we have a separate drive train warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001 | 11:41 AM
Pro

we have a separate drive train warranty?

does our drivetrain warranty have a separate length or does it only go the 4yr/50,000 miles warranty that covers the entire car? hyundai got that 100K drivetrain warranty, right? bastards
Old 10-19-2001 | 11:50 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Re: we have a separate drive train warranty?

Originally posted by Cee eL eS
does our drivetrain warranty have a separate length or does it only go the 4yr/50,000 miles warranty that covers the entire car? hyundai got that 100K drivetrain warranty, right? bastards
Hyundai only offers that to boost it's image. When u think of Hyundai, quality isn't the first thing that comes to mind. So what they do is offer this warranty to offset that view.. It's like okay the car isn't the greatest but at least u have some piece of mind that it's covered. Thats why I think Acura made thier warranty a 4yr 50 mile isntead of a 5yr/60K.... I think they really think their cars are that good and didn't include that last year......
Old 10-19-2001 | 11:58 AM
Pro

Re: Re: we have a separate drive train warranty?

Originally posted by HellaWhat

Hyundai only offers that to boost it's image. When u think of Hyundai, quality isn't the first thing that comes to mind. So what they do is offer this warranty to offset that view.. It's like okay the car isn't the greatest but at least u have some piece of mind that it's covered. Thats why I think Acura made thier warranty a 4yr 50 mile isntead of a 5yr/60K.... I think they really think their cars are that good and didn't include that last year......
uhh...yeah...thanks for answering my question john :sqnteek: :pfawk:
Old 10-19-2001 | 12:00 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Re: Re: Re: we have a separate drive train warranty?

Originally posted by Cee eL eS

uhh...yeah...thanks for answering my question john :sqnteek: :pfawk:
If I wanted to answer ur question i would answered it

:pfawk:

According to Acura, we have a 4Yr./50K Vehicle waranty and a 5yr "protection against rust through" warranty. So no, looks like no seperate warranties.
Otherwise the only engine-specific gaurentee they amke is u have no scheduled tuneups before 100K.
Old 10-19-2001 | 12:02 PM
foe
Racer

Your right our transmissions are of the highest quality.
Old 10-19-2001 | 02:26 PM
6 speed...

Originally posted by foe
Your right our transmissions are of the highest quality.
which problem are you having with yours?
Old 10-19-2001 | 04:11 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: we have a separate drive train warranty?

Originally posted by HellaWhat

While it may appear that this type of thinking comes into play when offering warranties, I think the extent of the warranty (time and parts covered) is more likely to be related to costs than it is to image. I would think that the resulting image is a perk and not the driver.

Hyundai can offer a long, long warranty because they are able to add the cost into the price of the vehicle without significantly impacting the sale....not much more than that. IMO