We are back but i would like to say something....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 01:21 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are back but i would like to say something....

Everyone should soon know about what has been going on in the U.S. today. Even if you do not practice a religion, please take a moment to pray for the people that have been effected.
Old 09-11-2001, 01:28 PM
magnet

my condolences to all the families
Old 09-11-2001, 01:30 PM
Intermediate

Reminder: Add these recent valuable experiences to your resumes ASAP. There's no telling how much career leverage you can extract in the future.
Old 09-11-2001, 01:40 PM
Suzuka Master

I just hope its all over now.
Old 09-11-2001, 01:58 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 642 Likes on 284 Posts
I can't imagine how many families have been ripped apart today...
Old 09-11-2001, 01:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Scooter and Mercury work at WTC!!!

Please say something to let us know your okay.
Old 09-11-2001, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
I hope if anything comes out of this,that we must know that we cannot be so arrogant as to believe that we can have the same attitudes on handling issues and the prevention of catastrophes like these...and to not be vague in what im saying..I believe that we should actively hunt these peoples and exterminate them...people like sadam hussain ,the leader of IRAN,and we should completely shut down afganistan...(sp?) usma benladin and ALL HIS FOLLOWERS should be wiped from this earth

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: typeR ]
Old 09-11-2001, 02:28 PM
'Cooter

im ok...too shocked to put into words...gimme some time to think, and ill fill in more details later
Old 09-11-2001, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a sad day and probably the Pearl Harbor of 2001.

I also have family members that can't get home (at least for now)...
Old 09-11-2001, 02:43 PM
Any Lady Want One??? :-P

Welcome back, I have already said a few prayers for the families and to put this tragedy to an end
Old 09-11-2001, 03:04 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by typeR:
<STRONG>I hope if anything comes out of this,that we must know that we cannot be so arrogant as to believe that we can have the same attitudes on handling issues and the prevention of catastrophes like these...and to not be vague in what im saying..I believe that we should actively hunt these peoples and exterminate them...people like sadam hussain ,the leader of IRAN,and we should completely shut down afganistan...(sp?) usma benladin and ALL HIS FOLLOWERS should be wiped from this earth

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: typeR ]</STRONG>
what does the leader of Iran have to do with any of this?

In fact, can you tell me WHAT the leader of Iran has done since he came to office?
Old 09-11-2001, 03:08 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

Everyone please help by donating blood, I just did, and I feel like I did something to help.

My prayers goes out to all the victims.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:08 PM
Pro

Originally posted by typeR:
<STRONG>we should actively hunt these peoples and exterminate them...the leader of IRAN</STRONG>
Just FYI, the current popular leader of Iran is a moderate progressive who is trying to get on the US's good side. So he's not on the list of US foes.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:10 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We commit all of these to You. Be with those who have been injured and with all the caretakers - give them agility, wisdom, courage and efficiency. Be with the families of those who have been killed. And, Lord, give President Bush and the leadership of our nation supernatural wisdom as they make decisions at this time. Thank you that we can rest in You no matter what. We love You and we commit all this to You. IN Christ Name. Amen.

Originally posted by WëbTðkér:
<STRONG>Everyone should soon know about what has been going on in the U.S. today. Even if you do not practice a religion, please take a moment to pray for the people that have been effected.</STRONG>
Old 09-11-2001, 03:13 PM
Cruisin'

Lets all hope this is over.

I have one friend in NY and his wife works for WTC and she ok. That is my only personal account of the situation (other than living in LA and knowing 2 of the planes were heading our way).

My hope and prayers go out to the families.

vash
Old 09-11-2001, 03:16 PM
Pro

It's likely that non-stop flights bound for the west coast were chosen because they would have the maximal amount of fuel on board when they were still on the east coast.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:35 PM
Banned

There also was a car bomb that blew up outside the parliment building or something at 10:20am this morning. Does anyone have any info on this one?
Old 09-11-2001, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Damaged:
<STRONG>There also was a car bomb that blew up outside the parliment building or something at 10:20am this morning. Does anyone have any info on this one?</STRONG>
It was a car bomb outside the State Department, which I'm pretty sure had already been evacuated. There hasn't been any real news coverage of it, so I'm assuming damage must have been minimal.

This is the most horrific act ever committed against Americans - and it was perpetrated on our soil, unprovoked, in a time of relative peace. To put things in perspective, know that 55,000 people total were killed in Vietnam; the Towers typically hold 50,000 workers and several thousand tourists on an average day.

Whoever committed this act, and whichever government harbored/nourished that group, should be obliterated.

I know my family's thoughts are with all those who have been touched by this morning's events. Let's hope that we've seen the last of it.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:32 PM
RedLineTypeS

Im generally passive and not by any means an extremist .. but the cowards that planned this should be given the most painful, long excrucitating non-lethal punishment for the rest of their miserable worthless natural lives....

50,000 people work in those buildings.. 50,000 innocent people just like any of us in here .... just earning a living and trying to provide for their families ... How many have been killed?.....It will be months before we get any accurate numbers... This was the most violent and obscene act this country has ever seen... rather then proving a point by hitting the buildings after hours when there is minimal staff on hand.... they killed all the passengers of the planes...countless people in buildings, rescue workers trying to save people... I am without words... I cant describe how outraged I feel... The level of planning required to execute this with such precision requires great training and money... and god forbid if another country is involved in the planning or harboring I think the missles should fly ... **NOT at their residential districts but every warship, military compound, air base etc **
Old 09-11-2001, 04:43 PM
Banned

We have to realize we need to find out who is responsible. Once that is done, kill them.
Lets try to think WHY people hate the US... Think about it.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:52 PM
magnet

what is weird is also today is september 11............9/11 thats ironic
Old 09-11-2001, 04:55 PM
Banned

People are going to hate the US for any number of reasons. They feel we are arrogant. They feel we have too much money. Who cares!?! If they feel that way, so what!?! They need to be punished. Palestinians celebrating in Lebanon. Well, I guess that camp has just become a viable target. They may not have done it, but they endorse it. Be careful what you say to someone 100x bigger than you.

Amir, I feel for you. I don't hold the Palestinian people, in general, responsible...but Afghanistan and everyone else celebrating is about to meet a harsh reality....that the US has guns...BIG GUNS.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:00 PM
Banned

We also support Israel when they blow up Palestinian police stations. Something like this was only a matter of time. Israel better sit down and shut up for the time beaing because the US is distracted right now, and we can't deal with their problems. We're busy.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:01 PM
Learn to swim.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken the sleeping giant,and fill him with terrible resolve." - Admiral Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:05 PM
Back to Four Doors

I believe lives around the world will be forever changed by today's events. I agree with an earlier post, if you are religious (and I am), prayers are needed to help us survive this crisis. My heart goes out to all who are experiencing pain from this vicious attack.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Scorpius:
<STRONG>We also support Israel when they blow up Palestinian police stations. Something like this was only a matter of time. Israel better sit down and shut up for the time beaing because the US is distracted right now, and we can't deal with their problems. We're busy.</STRONG>
Yeah. That's the same excuse the terrorists are going to use. Are they free to go now!?!
I don't give a fuck what Israel does....they are sovereign nation, they can do what they want. Palestine should know this. Without the US, what little they have now, would be non-existent. If we "let" Israel blow up Palestinian police stations, we were actually holding them back. The Israelis would have torn apart Palestine by now.
All you have to remember is the Yom Kippur War and The Six Day War to know that Israel can exterminate people as necessary.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mchtypeS:
<STRONG>what is weird is also today is september 11............9/11 thats ironic</STRONG>
Today's the anniversary of the signing of the Middle East Peace Accord (it has some long name that I don't know), which has been a thorn in the side of all parties involved.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
The thing that's fucked up is that these motherfuckers are terrorists that dont give a shit about their own lives...so even when we do find them, their followers will consider them martyrs and heros when we execute them.

And the people who are celebrating this shit??!! That is fucked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<STRONG>We have to realize we need to find out who is responsible. Once that is done, kill them.
Lets try to think WHY people hate the US... Think about it.</STRONG>
Old 09-11-2001, 05:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by moomaster_99:
<STRONG>Yeah. That's the same excuse the terrorists are going to use. Are they free to go now!?!
I don't give a fuck what Israel does....they are sovereign nation, they can do what they want. Palestine should know this. Without the US, what little they have now, would be non-existent. If we "let" Israel blow up Palestinian police stations, we were actually holding them back. The Israelis would have torn apart Palestine by now.
All you have to remember is the Yom Kippur War and The Six Day War to know that Israel can exterminate people as necessary.</STRONG>
There IS no Palestine... Israel does everything with US tax dollars and they laugh at us. What the hell? They better kiss our asses for the next ten years.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Aeon:
<STRONG>"I fear all we have done is to awaken the sleeping giant,and fill him with terrible resolve." - Admiral Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor.</STRONG>
Against who? This is like a sniper. We don't know who did this, and we don't know where they are located.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:14 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I see it, inocent civilian people are being irresponsibly killed (on either side of the coin) as a result of agressive attitudes and lack of desire for peace and justice.

Please let us raise the hope for peace rather than war.....
Old 09-11-2001, 05:18 PM
Instructor

I'm OK... They evacuated us at 10:30 this morning. The freaky thing is I was supposed to be at the Pentagon this morning for a meeting at 11 am. I am one lucky person.

Please say a prayer for my friends who work in the World Trade Center. Two are safe but I have no word about three others. I hope to God they are alive.

I'm afraid this is only the beginning. God protect us all.

-Maria

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: mfnlaw ]
Old 09-11-2001, 05:49 PM
Race Director

Our prayers are with those victims and their familiar thoughout this tragedy.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
I hope Americans will finally kick some ass instead of talking and talking.... all they do is just talk. it's time to kick some ass!!!
Old 09-11-2001, 06:20 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

<STRONG>We also support Israel when they blow up Palestinian police stations. Something like this was only a matter of time. Israel better sit down and shut up for the time beaing because the US is distracted right now, and we can't deal with their problems. We're busy.</STRONG>
Are you a Total MORON??? How fuckin' blind are you?? I feel like coming down to where you live and punching your UGLY face in!! Get off this board already....you are A USELESS and DUMB human being..... Watch your back!!!
Old 09-11-2001, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ruvz:
<STRONG>

Are you a Total MORON??? How fuckin' blind are you?? I feel like coming down to where you live and punching your UGLY face in!! Get off this board already....you are A USELESS and DUMB human being..... Watch your back!!! </STRONG>
Yeah, I agree, he is the moron.
Americans need to stay with their Allies, USA can't stand by itself in this kind of things. We need to work together with our allies. I am very happy that Russia is on US side on this issue.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:48 PM
Learn to swim.

<STRONG>

Against who? This is like a sniper. We don't know who did this, and we don't know where they are located.</STRONG>
If you think, even for a second that the United States of America will not find who is resposible for this and all those who had prior knowledge or involvment and exact just retribution, then you are a fool and a coward for even considering the possibility. You cannot organize an attack of this magnitude without leaving a cookie trail, ths US is the largest and most powerful world power to date and will exhaust every means available to reach an end.

That will all come in good time though, right now I believe our hearts are with those still trapped and the family's of those who are lost. For them this will never end, and we owe it to them to carry on and ensure that we will not faulter in the way in which we lead our lives and treat one another. Any ground we forfeit in freedom or belief in our country is ground won by the perpetrators of this horrendous act.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ruvz:
<STRONG>

Are you a Total MORON??? How fuckin' blind are you?? I feel like coming down to where you live and punching your UGLY face in!! Get off this board already....you are A USELESS and DUMB human being..... Watch your back!!! </STRONG>
Open your goddamn eyes. Look what we do? We give the Israelis 3 billion bucks worth of equipment every year. Thats US tax money. What do they do? Blow stuff up. Police stations. For every Israeli killed 200 Palestinians get blown to smitherines. Does Israel care what they do comes down on the US? Nope. Thay couldn't care less.
Watch my back? Or what? Read a book.
That's the problem with this country. Too many idiots like you don't have a clue. You have no clue what our national policy in the mid-east is. Read up on it, and get back to me.
Yeah... I'll watch my back. What are you going to do? Talk me to death? Kill me with your breath?

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Scorpius ]
Old 09-11-2001, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Aeon:
<STRONG>

If you think, even for a second that the United States of America will not find who is resposible for this and all those who had prior knowledge or involvment and exact just retribution, then you are a fool and a coward for even considering the possibility. You cannot organize an attack of this magnitude without leaving a cookie trail, ths US is the largest and most powerful world power to date and will exhaust every means available to reach an end.

That will all come in good time though, right now I believe our hearts are with those still trapped and the family's of those who are lost. For them this will never end, and we owe it to them to carry on and ensure that we will not faulter in the way in which we lead our lives and treat one another. Any ground we forfeit in freedom or belief in our country is ground won by the perpetrators of this horrendous act.</STRONG>
That's what I've always heard, but never saw anything real to be done. God help your words come true. Punishing some small terrorist group is not enough, they need to kick ass on the global level.
And US needs a complete support and back-up from their allies, americans can't be on their own in dealing with this things on the global scale, eventhough its a powerful country...
Old 09-11-2001, 07:03 PM
Banned

<STRONG>

Open your goddamn eyes. Look what we do? We give the Israelis 3 billion bucks worth of equipment every year. Thats US tax money. What do they do? Blow stuff up. Police stations. For every Israeli killed 200 Palestinians get blown to smitherines. Does Israel care what they do comes down on the US? Nope. Thay couldn't care less.
Watch my back? Or what? Read a book.
That's the problem with this country. Too many idiots like you don't have a clue. You have no clue what our national policy in the mid-east is. Read up on it, and get back to me.
Yeah... I'll watch my back. What are you going to do? Talk me to death? Kill me with your breath?

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Scorpius ]</STRONG>
And what pray tell do the Palestinians do??? They don't commit suicide-bombs in Israel. They don't hijack/kidnap Israelis. No, they are the perfect people and their Jihad against Israel and everyone else they believe that supports them is justified!?! WHY DON'T YOU READ UP ON THE MIDDLE EAST???

Quick Reply: We are back but i would like to say something....