Odyssey back in Oct 04 from Weir Canyon Honda next door. They did their best to get us the color/interior combo we wanted. They went all the way to Lancaster to get it. Even for such a hot car at the time we still got what we wanted and at a good deal on the price and the trade in. It was one of the smoothest deals ever. While I was there I test drove an 05 TL. I loved it so much I finally got one last week. After emailing almost every dealer in SoCal. Guess were I went to buy my TL. Weir Canyon Acura. I talked with Paul B in sales. Great guy and easy to deal with. There was a misundertanding (my fault) along the way with a chrome wheel upgrade. Paul was very understanding and the issue was resolved. I got the chrome wheels and got to keep my stock wheels too. They even tossed in a trunk tray, wheel locks, and mud guards. All this and I paid almost invoice for it.

So I guess everybody can have their own opinion about dealers. I been to some that are really losers too. But in this case I feel I was treated with respect.

NO, I DO NOT WORK FOR WEIR CANYON ACURA, JUST A LOYAL CUSOTMER.

Let the flames begin
Old 06-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Advanced

Call Acura Corporate!!!

If you don't bring the Acura Corporate hotline into this you are cheating yourself. Definitely call the 800 number inside your manual and tell them your side of the story. You need to get them involved in this!

The dealership really screwed up and it needs to be *known* by the corporate headquaters. Acura will look into it and act accordingly. If $hitty stuff is going on at the service, it needs to be taken care of! After reading his entire story, if you don't agree then you are wrong.

The dealership could have crappy management and the techs could be wilding out! You need to protect yourself from getting shafted by a shitty dealership. If the dealership is legit then Acura will find that out. DONT BE SHY!!! Call the 800 number, they are extremely nice and a case like this is the PRIMARY reason why this number and "level" of the Acura service chain is provided to us. CALL THEM ASAP!
Old 06-26-2005, 04:55 PM

**update 26-june-05**

Well, this morning i drove to Weir Canyon and removed my system from the trunk. Two of my 3 RF 10" are torn and my RF DB1000ti AMP is all dented and scratched! My RF CAP is broken from the top and also needs to be replaced! I had a feeling all this happend, but some part of me was hoping it didn't. Anyhow, i will be going tomorrow morning and have it towed to the body shop so they can start on the repairs hopefully this week. The damage to the car is more extensive then i thought it really was, so i hope it turns out ok. I will keep you guys posted. BTW, I wanted to get some of your thoughts on what they (the dealer) should compensate me with. I was thinking of asking them to give me a complete detail of the car, a new set of tire, and some kind of extra warranty on the entire car! Do you guys think thats too much to ask for all of the BS they are putting me through. Let me know.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:00 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tell them to fix your system too. a-holes!
Old 06-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Type S-man

Originally Posted by PimpinCLS03
Well, this morning i drove to Weir Canyon and removed my system from the trunk. Two of my 3 RF 10" are torn and my RF DB1000ti AMP is all dented and scratched! My RF CAP is broken from the top and also needs to be replaced! I had a feeling all this happend, but some part of me was hoping it didn't. Anyhow, i will be going tomorrow morning and have it towed to the body shop so they can start on the repairs hopefully this week. The damage to the car is more extensive then i thought it really was, so i hope it turns out ok. I will keep you guys posted. BTW, I wanted to get some of your thoughts on what they (the dealer) should compensate me with. I was thinking of asking them to give me a complete detail of the car, a new set of tire, and some kind of extra warranty on the entire car! Do you guys think thats too much to ask for all of the BS they are putting me through. Let me know.

Extra warranty and free maintenance till 100k miles is what i would ask for. Seems pretty reasonable, and will save u some $$
Old 06-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PimpinCLS03
I'd nix the detailing...would you really want them to have your car for an extended amount of time again while performing an "activity" on it?

But on a related issue, why don't you ask them to buy you a complete zaino detailing kit?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skgarach
Extra warranty and free maintenance till 100k miles is what i would ask for. Seems pretty reasonable, and will save u some $$

Yes i agree, since now there is a record of your car been damaged, you will lose value.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Cruisin'

Weir Canyon Acura performed a recall service on my recently traded in '91 Legend's amplifier. Something about some card inside the amp that might be a potential fire hazard. Anyways, the cd changer stopped working after the car was returned to me. The tech guy said because it was summer, so the cd mechanism tends to get sticky due to heat and moisture. I left while I was ahead. I am just glad I didn't take my car there for some serious repair. End of (my) story.

As for Pimpin, I think he's more than patient with the Weir Canyon people. The reasons his front AND back bumpers needed and needing to be replaced all occured while the car was in the possession with these so called "specialists". Without a shadow of a doubt that what happened ONLY either directly or indirectly resulted in the dealer's lack of care and diligence.

As a matter of fact, under the rule of "last cause", it is the dealer's decision to transport the car from body shop back to dealership regardless of policy or not.

So, in my opinion, Pimpin is a totally nice guy to Weir, so far. He's far far far from being a cry baby.

Anyhow, I feel most dealers' repair department are taking advantage of customers. I go to Okimoto's Automotive Repair in Norwalk, California. I highly recommend them to anyone.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Mine had only 2 doors

Originally Posted by CL-S Girl
You guys must go to some shitty dealerships....my boyfriend has worked at an Acura dealer in bergen county (not specifying which one), and he said in the past year has never taken a customer's car on a "joyride", nor has any other tech since he's been there. Maybe because they all either have better, faster cars or have acuras themselves? I mean, really, who gives a shit about "Joyriding" in someone's TL or MDX?

Get a new dealer.
hope it was PAA there customer servic/techs was and still is the best
Old 06-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TypeS300
hope it was PAA there customer servic/techs was and still is the best

I hear so many horror stories about dealers...I guess bergen county dealers are just better.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:47 PM

**update 07-jul-05**

So i went to the body shop today and they have not yet started on my car. They told me that the car is going to have the rear body panel replaced, new rear bumper, new rear bumper cover, both new tail lights, new trunk lid and a bunch of other little things done. I will be getting the car back by the 16-18 of July! I can't wait to get her back. I can't stand this shit anymore! So do you guys think that i would be asking for too much if i asked Weir Canyon Acura to give me a new set of tires for compensation? Let me know please. Will, keep you guys posted when i get my baby back!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definately new set of tires. What about the exhaust did that get bent at all? From the pics it looks kind of high but you never know. I was rear ended last year and it was high on my bumper I didn't realize till later that it bent my exhaust. I would definately also get an extended warranty till 100K , report them to Corporate and get it all in writing from the dealer on their letterhead. Also I would fax a copy of this thread to Corporate showing them how negative feedback can hurt business at that dealership. The dealer needs to step up big time. What loaner did you get?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
what if the porter from the dealership was downshifting and bucking so fast that the SUV behind your CL couldn't stop in time?

you never know what they do to your car. even after its fixed, body damage will be gone, but i would be double-checking my transmission (if there was a way to).
Old 07-08-2005, 07:24 PM
kev
Advanced

So what was the original dealer you brought the car to? Sounds like you brought it to one place, and they brought it to Weir Canyon.

If I'm wrong, sorry dude. Just trying to figure out which dealerships not to go to.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL-S Girl

Get a new dealer.
My boyfriend also works at a dealership and is a service technician. I would have to say that your comment about your boyfriend NEVER taking a customer's car on a "joyride" has to be an understatement. My boyfriend admits weekly that he will rag the shit out of a car every single chance he gets and his car is much fast/has a lot more power than the BMW's that he works on. I would question your boyfriend's statement about himself and the people he works with, it just doesn't seem realistic.