Wanna race my IS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 02:04 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna race my IS?

Just showing off...I really like the J series engine. Had a V6 Accord that was pretty fast...just went to something with more potential.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300:
Cast iron turbo exahust manifold, 3 in downpipe, Spearco front mount intercooler, Garret TO4E turbocharger with V-band, air intake charger pipe and air filter, turbo charger heat shield, steelbraided oil feed line and oil return lines, HKS super-sequential blow-off valve, Turbonetics racegate wastegate, 550cc injectors, MSD DIS 4 digital ignition, Haltech E6K engine managment system, Haltech S3 sensor, Terminated wiring harness, Toyomoto crank trigger wheel and hub assembly, powdercoated pipes, power steering cooling lines, thermal heat resistant wire loom, HKS Hiper exhaust...and then there's the outside!

*SOLD*98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
Old 02-17-2001, 04:15 AM
Cruisin'

Three times? C'mon, bashing is one thing, but that's just lame. Good luck on your motor, its a real ***** to convert a non-turbo 2JZ to an effective turbo car.

UL
Old 02-17-2001, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

It's not hard at all. Actually quite easy...and I can hit 600rwhp on the stock internals!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ultimate lurker:
Three times? C'mon, bashing is one thing, but that's just lame. Good luck on your motor, its a real ***** to convert a non-turbo 2JZ to an effective turbo car.

UL
</font>

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300:
Cast iron turbo exahust manifold, 3 in downpipe, Spearco front mount intercooler, Garret TO4E turbocharger with V-band, air intake charger pipe and air filter, turbo charger heat shield, steelbraided oil feed line and oil return lines, HKS super-sequential blow-off valve, Turbonetics racegate wastegate, 550cc injectors, MSD DIS 4 digital ignition, Haltech E6K engine managment system, Haltech S3 sensor, Terminated wiring harness, Toyomoto crank trigger wheel and hub assembly, powdercoated pipes, power steering cooling lines, thermal heat resistant wire loom, HKS Hiper exhaust...and then there's the outside!

AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
Old 02-17-2001, 04:43 PM
Who's Your Daddy

out of curiousity...how much HP you running? what's your 1/4 mile time?
Old 02-17-2001, 07:22 PM
Intermediate

282 hp and 282 lbs of torque at the wheels...which is about 355hp and similar torque...that was without the exhuast too...I should be like 380hp with the bigger exhaust system. If I do the head gasket and a fuel pump I will put out about 460 hp at the wheels...but I want to enjoy it this way for a while. I haven't ran the 1/4 mile yet...probably in two weeks. I let you know the results. By the way...I like the Acura CL Type-S a lot, and think that it's engine is great! I just know that are cars are like rivals so I wanted to show what you can do with an IS. By the way I know a lot about the CL tranny and how to make it a much better tranny if you are interested...I used to race my Accord with HART (Honda of America Race Team...with their 300 hp Accord AC-R)...so if you have any questions relaitng to your engine or tranny...I can help!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CL-Super:
out of curiousity...how much HP you running? what's your 1/4 mile time?</font>

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300:

15.1 @ 92 mph
Old 02-18-2001, 03:03 AM
Cruisin'

No offense Accord-R, but your internals aren't the same as the turbo motor (higher compression the biggest diference). I've had a lot of experience with a 450 rwhp formerly NA, now single turbo Supra and believe me, the owner wished he had just traded his car for a factory turbo car.

If you really want to get 650-700 crank hp (600 wheel) get ready to build the bottom end with at least some lower compression pistons.

Best of luck (no sarcasm).

UL
Old 02-18-2001, 03:15 AM
Advanced

I wouldn't try more than 400 w/o major work on the transmission and changing the pistons and the doing some work on the head. I followed Mo at Swift-racing while he was building his monster gs400, he basically said the stock lexus engines would not handle more than 50% increase in HP/torque w/o some serious work...Now his beast seems to be beyond stock now last I heard 1000+ hp at the rear wheels. I think he has a list of all the things that need to be replaced redone during various stages.
good luck...don't forget the Supra TT 6 speed :-)
---
Gs400-TRd
Gs400 /jade /nakamichi /HID /HIDFogs /17" /Borla Kevlar Exhaust /TRd CAI

Old 02-18-2001, 02:28 PM
Intermediate

I'm talking about potetial. I will do the head gasket, fuel system, and tranny at the end of the year. I will be happy with about 400 rwhp. I'm a firm believer that there is a big trade off between performance and driveability, and I don't want to lose my driveability. SO I'll just take it to that limit.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300:

15.1 @ 92 mph
Old 02-20-2001, 05:21 AM
Drifting

How bout some pics of the entire car.
What kind of exterior mods do you have such as drop, rims, etc...

------------------
True Hip-hop junkie
Old 02-23-2001, 12:06 AM
Old timer

Man I wish the Type S had a friggin turbo available for it.

Not that I could afford it or anything.
Old 02-23-2001, 06:27 AM
5th Gear

wow....nice job on ur IS....
all that torque's not messin up ur trans??
neways...rite on

------------------
'01 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Satin Silver / Ebony
Comptech Springs
AEM Intake
Double 5% dark tint

'95 Acura Integra GS-R
Granada Black / Ebony Leather / Hatch
Ground Control Coil Overs, AEM Intake, DC 4-2-1 stainless headers, Greddy BL Exhaust, AEM underdrive pulleys, AEM cam gears, 17" Racing Hart C2s w/ 215/35/17 Toyos, upper/lower rear tie bars, wood trim kit, double 5% dark tint
Old 02-25-2001, 11:23 PM
Intermediate

umm....no.
sorry mister, perhaps you read the website wrong, this is
A C U R A - C L . C O M
not ur little precious is300.net....
you have a nice ride...but this is the section where we get to brag about beating ppl like you...(im not saying i could beat u but im saying that with enough mods a cl-s could CREAM you) anyhow, shooo! go brag to ur fellow corolla'ers...leave us b.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S, Taffeta White, non-navi, *~*if u see me, youll be behind me *~*
Old 03-06-2001, 04:45 AM
To Fast For You

Nice car. Ill race you in my Vette or something. I like it.

Late

------------------
2001 GS430, 2001 IS300, 2001 Corvette ZO6, 1985 Camaro, LS430

Old 03-06-2001, 12:17 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by To Fast For You:
Nice car. Ill race you in my Vette or something. I like it.

Late
</font>
Another person with a GS430 and an IS300? Why?

Old 03-06-2001, 03:26 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
accord R, i've been trying to locate you..i need info on the nsx swap. email me ASAP @ scott_tomkins@hotmail.com
Old 03-06-2001, 09:14 PM
To Fast For You

Well I bought the IS300 because it has really good brakes, and great handling. Its also to me very stylish and rare to see on the street.
Late

------------------
2001 GS430, 2001 IS300, 2001 Corvette ZO6, 1985 Camaro, LS430

Old 03-09-2001, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

A modded CL Type-S with a turbo wouldn't beat the IS. Don't even go there with me...I know more about the CL Type-S then you'll ever know. I am a huge fan of the J3x engines, and I was the third person in the WORLD to have the Comptech headers for this Honda SOHC V6. I know what the car can do, and I know what it can't. And I know how to convert a CL to stick too, right CL power!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KbOiCL-S:
umm....no.
sorry mister, perhaps you read the website wrong, this is
A C U R A - C L . C O M
not ur little precious is300.net....
you have a nice ride...but this is the section where we get to brag about beating ppl like you...(im not saying i could beat u but im saying that with enough mods a cl-s could CREAM you) anyhow, shooo! go brag to ur fellow corolla'ers...leave us b.

</font>
Old 03-09-2001, 07:29 PM
WPS
Intermediate

http://www.is300.net/forum_new/Forum1/HTML/003860.html

dude thats not your is300 mwahah
i know you never said it was yours but you are implying..busted!

------------------

[This message has been edited by WPS (edited 03-09-2001).]
Old 03-09-2001, 09:18 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Friggin turd got a stock is300 and is talkin mad smake.. Who cars about speed, look at the interior of your car and all the problems it been having. The interior looks like it came off a pow pow power wheels car for a 9 year old.

Tell all your boys at is300.net njtype-s says whats up?
Old 03-10-2001, 03:01 AM
Intermediate

The Is300's interior is kinda plasticy. Not to start flame heads but I thought the CL type S interior looked kinda incomplete in some wicked way.

------------------
2001 LS430, 2001 GS430, 2001 IS300, 2001 Corvette ZO6, 1985 Camaro
Old 03-11-2001, 12:35 AM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
</font>
Okay lets look 35k car plus mods DAMN man you got hella cash to blow. . With that cash you could do a little work of a CL-S. Custom supercharger or turbocharger. or a twin sequential rig. Tranny work if not a lvl 10 tranny if it ever comes free flow cat (already out) greddy cat back exhaust. Headers, intake, Nitro system say a 75-150 (depending on how long your gonna keep the car). Coilcovers and sway. Brembo brakes. Of course there is the little problem of keeping the wheels in contact with the ground. But the the IS300 has trouble even keeping the engine compartment in contact with the engine.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S "Claire" non-navi No spoiler. Bone stock, for now.
~Member of the Scratched Rim Club.~
Old 03-11-2001, 02:28 PM
Race Director

great story!

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
Black Wood Dash Kit
Currently on TL rims with Nokian Winter Tires
My Bitch
Old 03-13-2001, 03:06 AM
Ricky Bobby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why is it that every lexus owner thinks he is the man with the little rat box is300. They look so cheap, what gives with at $35k car. You think your car is so fast you can get some of any of my cars, you pick the one. I am sure you will have so many problems with your car down the road. That car was never made to take the amount of stuff that you just did to the car.

------------------
2001 Type S NO Nav
White/Parchment/spoiler
20%metalized tint all around, 50% metalized tint on winshield, built in K40 front/rear radar, 12" Excursion Sub/amp, Comptech filter/headers

2000 Corvette
2000 Silverado
1999 Mercedes Benz SL500
1997 Mercedes Benz S500
1997 Porsche 911 turbo
1996 Accord EX V6
Old 03-13-2001, 08:56 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WPS:
http://www.is300.net/forum_new/Forum1/HTML/003860.html

dude thats not your is300 mwahah
i know you never said it was yours but you are implying..busted!

</font>

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 03-13-2001, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

I went to do this already with a V6 Accord. You won't get the time you expect. I was going to do the CL-S heads and intake manifold, a Level-10 tranny with Inspire gears, and NOS. But it still would probably get me low 13's. It would have been cool though. And the IS is only like 3,000 more than a CL. So it would have cost about the same with mods on both cars, but the IS has more potential. Oh and by the way, I do have a Yellow IS, those pistures are of the kit I bought, which is taking MUCH longer to make than I though. So I do own all of those parts, they are just being installed now. Give me about two weeks and I'll have the pics.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [DWI]:
Okay lets look 35k car plus mods DAMN man you got hella cash to blow. . With that cash you could do a little work of a CL-S. Custom supercharger or turbocharger. or a twin sequential rig. Tranny work if not a lvl 10 tranny if it ever comes free flow cat (already out) greddy cat back exhaust. Headers, intake, Nitro system say a 75-150 (depending on how long your gonna keep the car). Coilcovers and sway. Brembo brakes. Of course there is the little problem of keeping the wheels in contact with the ground. But the the IS300 has trouble even keeping the engine compartment in contact with the engine.

</font>

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300:

15.1 @ 92 mph
Old 03-13-2001, 06:11 PM
Intermediate

Oh, and I do have an Acura in my garage with a V6 too, it's DOHC though .
Old 03-13-2001, 11:29 PM
Pro

Um 13's a torque convert alone is supposed to shave 1/2 to 1 second off the 1/4. putting us low 14's mid 13's i think that we could easily break into the 12's if we wanted to and had the cash to blow and didn't care about the wear on the engine (turbos and such have added wear you know)

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S "Claire" non-navi No spoiler. Bone stock, for now.
~Member of the Scratched Rim Club.~
Old 03-14-2001, 02:41 AM
Intermediate

Whenever you increase performance you degrade engine reliability. Doesn't matter if it's with forced induction, or normally aspirated. I don't know why you think I'm putting down the CL. I had an Accord V6 with the J series engine, I know these drivetrains well! I know what they can do, and what they can't do. I know stuff to do to these engines which you probably haven't thought of. A lot of CL people have benefited from what I know about YOUR engine and tranny. And don't believe what Level Ten tells you about gaining 1 second, with just a torque converter. But what it comes down to is that it is easier and cheaper to make the IS 300 faster.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [DWI]:
Um 13's a torque convert alone is supposed to shave 1/2 to 1 second off the 1/4. putting us low 14's mid 13's i think that we could easily break into the 12's if we wanted to and had the cash to blow and didn't care about the wear on the engine (turbos and such have added wear you know)

</font>
Old 03-30-2001, 06:52 PM
Instructor

http://www.is300.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ult...1&t=006974&p=2

I thought your car was blue... why is it yellow here?
Old 03-30-2001, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Sorry - got here late. Guess I can play bully now! Yeah - I'll take you on Think you can take a Z06?

------------------
when you're ready to succeed!
Old 03-31-2001, 05:33 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Accord-R:
I had an Accord V6 with the J series engine, I know these drivetrains well! I know what they can do, and what they can't do. I know stuff to do to these engines which you probably haven't thought of. A lot of CL people have benefited from what I know about YOUR engine and tranny.
</font>
I wish I could be like you...

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!
Old 04-02-2001, 08:25 PM
Banned

If you call adding a custom turbo to your car cheaper...well, then we can't argue with you there. But don't you think we can make our car faster with a turbo? We can lower the compression on our motor to run 8-10lbs. with a rebuilt bottom end. Hmmm....8-10lbs....spending as much as you did...12 sec timeslips with an idiot at the wheel...not a problem.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Accord-R:
Whenever you increase performance you degrade engine reliability. Doesn't matter if it's with forced induction, or normally aspirated. I don't know why you think I'm putting down the CL. I had an Accord V6 with the J series engine, I know these drivetrains well! I know what they can do, and what they can't do. I know stuff to do to these engines which you probably haven't thought of. A lot of CL people have benefited from what I know about YOUR engine and tranny. And don't believe what Level Ten tells you about gaining 1 second, with just a torque converter. But what it comes down to is that it is easier and cheaper to make the IS 300 faster.

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
(sooner than I thought...)
Comptech Headers
Old 04-04-2001, 02:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Man that yellow IS is beat pretty bad. What happen some fone poll fell on it or rolled over?

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-04-2001, 02:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whenever you increase performance you degrade engine reliability. Doesn't matter if it's with forced induction, or normally aspirated. I don't know why you think I'm putting down the CL. I had an Accord V6 with the J series engine, I know these drivetrains well! I know what they can do, and what they can't do.
</font>
I really am not trying to be critical, your experience would really be appreciated in the "car talk" area. I personally am always learning. I like to keep a car very low profile (looks wise) and also give it some "safe" mods. I don't want to burn up cash to create a future trash compactor (scrap metal). Would you add your input to the Car Talk area? (I know I asked twice, and will ask again, amd with your knowledge of the cars, you could save me some time avoiding harmful upgrades that will shorten the life of the car. I had a Bimmer and knew every shortcoming in it, and this turned out to be a great thing. I improved and replaced a sh*tload of parts with better ones, and had a car that lasted more than 20 years (with very high performance and reliability, and maintainability).

I know stuff to do to these engines which you probably haven't thought of.
</font>
I really like this. Even more reason to help me (and others) in Car Talk. I am very open minded and love new ideas.

A lot of CL people have benefited from what I know about YOUR engine and tranny. And don't believe what Level Ten tells you about gaining 1 second, with just a torque converter. But what it comes down to is that it is easier and cheaper to make the IS 300 faster.
</font>
If I was you (yes, I know I'm not) I would be reminding people about the benefits your work has provided the CL people.

Not wanting a boot stomping, I probably wouldn't care to present all the great upgrade information in a Acura/Honda vs IS300 format (MHO)

I also agree about the torque converter, I bet it helps with sticky tires, headers, and air intake. However, I don't think it is going to cut a second off a 1/4 mile.

So, can I expect to see some great posts in the Car Talk section of the board?

Old 10-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Advanced

IS300 is a piece of crap.....

I used to own a IS300 Crap!! I now have a Audi S4 that will SMOKE any IS in the US......... I used to PimpnIS300LV on the IS300.Net
Old 10-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: IS300 is a piece of crap.....

Originally posted by 1FastS4.Com
I used to own a IS300 Crap!! I now have a Audi S4 that will SMOKE any IS in the US......... I used to PimpnIS300LV on the IS300.Net
I wouldnt go so far to say your S4 can beat any IS in the US.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:56 AM
I hate the Mets

There is a 600 whp IS300 in Delco. PA - Thing is just sick!

Don't know if an S4 can beat it.....but then again, I don't know what your playing with...

Just thought Id mention that there are 600 whp IS300s actually out there...
Old 10-15-2002, 07:57 AM
I hate the Mets

and before you guys ask "WHY????"....My answer is--I have no freagin clue. Woulda bought an M3 myself w/ all the money thats been dumped into this car--The beauty of sponsorship I guess
Old 10-15-2002, 09:31 AM
im back

you can pretty much turbocharge anything...it might not work right but it can be done...where in NY are you accord? nyc, li, or upstate? your shit will beat me but i'll run you for fun, can't hurt. besides i wanna see this thing.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:10 PM
Advanced

Re: IS300 is a piece of crap.....

Originally posted by 1FastS4.Com

Hahahahahaha...

That is halarious.
I used to own an IS also, I was "slammedblackIS" over at IS300.NET, I can name atleast 20 people off the top of my head that will destroy your S4.

Quick Reply: Wanna race my IS?